Viki vs Youtube

You should get an ad blocker. It works like a charm and it’s free.

Unless you are watching it on TV or a mobile device.

2 Likes

Exactly, it’s only on PC. And you still don’t access to premium content, like dramas and shows and music albums. Speaking of… YouTube actually has Korean dramas as part of its subscription. Imagine that?!

I stream YouTube everyday for music and other content. There was a time when YT only had one ad per video. Now, they have two consective ads, with ads in the middle of the video. I don’t really have a big problem with ads unless they have obnoxious music, they are five minutes long, they are repetitive, or if they are plain annoying. Some ads are funny, others informative, but nowadays, they are repetitive, with obnoxious music, etc.
However, strange thing, not every drama I watched on YT had ads. I guess it depended on the video. There was also a stretch of time when no ads played whatsoever, and I was never subscribed to YouTube Premium.

One YouTuber I am subscribed to mentioned this on his video yesterday, so I find this interesting that you mentioned it as well. I was not aware of the problem before until he mentioned it. I love that YT has such a variety of content, but now it is really pushing the monetary issue, and small content-creators will be pushed aside in favor of big companies.

I have resorted to Spanish subtitles on YT for some dramas, too. I once resorted to Portuguese subtitles because I couldn’t find the certain episode subbed in either English or Spanish. That was an interesting experience :laughing:
@angelight313_168 Do you know of any Spanish dramas that on YT that are worth watching?

3 Likes

In Spanish I love the ones from Spain. They have a lot about demons and angels (their favorite themes for dramas). Can’t remember the titles. They also have the Korean drama: Cinderella and the 4 knights . They have BIG dubbed in Spanish. I love it, it was the first drama that got me hooked to k-drama)

2 Likes

I remember I wanted to watch it so badly and was so happy to have finally found it on Youtube. then it turned out to be in Spanish as you say… I wanted English… found only the first bunch of episodes but the rest wasn’t there.
(Don’t worry I found it elsewhere later and was able to happily watch it. Don’t worry about it :sunglasses:)
For the ones who haven’t watched it, it’s a nice one to watch.

2 Likes

Glad I’m mostly watching Chinese dramas, no sub. fee required :upside_down_face:

PS:

What I really hate and why I stop watching most stuff there is the adds between episodes on amazon prime. I’m already paying for them every month, sometimes without using their services for anything (like free delivering system) but I still have to watch adds or click every time. The said they’ll add an option to disable adds for prime users but they didn’t (they said they would do so last year).

1 Like

Yes, I loved it, too! I’m watching right now VAGABOND (Ne****X) with Suzy A and Lee Seung Gi I’m in heaven!!! I love those two although it seems they are deadly rivals.

If you have NX it started today.

I just saw that show on my Netflix feed. Seems interesting, I might try it out. I started When the Camellia Blossoms on N***x with Gong Hyo Jin and Kang Ha Neul, and I am enjoying it so far.

2 Likes

Just saw the first two episodes. Both main characters are charmingly weird. I wantz to hugz dem, and squiiz dem… :heart:

1 Like

@helenama73_911

I’m watching episode 2 right now of WTCB on Nfx too, and I love it! so far is funny, and I’m just hoping the scene they keep showing is not link to her.

But I’m telling you VAGABOND with Lee Seung Gi and ASuzy is awesome!!! A bit sad but that’s part of k drama. You can say I’m in heaven with this 2 dramas. I just finished episode 2 of Vagabond and is really going places, my kind of drama with action packed scenes…

I don’t think they are rivals

1 Like

I have just started watching vagabond, oh! looks good so far! and I plan to start the when the camellia blooms, maybe today with vagabond, like watching a couple at a time

Didn’t say anything about yt, I watched one, or attempted , and no English subs. I did watch some that did have English subs, and seems like its ok to me, truly haven’t watched much on YT, I still want to find terrius behind me , again, I may be doing this wrong, but all the episodes aren’t being shown,straighten me out,ok? I don’t see any problem w yt, except some dont have the English subs. and can find a lot of them where we can’t find here,

2 Likes