What are you currently watching?

Hi, there!
How about these?

5 Likes

If I may add to the RomCom suggestions - although some of these are perhaps quirky, here are a few more:

🟨 🟨 🟨 🟨

Perhaps not RomCom yet definitely relationship-based, I also recommend:

@lucasldias There are many, many excellent Kdrama on Viki, I hope you find favorites to enjoy!

@lutra Your suggestions are also on my top faves!

@irmar You can say that again about the kisses on Another Oh Hye Young!

4 Likes

@angelight313_168…I agree with you 100% about the ending of CLOY…was so hoping for a great ending and disappointed to the max. Weeks and weeks of waiting for the ending and they give us this?

1 Like

I am not mad lol but I am only at… 19 xD But i hope that they dont drag the story because it’s getting tiresome…
PS: Finished Weiyoung for my 2th run :slight_smile: Was a delight to watch as always ^^

2 Likes

@lahernandez

I’m telling you I can’t even think about CLOY final episode, without getting high blood pressure. Something that was forgivable became to me, unforgivable. lol

I am so glad someone else agree with me that we didn’t deserve that ending. That is why I fell out of love with K- drama a long time ago. They always lack imagination.

1 Like

I’m watching an older Tdrama, Zhong Wu Yan. The main female lead is super smart and I like how she helps people. The only thing that I don’t agree with is her choice of guy to fall in love with…but given the backstory I understand why she likes him. So far, the guy is a playboy and a jerk, but surprisingly, he has a conscience and he knows how to apologize. His backstory also explains why he does what he does, but still…so far, I’m liking the show.

Other rom coms:

How to Meet the Perfect Neighbor (a rom com with a mystery)

4 Likes

I’m watching Hi bye, Mama. It’s about Ghost and so far is a really good one.

PS. I forgot to add SPECTROS (ntfx) it has English language voice over (of really bad quality I may add/ lol)

But I love horror dramas especially if it’s about ghost. It has 8 episodes, and is about a group of teens that get caught up in a supernatural clash as vengeful spirits from centuries past rise up in the Liberdade district of São Paulo. I will add a request for this drama I like the different actors/actress young and old mixed alike. I know many will enjoy it too.

3 Likes

I am watching your secret. an edge of your seat mystery! hope it has a good ending !

2 Likes

@helenama73_911 Love your list, especially noted Full House! This was my second K-drama (Autumn in My Heart was the first :heart_eyes_cat:) I still have both dramas on the fansubbed VCDs that I traded for over 15 years ago, treasured artifacts!

Back to Full House, I would like to nominate it as the Ultimate K-Drama RomCom. Okay, okay, Full House is maybe not the best K-romcom ever, but the romantic build-up and the comedic situations are the ultimate - not to mention, Rain, the god of sexiness!

Fellow Vikians, What is your Ultimate RomCom?

1 Like

I think it is the one that started an explosion in rom coms. The OST is so catchy! I watched it because of the contract marriage relationship (which I really like to watch, for some strange reason–maybe because it’s not based on love at first sight).

As for favorite rom coms, I am not much of a rom com person, more of a fan of melodrama and action and sometimes slice-of-life dramas, but my favorite has to be How to Meet the Perfect Neighbor. I just love that drama, and I really need to watch it again! I also like My Lovely Sam Soon.

dr cutie. first episode was ok, anyway this may be a good one. I have gone back to some old dramas, healer, of course, jekle,hyde &me heal me kill me, just started hi bye mama,
y’know I have not watched my girlfriend is a gumiho, think I will put that on my list as well

helena, have you watched meet me at 3;30 ( I think thats it)

2 Likes

I just finished watching Let Me Introduce Her while waiting for the subtitles and next episodes of Tell Me What You Saw. The story was so interesting and terribly sad at the same time, but in the end, there was redemption for all involved. I had to turn away from watching some of the scenes, but it still was a great show in that the female character took her future in her own hands and didn’t bend in to pressure and she stayed true to her heart.

No, I haven’t heard of that drama. Do you recommend it?

1 Like

I’m watching hi, bye mama but getting so disappointed bc is not what I expected.

I loved movie: Foreigner with Jackie Chan.

1 Like

sorry, gave you the wrong title, its called “Meet me at 1006” you like sci fi,time travel, and a mystery all tied into one, kind of funny, and not like the other time travel, just note they had to meet at 10:06.

the movie with Jackie chan, I am not a fan of him but this one movie made up for it, its called Namiya, its here on Viki. and I think you will like it. all I will say is Jackie Chan was awesome in this. I have watched a lot of his movies, and this one tops them all, so I am a romanticist (?)

2 Likes

OMG I love Jackie Chan I find all his movies action packed, funny, emotional and very entertaining. FOREIGNER on NTFLX it’s wonderful, and so is TUXEDO (oldie one). The only thing I complain about him that with all his money he doesn’t take more English classes or something. Sometimes I can’t understand what he’s saying so I leave the subtitles/captions on, and I bet viewers hate that too.

2 Likes

the spy next door, reluctant spy(i think) maybe that’s what I should have done, left the subs on He is a good actor, yes the language is a problem

1 Like

All right! I’ll check it out, thank you for the recommendation!

The premise of the story sounds somewhat similar to 49 Days, another kdrama about a woman who gets into a coma due to a car accident and a grim reaper (aka ‘scheduler’) gives her 49 days to collect the tears of three people who love her (not including her parents). If she does so, she can return to her body, but if not, she will pass on. She discovers that the people she thought loved her may not have loved her at all, and those whom she never would have guessed actually love her. I haven’t seen any episodes of Hi, Bye Mama, so I can’t say how similar they are, but the ‘49 days’ concept is similar.

2 Likes

I thought it looked familiar! thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

@helenama73_911

Spoiler alert

I believe the stories are related bc she has 49 days to accomplish something so she can come back to life. I honestly hate the fact that the second wife has been completely ‘‘ignored’’ although she took care of this baby since it was born. Anyone that has a kid knows how horrible those sleepless nights are, not counting the constant colic pain accompanied with screaming for hours, constant earaches, colds, teething! LORD have mercy when those teeth are sprouting like a flower breaking through the soil (gums) hahaha.

I don’t (honestly) like the idea of her coming back to life after 5 years. Maybe if it had been a year I can believe this ridiculous story plot. It’s too fake/unrealistic/senseless (the story).

2 Likes

I haven’t begun to watch it but from what you wrote, it does seem far-fetched.

I just finished watching a Cdrama Rakshasa Street, which I thought was fun and an easy watch. The world can definitely be explored more and delved into, but it has only 24 episodes and each one varies in length from 18 minutes to 30 minutes. I believe it is a comic and an animated series as well, but I haven’t read or watched either. Anyways, I am hoping for a second season someday! It could have been 60 episodes, I think.

1 Like