What are you currently watching?

At least they won’t get into fights about leaving out dirty socks or not putting the cap back on the toothpaste … :wink:

1 Like

On NTFLX though…You guys need to see SEOUL SEARCHING it’s from 2015 and just loved it!

2 Likes

I did see Crash Landing On You, but not the other ones you mentioned. My Taiwanese friend had told me he didn’t like the ending of Crash Landing On You, so I was afraid they would die or something, so I was glad that they at least survived.

True, it’s not always only bad …

1 Like

It’s written by Park Ji Eun.

1 Like

There might still come a second season in which they move to Switzerland permanently … or they all end up dying, you never know …

2 Likes

I never finished the rise of the phoenix, guess that will be another one I will be watching. or the legend of the phoenix either

2 Likes

I love watching Chinese dramas, cause they add a lot of historical stuff in their dramas, oh yeah I know they add a lot of fiction too. but I love it when they fly, well we know ropes & pullies, wonder how much research goes into those stories!

4 Likes

The 2010 movie “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” was my introduction to the Wuxia genre of Mainland Chinese movies/stories.

I’ve seen quite a few behind-the-scenes videos from modern Wuxia dramas. An extraordinary amount of work is devoted to many of the dramas I’ve watched. Costumes, jewelry, wigs, the building of sets.

These may be interesting for you to read.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2019-06-17/A-glimpse-of-Hengdian-China-s-Hollywood-HBewg9RR5e/index.html

4 Likes

I saw it on NTFLX and I was amazed how much i liked it although some parts are sad. I always watch the behind the scenes after the movie/drama is completely finished.

PS. Thanks for sharing the link epic battles etc…it was a very interesting link (different from behind the scenes) This link went more in depth on how studios work out those magical scenes that are so awesome to watch in dramas/movies.

2 Likes

Then I wish you, that you’re happier with the end,
when I was… It was not nice and now :zipper_mouth_face::no_mouth::grin:

You’re welcome.

1 Like

If you guys love watching Korean movies this is the one for you. Loved it although is a very complicated theme.

1 Like

I started it, haven’t gotten very far.
but to me questionable, not able to explain what I mean, was she buried? reincarnated, just came back to life, then wouldn’t the body be stinky, did she come out of her grave, (I haven’t watch far enough for that part) a ghost? or she wasn’t dead after all? in some kind of limbo? guess I will have to watch it to find out.

1 Like

Ich kann das aber nachempfinden, weil diese Symbolik in der Türkei ähnlich ist. Daher schaue ich auch sehr gerne chinesische “historische” Dramen, die Modernen hingegen sind oftmals nicht meins, das machen die Koreaner z.b. immer besser.

2 Likes

@frustratedwriter

You need to watch it, and pay attention because it’s complicated. The truth is, the story was too far fetched to be believable, but the boy and So Ji Sub play an amazing role so I went along with the ridiculous story. Did you see hi/bye momma? same story except ending I was able to accept.

1 Like

Es ist das “märchenhafte” Element, das es manchem Zuschauer eben schwer macht. In chinesischen Serie sehe ich seltener Fußnoten, als ich es bei koreanischen erlebt habe. Und man muss sich, wenn man noch nicht Fan davon ist, in die Thematik einarbeiten, wenn man die Zeit nicht hat, bleibt einem vieles verschlossen.

Und die gefallen mir dann besser und sind für mich verständlicher.

Ich finde es toll, dass es die Vielfalt gibt und somit jeder die Chance hat etwas nach seinem Geschmack zu finden.

2 Likes

After postponing it for so long, I’m finally starting on NIF

Just finished episode 1.

5 Likes

You have a long way to go. lol

I am doing something that helps me to tolerate these kind of long dramas; when there’s a battle/fight I hit the skip button so fast and make sure I never see a battle scenes which are too long, too bloody and too unnecessary.

Ever since I started doing this I am able to watch the whole drama w/o dropping it.

2 Likes

Hahah true :rofl: I haven’t even progressed to episode 2 yet, since I was busy baking bread.

I’m curious to see whether I’ll remember the scenes in NIF2 from segmenting when I eventually start watching it :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Sounds like you already saw all the spoilers … :thinking:

2 Likes