[Viki Community Team] 2023 Winter Subathon Top 11 Badge Options

The truth being silenced, because we know that it’s the fault of the people who take months on a project like CE

18 Likes

I can’t believe my post was flagged just because I said the truth. What on earth!

If that’s how you deal with your volunteers then I’m done here. I won’t be wasting my time (as I said before). The whole thread was flagged kkkkkkkkk.

13 Likes

Why where our comments flagged and hidden/deleted? Because we said we can’t get that damned badge because our community is getting kicked out of Viki? But that’s the truth! I can’t believe they are ignoring us and playing dumb! Unbelievable. If you don’t want us to “spam”, please, give us a clear statement of our future as Portuguese subbers @vikicommunity @brendas @giant_sean @amm11

25 Likes

Yikes, this too, flagged. No way to see why. :pensive:

4 Likes

Spam? :thinking: Providing the posts are regarding the opened topic it should not be considered spam.
Also, providing all posts are respectful.

7 Likes

The comments were flagged as “off-topic”. Was this post not about the badge? Then, how can we get a badge if we’re not allowed to participate in the upcoming subathon because of lack of projects to sub in our language?

14 Likes

sheli

2m

The comments were flagged as “off-topic”. Was this post not about the badge? Then, how can we get a badge if we’re not allowed to participate in the upcoming subathon because of lack of projects to sub in our language?
–>They want to silence us. We’re complaining here because our chances of winning badges are slim.
I always got the Top Subathon. In the last Subathon I couldn’t do it because the subtitles were ready.

14 Likes

leerla73

anryumi

8m

Yikes, this too, flagged. No way to see why. :pensive:

–>The comments were flagged as “off-topic”. → Was this post not about the badge? Then, how can we get a badge if we’re not allowed to participate in the upcoming subathon because of lack of projects to sub in our language?

14 Likes

It’s a problem they don’t want to deal with, so they’re trying to silence us with their silence.

11 Likes

I can’t believe all the posts were flagged, even though they were all about the badges (and how we won’t be able to get them). That says a lot about Viki’s priorities, and guess what? We are indeed being kicked out of the community without any further notice. Silencing our concerns is not fair at all. If you don’t want to listen to us, just explain what’s going on so we can all move on. I don’t want to waste my time on a so-called “community” that is openly ignoring its members and their concerns. That’s a shame.

16 Likes

my thoughts and sentiments are exactly the same…so disappointing!

12 Likes

Problably the robot didn’t understand thar for get the badge we need the chance of work in translations… So it flagged ours comments…

10 Likes

Dear Viki Staff, as always, I was looking forward to my next badge! Unfortunately, it seems I won’t be able to get one as there are no more dramas available for Portuguese subbers to join in…So, what should I do? Please, advise.
Your faithful subscriber since 2018.

16 Likes

Sorry, but I think we should vote for the robot badge, it should be a badge, since it will be it and not us anymore who will be doing all the portuguese translations now. But then again, robots don´t care about badges or anything at all… People do.

12 Likes
Summary

That is not a good idea. I don’t agree with spamming.

4 Likes

Meu post voltou. Desculpa comunidade pelo flood. Errei, fui mlk

10 Likes
Summary

Unfortunately, if they do decide in the teams favor, after much appeal. Your actions can get you alone suspended. So, even though it seems fun to do, at the end, it’s not. :disappointed:

5 Likes

Thank you, @vikicommunity, for bringing our posts back. It shows that you are at least paying attention to what’s going on here. Here’s a suggestion for the next step: provide a statement about your plans for this community. Should we prepare for the end of our volunteering lives? It would be a shame, but at least we would be on the same page.

16 Likes

I had 2 dramas with pressubs. 2 historical chinese.
The first: the subtitle was terrible!!! Piece of words, no making sense…
The second: the portuguese subtitle was really good!!!

The point is: in the bad one, I need to rewrite again, a harder work.
In the good one, there was edits, since we (still?) are a community, so I need to edit in the same way.
I really don’t understand this point. If the pressub is terrible, why?
But if the pressub is really good, we are here in the same way, to put our standard.
If community can change the subtitle, good or bad, why the presubbs are there, since we are here as moderators, translators…
Again, the point is: are we a community? We need a explanation about.

17 Likes

errei fui cabelinho kkkkkkkkk

desculpa, isso na minha cabeça fez sentido agr kkkkk