Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Hello, I would like to help to sub, from English to german. It would be really great if I can help :smiley: :smile:

Hey. I can help if you need English- German subber :smiley:

1 Like

hello this is my first time to join a sub community . but I am willing to try hard . I can translate from english to arabic or the other way around .

需要从中文到英文翻译者,请通知我!

Hello, I have recently joined the sub community. But I had a question… I have become a QC trainee, but I didn’t get the “global video viewing ability”… Can somebpdy help me with this?

@sueda_1995_177
Here is the info for the QC program, read carefully it states "can watch “most videos”… which means as recently happened some dramas even for QC the “global license” got restricted. Also some fan channels not uploaded directly via viki such as dailymotion are geo restricted by your IP. I think also if you watch on pc you might see the channel but not on Android. I hope this helps, which particular drama can you not see?
https://blog.viki.com/vikis-qualified-contributor-program-gets-a-brand-new-look-504af499dbd0#.winzu3fzj
next time look for the TOPIC in the search box since this box is for “want to subtitle” topic.
best, Simi

2 Likes

Yes you’re right. I knew that it said most videos, but the problem was that I couldn’t watch any restricted videos :sweat_smile:But the problem is solved since I logged out and logged in again.l :smiley: thank you for taking your time to write a response! :blush:

I would like to do subs English- Spanish. Let me know if you need someone to help you.

Olá tudo bem?

Procuro tradutores ing-port para o drama https://www.viki.com/tv/25705c-legend-of-lu-zhen

Se tiver interesse pm me =D

Hi could you translate from mandarin to english. I have 3 dramas in desperate need of help
Patriot Yue Fei
Red Sorghum
Arrows on a bowstring.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I want to help. I can substile from english to french :slight_smile: I wish i can help you :smiley:

Hello I want to subtitle from English to German :slight_smile: Please let me know! :blush:

1 Like

Hi, I sent you a pm on viki. Best Simi.

Im sending you a pm, we need German subbers for https://www.viki.com/tv/29554c-gye-baek.

Hi,
my Name is Shani and I would like to be a part of your Team in both dramas. I can offer you. Eng- German sub :slight_smile:

2lizz5 is also looking for German subtitlers

I would really like to help translating and to sub kdramas, if possible, from english to italian. :slight_smile:
I already translated some projects through project finder.

Dear stramex_kdrama,
first of all, maybe you’re relatively new here, but there is a rule that you should never start subtitling before asking permission from the Italian moderator, or if there isn’t, the English moderator or the Channel Manager. I know, it’s not clearly written on the Project Finder, so it’s not really your fault. However I’m telling you so that you don’t find yourself reprimanded.
Secondly. I had a careful look at your recent subtitles. Are you even Italian? Most of them seem to be literal translation from English, in many there is not matching of the gender of names and adjectives, not to mention many typos which show that you didn’t properly review your work after doing it.
Examples of literal translation with false friends.
I couldn’t see the source English, but I can perfectly guess what it was from the translation:

Voglio fermare che accada (the English “stop” in this case cannot be translated with “fermare”, you need “impedire”)

che la mamma non era imbarazzata per il tempo spento con Papà (spento means a candle which is blown out, or the electric appliance that has been turned off. Has nothing to do with the English “spent” as in “spending time”. What you translated means “she has turned off time/blown off time with dad”)

E’ nella sua strada per l’ospedale (it was probably “He was on his way to the hospital” and you translated he’s “in his way” which doesn’t work either in English or in Italian). And capital accented E needs to be written like this: È

Sono ignorante quando spendo i miei soldi, guardami succedere (Guardami succedere? What on earth does this mean in Italian?)

Ye Rin sta arrivando anche, con sua mamma. (is coming too. This “too” in Italian is never put at the end"

Per lei ho lavorato per vent’anni (Wrong word order)

NIS (Servizio di intelligenza nazionale del Sud Korea) Intelligence in English is where spies like James Bond work. Intelligence in Italian means just being smart, being intelligent, has no other meaning. You should have searched for the corresponding Italian. If you had a quick look here http://www.wordreference.com/enit/intelligence you would find the two meanings, the second being “secret information” and if you scrolled down a bit you could find Servizi Segreti, the word you’re looking for.

Examples of not matching the adjective/pronoun/verb with the noun

Questa è L’ufficio del procuratore supremo. (questa is feminine, ufficio is masculine)
La squadra Anti-Corruzione è pregato di andare all’ufficio del procuratore generale (la squadra is feminine, è pregato is masculine)

Examples that make me think that either you’re not Italian or that you didn’t read your translation again:

Tarzan, vole tra gli alberi. (The verb is volare --> vola)

Sei diventata un monstro per catturare un mostro, ministro (In Italian monster is mostro and not monstro. The second time you got it right, so it must have been a typo)

-Uno,due …
-Aspetta, aspetta , aspetta! (1. You need a space after the dash. 2) you need a space after the comma 3) there should be no space between a word and a comma. I mean, this is basic!

Con dei speghetti trasparenti come il vetro dentro (You tried to describe glass noodles, a type of starch noodles, translating “with spaghetti transparent like glass”. Which is awkward. But, mostly, you wrote “dei spaghetti”, where the basic rule is that before “sp, sb, sc etc…” we put the other article, “gli” and not “i” This is learned in primary school. And, in case of foreign learners, around lesson 2 or maximum 3.

Sottotitoli e sincronizzazione portati per voi da The Knockout Team @ Viki.com (portati per voi? You either say “portati a voi” or “preparati per voi”. Wrong preposition.

Example of a sentence which makes no sense whatsoever, I cannot even imagine what was the English:

E se i miei rapporti personali facessero una mossa, quel fuoco sarebbe messo giù ben presto

I have nothing against you, and it is not wish to make anybody feel bad - actually I feel bad myself for telling you unpleasant truths. But, some things must be said, firstly because it may be useful for the person (if he or she listens with open ears), and secondly for the sake of viki and the viewers: because there are too many people who really don’t know that they are not fit for the job - yet! (there’s always room for improvement, if there is willingness to improve.

See, we are all unpaid volunteers here, with a varying degree of proficiency, and it is a given that it is not possible to always have excellent, professional results. But, this said, there are certain standards, and we all commit to do our best. What is our best? When you’re not sure of something, don’t just invent, but look it up. If a sentence sounds weird, makes no sense in your language, look up in the idioms dictionary, it might be an idiom. And try to make it sound natural in the target language. Look again and again to fix typos and formatting errors. And so on.

I am sure that if you pay attention, study English some more and especially read many Italian books, you will see great improvement. Then I would be most glad to see you come back here and I’m sure you would be welcome in the Italian teams. But until then, please consider taking a hiatus from translating, until you really know what you’re doing.

In bocca al lupo!

2 Likes

Hello,
I also need a Chinese/English subber.
Please reply to my discussion thread for [Chinese Drama] GWTS Recruiting.

I can be voluntary to translate from English to Spanish :grin: