Viki changes About section in your own language

Hey to other Viki’aner =)

today we in the German Community saw, that Viki posts the Ttile of a drama in our language and even the ABOUT section of some dramas. And why do I bother as a Mod at all and take my time to fill it in when Viki replaces it anyway?
Is this in your countries also?

Why don´t they , again, inform us? The about sounds…

Seh’ ich irgendwie nicht … Fallbeispiel?

Keine Information ist leider irgendwie Standard.

It’s the same with French language since months now, we can’t even change a thing in French, title, the about section etc. We can do nothing about it. We only can suggest changes but they are not changing a thing from what we tell them… So… There are a lot of grammar, syntax, conjugation (etc.) mistakes in the about section of dramas in French but we can do nothing about it.

Here is “why” we can’t: https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/204013550-Translating-Titles-and-Descriptions

I hope it’s not also the case for German now, but that’s the only thing I can think about when you talk about it.

Before that, we also were changing everything since viki was changing title, about section etc., but they finally decided we cannot even if we are a moderator now.

1 Like

@lutra: Schau bei fates and furies. Oder die Beschreibung von Cinderella Chef.
Gibt aber noch mehr

@deval_chloe: the titles of some shows sounds so lol. And even the about section… nobody would use such words which were there used. This is so :confounded::pensive::sob::triumph::rage:
I hope they improve or let us do the titles and so by ourselfes again

1 Like

Yes I know, it’s the same in French unfortunately… I hope too.

1 Like

Okay, ich sehe das “Elend” nicht, weil ich unten auf der Seite Content:English gewählt habe. Vor ein paar Wochen war die Einstellung auf einmal automatisch auf Deutsch gestanden, habe ich aber gleich wieder geändert.
Das mit Titeländerung ärgert mich jedesmal, wie soll man sich da noch zurecht finden, denn international findet man ja fast nur englische Information, sprich englische Titel, da muss man wieder nach den Schauspielern suchen und dann gibt es noch die Schreibvariationen der Namen. -Ironieanfang - Es war noch nie so einfach Fan von asiatischen Serien zu sein. - Ironieende - :unamused:

1 Like

Look up your link, there was on update on the matter 3hrs ago!

1 Like

Yes, I saw, but I can’t see what was updated. ^^