Movie Watch Party - "The Dude in Me" Tonight, Nov. 11, 7 PM Eastern

We will be skipping our usual Thursday afternoon watch party, but we are looking for suggestions for the next option for Sunday, October 24 at 1 PM Eastern time. So far the suggestions include:

Splash Splash Love
Gogh, the Starry Night
Ending Again
The Best Ending (Based on reviews, it appears as though this one has a ‘first’ season not found here on Viki, but it also sounds like you can watch this one as a stand alone and still be okay. Anyone know about this?)
Grand Prix (This is a movie option)

If you have any others you’d like to suggest, go ahead and do it here, and then we will put up a poll to make a final decision.

2 Likes

I definitely want to do

Bow and Kiss - but we might have to wait until November for that one
Bow and Kiss

Refresh Man
longer one would need a couple days

I will add some more when I have some time to see what is on my MDL and what is available on VIKI

1 Like

Are you looking for something special?

1 Like

We like the shorter eps! We seem to like Japanese - but no!

We did Incurable Case of Love
Well Intended Love
Definitely Not Today
May Dec Couple
Kiss Goblin
Pet in Dali Temple

1 Like

Nothing in particular. Just anything that anyone wants to suggest as a watch party. Up until now, we’ve kept it on the lighter side, and shorter eps and less total eps makes it easier, but none of those things are a prerequisite.

2 Likes

Movie - Jazzy Misfits! It is freaking hilarious! It is definitely the seedier side of life but oh so good! It has English subs. I am still fixing the timing but it is not too far off. We could watch it.

It’s a Viki standard pass

2 Likes

I checked my list short, short eps, at Viki and maybe not watched by too many:

And a movie

This one is not as light

5 Likes

Those are some great suggestions! Thanks.

3 Likes

Wed 3:30 is on my list - and In House Marriage would be fun.

5 Likes

How about danger Less detectives?

3 Likes

This one is on-air right now -

Some short Japanese Romantic Comedies

4 Likes

I’ve watched A Virgin Woman of Literature and thought it was good. Some reviewers thought the ending was confusing but it would be thought-provoking for a watch party. (My 2 cents worth).

3 Likes

I’ve watched 4 Fated To Love You/You Are My Destiny dramas, in my notes I have that the Japanese version was my least favorite, I don’t remember why though. I think I keep watching the remakes hoping that the FL will be written better. I should just give up now. lol

I liked both A Virgin Woman of Literature and Takane and Hana (please don’t watch if you can’t get past their ages, she’s still in high school) I haven’t watched the other one yet.

2 Likes

We got a lot of great suggestions, so many that I won’t put all of them in the poll, but now we can go ahead and vote on what everyone wants to watch for this Sunday.

• Splash, Splash Love
  • Gogh, The Starry Night
  • Ending Again
  • The Best Ending
  • Grand Prix (movie)
  • Jazzy Misfits (movie)
  • Wednesday 3:30 PM
  • I Started Following Romance
  • In House Marriage Love
  • Danger-Less Detectives

0 voters

2 Likes

I’m ok with Grand Prix and Wednesday 3:30 pm also! I’m ok with anything :laughing:

1 Like

And here, all this time, I thought Grand Prix was about cars.

grandprix

2 Likes

It turns out I will not be able to join the watch party on Sunday, so I went ahead and voted for one of the dramas that requires a pass because you won’t have to accommodate my pass-less self since I won’t be there. :joy:

@natyh will be hosting this particular watch party.

@sweetybirdtoo, @stardust2466_546, @eviell, @shraddhasingh do any of you have an opinion on what to watch Sunday? You can vote in the poll up above.

I know I might be missing some people who usually take part in Sunday watch parties, so if you think of anyone else to ask, please tag them.

5 Likes

This is just my opinion but I am totally cool with waiting for you to get your pass dear, if that is the reason you can’t join. Life is too short to rush through it. If you @my_happy_place have something you’d favor watching, please… let’s watch THAT! I feel like we are a group and we should all stick together to do these watch parties if at all possible. (Plus, I think as a group, we are really a fun bunch).

If you can’t join for another reason, please disregard this post and enjoy your Sunday.

4 Likes

That’s really sweet, but my absence on Sunday has nothing to do with my lack of pass. :blush: After that, it’s not too much longer until my keys to the rest of the kingdom will be in my hands. :joy:

4 Likes

Are we watching Splash Splash @natyh?

@my_happy_place we will miss you. I love splash splash so much if that’s the watch! So romantic!:sunglasses:

3 Likes