Viki deleting channels without notifying you

But there are new staff I believe. Yuria, Dee and Kris.
Cant be understaff now, can they? Even though Stephanie has gone, Mariko and Britt are still here too.
They just need to train the new ones, maybe? I dont know.

With the Help Center disaster, its like theres no one or something. Idk what Vikis doing.

Yeah
 There are new staff members; so I wonder what’s up. More members, more problems? I don’t know. Every time there’s an issue, it’s like a test of my patience XD

Anyone ever try making a channel for a dubbed show while the original exists? I’ve made two previously. One was accepted and for the other it said there was already a channel. I dont get how that works. I feel like Viki just looks at the name of the show, checks for other channels, and accepts if nothing is there with that name. I don’t think they actually do a proper search.

She’s got another job, just that :slight_smile: I read on her profile page. That’s life, people changing jobs.

1 Like

There are many issues nowadays like I couldn’t upload a video for my fan channel yesterday. LOL. Gotta love viki and its errors.

@auroratasya Oof, I forget how frustrating fan channels can get after I only help out on licensed channels for awhile.

@Haiqa No, but I would think it ought to be rejected. If the original’s there, you’d just add subs, no? I’m not sure how the process works either; maybe something with multiple names slips by sometimes?

What’s a proper search? What else would they do beside searching for the channel name?

@scircus Idk. I sub Pakistani shows (since I speak Urdu). Lots of these are being dubbed in Arabic so I made channels for a few to make our Arab fans happy too. (They’re pretty popular in the Middle East from what I’ve heard. They’re being aired there on a channel called MBC Bollywood.) The thing is, we dont have many volunteers for English, so Arabic subs would be hard. We’ve tried, but the subbers just stop so I dont think it should be rejected. Thats why I think it should be allowed, for the benefit of our fans.
I think they should at least take a look at the channels. I feel like they just check if a show with that name exists and deny/accept based on that.

Oh, no!! Prince William’s gone?! I wanted to watch that one :’-(

I got the same issue
 apparently some channels I submit just disappear from my page and others just stay there 

@scircus I agree with your idea
 i think if things stay that way
 it will be our only chance to know who got what
 cz the way things are right now is pretty annoying!!

If you guys want
 I can make a spreadsheet and bug all the applicants CMs to fill it (at least for on air dramas or Kor/tai/chi/jap dramas
 cz it will be impossible to track down everything else)
What do you think?? Shall I do it?

@auroratasya @babyinspiritestar1

@alienluvah It’s not gone, but under a different manager

http://www.viki.com/tv/23768c-prince-william

No no, it’s here. Doramas and Gesti are the managers.

@Wafaahs: if you have the time to do it, then you could do.

Honestly, viki can do better than this. Sigh.

How about if we apply to be viki staff too? LOL.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, totally. If you have the time, that’d be great ^^

LOLL yeahh we would do a great job as Viki staff (and take all the good dramas to ourselves xD)

@scircus @auroratasya Great then!! I will start with the doc after segging on Angel Eyes. ^^

That’s the idea. LOL
XD

1 Like

You guys are so funny. lol.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Thanks for clarifying it, Britt :- )

^^