What are you currently watching?

I finally got through through the first episode of “Graceful Family”(not because it was boring, quite the opposite, but because it was long), and wow, I wasn’t expecting to see a strong female lead in this one. Super excited to watch the next episodes and highly recommend :hugs:

3 Likes

watching a drama called Miss truth, I also recommended viki to get it. a cute neat story, girl proficient in doing autopsies, and the stuff she gets into!, again the subs are much to be desired. looking at an influential guy and calling him hoity-toity, I did a double-take on that one.

oh its in the historical type stuff. kind of reminded me of the sleuth from the ming dynasty, but he didn’t do autopsies. really cute, and the actors & actresses outstanding. of course, someone is looking for that pearl, not sure of the significance of it. anyway a good watch but still finishing up with my other dramas here on Viki

2 Likes

I have given in to watching descendents of the sun, I don’t know why I never watched it. but the first episode intrigued me! so I will be watching this one.

2 Likes

Alice

4 Likes

I cried like a river! The film is so sad, be prepared guys! :sob::heart:

3 Likes

Yes, it will make you cry, but is so worth watching. I loved the ending, so ppl know that is not the ending that will make them cry (some ppl won’t watch if ending is sad). I loved that is based on a true story, so we see a part of history during those times that is very important to know about and the government always try to hide from the world. Here in USA everything is known hard as they try to hide it, won’t happen. that is why ppl tend to think so much crime/things happen in US but it happens all over the world but some get to hide everything like they tried to hide the killings of innocent ppl during that time and the courage of a taxi driver and journalist served justice in the end. A real tear jerking movie; but I REPEAT worth watching!

3 Likes

thats another one I got on my list, ok I also got one but it isn’t here on viki, I did request it
called miss truth. kind of reminds me of Imperial doctress, but I like Miss truth, really quite good too.
Imperial doctress, is good too

2 Likes

Yes, it was sad but it was woth the time and I reviewed this film with a 10/10!
Just a masterpiece! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

I really enjoyed watching both dramas. Was especially pleased with “Mystic Pop-Up Bar” story.

2 Likes

When I read ‘hoity-toity’ while watching “Miss Truth” I laughed out loud!
I was curious about the expression Hoity-Toity.

If you liked “The Sleuth of the Ming Dynasty” you would probably also like “Ancient Detective”.

2 Likes

yeah, thanks for the information. yes love ancient detective,watching it again. wouild love to see more like this and the sleuth fropm ming dynasty.

2 Likes

After the recommendations: Meteor Garden

2 Likes

Do You Like Brahms? This brings back memories. I have three kids who play instruments. The oldest is a pianist, and I have twins who play violin and cello. All are competition level musicians and have performed for many years in various orchestras. I never missed a performance or competition and used to sit through the rehearsals, especially when my daughter was the concert mistress.

6 Likes

You’re welcome.
I would love to see a continuation of “The Sleuth of the Ming Dynasty” with the same cast and some new bad guys, and lots more scenes of Sui Zhou cooking meals for the family.
Viki recently added a new historical drama about a female detective called “Maiden Holmes”.

3 Likes

@choitrio_yahoo_com
You must be so proud. Congratulations!

2 Likes

Thank you! I miss listening to them practice. They used to perform together as a trio at public events quite a bit as well. That’s why my username is choitrio. They are college students so most of their friends are not into classical music. They now prefer playing guitars.

2 Likes

i am currently watching dr stranger and flower of evil :sunglasses::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I was thinking like a woman sherlock holmes, I will look into it today hopefully its here

1 Like

@gouri23

They both are great dramas and you’ll be shocked with Dr. Stranger ending (it has a twist). I read that on an Asian website (can’t verify if is true). But it was what stopped me from watching the drama.

Flower of Evil deserves many awards broke free from the monotonous same story line in K-drama. Besides the fact that it has the best 2 main characters.

2 Likes

I am waiting for the twist. Thank u for you feedback. Nice to meet you my friend::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes