What are you currently watching?

you give me hope… thanks!

1 Like

You’re welcome. Forever together in our hearts.

2 Likes

has anyone started watching Forest?? weird to say the least. BUt its different , love the cast, I have watched the first episode, WRITERS are the bomb! they do those twists and turns, yeah I am hooked. hope rest is good.

I started watching ‘‘Forest’’ but it didn’t kept my interest, so I let it go. I love the guy but this role In My opinion don’t click with me. They kind of always pair him with the ‘‘not for him’’ girl, and this has nothing to do with (the girl’s) looks.

The ‘‘Liar and the Lover’’ I was so happy to see the young man come back to acting (I saw him in ‘‘to the beautiful you/’’) but this role to me, is a total ‘‘no match’’ for him. People in that field of his work need to be strong, and he’s so timid/mousey lol

@feyfayer

I have watched ‘‘My Only Love Song’’ swear to you; 4 times/ all episodes again and again. I love the so realistic fantasy in it. But most of all, I love the main couple in the drama bc they are so perfect for each other in everything (looks, craziness, compatibility and intense love). The ending didn’t bothered me bc it was part of the ‘‘fantasy world’’

Those are my favorite types of dramas/movies whether they are from Korea. China Spain or any other country. That’s my kind/ type of dramas to watch and enjoy 100%. I saw Demons and Angels (from Spain I believe), and I saw every season they had available here at viki years back. I mainly worked in the drama just to be the first one on line watching this different but so wonderful to me drama.

I’m glad you liked it. I found myself cringing (and not in a good way) and annoyed at the drama too often. I don’t think I’ll watch the remaining episodes any time soon :slightly_smiling_face:

@aznative The first drama I saw KNG in was the first Sageuk (historical) drama that I watched - Queen Seondeok. He’ll forever be Bidam to me :wink: But I do enjoy his comedic roles and his ‘evil’ laughter.

Just finished Live up to your name and now am looking for something else to watch. Probably will watch the King’s daughter or Go Go Squid and revisit some movies from studio Ghibli.

2 Likes

@feyfayer

I hear you, I have also seen dramas that make me cringe, too. There are a few actress/actors that I can’t give them a minute of my time of watching their dramas bc I can’t stand the way they portray their character (maybe they play it too well?). I read somewhere that the main actress from MOLS is criticized a lot when acting, and I personally didn’t see anything wrong with her acting but it happens.

I have to admit that at first i didn’t like it too much either until I reached the episode where she saves his mom, and I cried buckets from that scene. After that, I fell in love with the rest of the drama. The beginning episodes are kind of like a bit hard to swallow for some reason (not that I’m trying to convince you to watch it) I can’t pin point what it is but I felt it, too. I did found the ‘‘evil’’ guy so funny I couldn’t get enough of him. The ending was unrealistic but I stayed in the fantasy mode to be able to accept what happened in the end.

1 Like

LUNA NERA :last_quarter_moon_with_face:

I’m currently watching a drama from Italy about witches, and the persecution they suffer as they are accused of doing witchcraft, when all they are doing is using nature to cure the sick. Although there are some ‘‘witches’’ that use their power to do evil there are many that use their gift to help others in need.Their gift is unappreciated. Putting a request since I’ve never seen an Italian drama in here.

REQUEST DONE

Guys the new Link to request a drama/movie/show has change, and the one I added here for japanese show [TERRACE HOUSE] is no longer working. The new link to request dramas/movies/shows is below. Please do join me and request this wonderful show it gets better with each different episodes. Thanks!

I saw When Marnie was There a week ago, and I watched it twice in one day to understand it. I also couldn’t stop listening to the OST because it was so beautiful. I really like that one, it made me think long and hard about the storyline.

I started watching 30,000 Miles in Search of My Son (2007) with So Yoo Jin and Lee Hoon on YT. Even though the subs were horrible and the video quality not the best, I still like the show a lot. The amount of comedy nicely balances out the tragedy that happened in the first episode or so. However, only 8/20 episodes have been uploaded. I’m going to request it on Viki, even though it is an older drama.

I didn’t like My Only Love Song. It was too loud and crazy for me :confused:

1 Like

I saw it when it came out and yes, the OST and animation (those landscapes and architecture) are beautiful! I have to admit that I wasn’t overwhelmed by the movie when I first saw it, but I was really impressed by the themes of loneliness and “outside”-ness that they portrayed. I’m going to watch it again :blush:

1 Like

Do you have a favorite Ghibli movie? Most of the movies made the rounds in theatres here in Arizona awhile ago and my daughter and I were able to see most of them again on the big screen. What a delight.
“Go Go Squid” was cute. Not familiar with “The King’s Daughter”.

I didn’t write it out fully - King’s daughter Su Baek Hyang. It’s really good, though the episode I’m on is really heartbreaking, and it’s nice to see Jeon Tae Soo’s face, even if he’s playing the villain character (he passed away in 2018).

I don’t like picking favorites in anything really, since my taste changes based on the mood I’m in or the age I’m at, but if I had to name a movie that had a big emotional impact, it would be ‘Grave of the fireflies’. I can’t rewatch the movie, especially since spoiler, the movie begins with the ending. And at the beginning you don’t really care about it, but as you are watching the movie and realize that, oh the waterworks… and the fact that this could have really happened as well. I love the other movies for the creativity and the wonderful animations, so it’s hard to pick a favorite :smile:

2 Likes

I watch lots of dramas on the same time. My way of watching dramas is binge watching old dramas while waiting for new episodes of airing dramas. I’m currently like the most are, obsessed with Itaewon Class, and also liking Tell me what you saw. I just finished binge watching coffee prince which I didn’t watch before cuz of laziness and didnt like the female lead ofc regretted not watching it before after I finished it!

1 Like

I finally found Circle (not here) scary, weird, and funny at times. Binged watched until 6:30 am The HOLO LOVE (SK) hope we can watch here. I am making a request.

I also watch several, in the list is Crash Landing on you, Vagabond, Eternal Love the Pillow Book, Sword Dynasty, Ever Night 2 and just Finish watching The Holo Love :grinning:

1 Like

ust started watching my Holo love, oh my goodness! the story line is great. thought the cyborg/robots were the tops, but here we go! really am hoping for it to be a good one! and watching ad genius here on viki, its good, watching forest too, wow thats different, tell me what you see another awesome one!

2 Likes

‘‘The Holo Love’’ I started and couldn’t stop so i didn’t sleep until I finish all the episodes. ‘‘Crash Landing on You’’ is so awesome week after week. :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:. 2 more episodes and is over…:frowning:

I will miss them all; they were so funny and brought laughter in my life. YOU must see here at Rviki…The Game: towards Zero. (weird title) good story plot so far.

2 Likes

II am watching the game zero, and what did you see and of course my holo love

1 Like

I’m currently on episode 2 of My Holo Love and really like it so far.

Also recently finished season 1 of Age of Youth. I plan to watch season 2 but am disappointed that they recasted one of the main characters. I’d rather they just write her out instead.

2 Likes