Viki is deleting ALL fan channels, even for upcoming dramas?!

Dear Amy,

I’m not talking about the “old” fan channels with videos and license issues, they have been deleted in 2016. I’m talking about the newer fan channels, all those channels, waiting for the license. Viki has given the volunteers the tool to submit such fan channels and has approved many of them. This tool has been disabled earlier in 2017.

In April 2017 Viki announced the new channel system, but assured the channel managers of those channels, that they will keep all the approved channels. I’m disappointed, that Viki missed to announce, that all those channels will be deleted.

3 Likes

Hi everyone!
VIKI should not have deleted fan channels for “upcoming” dramas either Korean or Chinese. :rage:
As soon as we are appointed as a manager for a channel we take our time to recruit members and organize a Team for what is to come. We can’t even inform our Team members anymore that the channel, they once joined, is now gone (deleted) because we don’t even save the information for every channel we have…
Now all fan channels are gone with the wind… along with the team members :frowning:
SIGH…
If Viki deleted those fan channels for “upcoming” dramas, I only hope they don’t bring them back in future because the members will not be back magically… LOL GRRRRRRRRRRRR

9 Likes

Hello Viki Community,

Thank you for all your feedback.

Due to time sensitivity and the high volume of Fan Channels, we were not able to be more explicit on the specific titles that would be taken down. We greatly apologize for that and any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused.

In regards to removed Fan Channels for upcoming titles, we will do our very best to honor the previously approved Channel Managers and their teams if these shows become available in the future.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best,
Viki Community Team