What are you currently watching?

Actually, I am watching many - Lost romance, my unicorn girl, GO ahead, and I-LAND.
I am doing a followup every week. I suggest you watch these. All the 4shows I am watching are quite different. If you are interested in dancing and singing stuff go with I-LAND. If you are interested in family, friendship type then GO AHEAD. if you are interested in different kinds of Rom-comedy then LOST ROMANCE. If you are interested in a typical university love story where the girl pretends to be boy and joins a university of her dream and joins boys ice hockey team then go with MY UNICORN GIRL. :smile:

3 Likes

I don’t know if I should put this here,I am still watching Miss Truth, a cute awesome drama,
if this is not right just delete it,.

something happened to me the other day and really didn’t realize it. a lot of people said to watch Descents of the sun, did about 4 episodes, would you believe that it affected me? the one word triggered it Afghanistan, my son was there twice, now PTSD kicked in him, looking for him and well I won’t go into full detail, but I started feeling down, really down, thinking of my son along with this. no, the Kdramas DO NOT depress me, lets get that straight, but this, it really affected me! sorry this is so0 long, and please don’t let this stop you watching this, It was and is a fantastic drama, I just am not able to watch it!

3 Likes

Yeah, don’t watch it if it brings you bad memories, even if it’s not the drama’s fault :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mary, you are not alone. Although I have no relations in what sort ever to soldiers, but I am unable to watch it, never have started it. I think the last drama with military background I watched was Route Nr. 1 and a Larkorn I’ll Fated/ Khu Kam, they both are further back in history, the Korean War and WWII, but I couldn’t tell, if I would be able to watch these days. I’ve gotten more sensible about this genre and avoid it pretty much and it goes into other dramas too, like Bad Guys, Heartless City, … I couldn’t keep watching or didn’t even start, sometimes I can but most time, if there is too much violence - I will just stop, don’t worry everyone has issues of his own, other can’t watch weddings, the next cheating, the other kids getting a beating, or bullying, or …
Real life matters more, if your son gets the right treatment and you both can cope somehow … I can only imagine a little how it must be because I am living close to Ramstein Airbase so sometimes you will meet Americans, and they will let you know a little.
Take your time, look at beautiful things to lift your mood, look for soul food. I am trying too. These days are eating up my energy, that’s why I am not that much around, or not as encouraging as before. Simply because the days are so long and I’ve got so little energy. Hwaiting, Mary! Today, tomorrow as long as there is a morning stay strong.
Have a beautiful day.

3 Likes

Just saw the end WAS IT LOVE? and of course Asian writers never failed to disappoint with this ridiculous wait 2 or 3 years to be with the person. What a RIDICULOUS pattern they have in this k-dramas. EVERYONE knows that won’t happen in real life so, why have it in dramas time after time?

1 Like

Tanks all of you for boosting me, I really felt bad not able to watch that drama! and heres another thing, I havent seen my son now its 3 years, and at that time we had a confrontation that he left, and thats it! really disturbing, just a small matter and boom! anyway trying just like you said, and living one day at a time, and yes I have prayed about this(him) amnd have left it with God, He hads got this now! but the memories are there, thank yopu so much for that.

now on to what I finished. I watched miss truth on prime, and it ended, oh I really hope theres a second season! and as for strangers, what’s with that, it is so dragging, and the main guy they aren’t having him do much. oh well,
my sister convinced me to watch Colbi Kai on Netflix, remember that kong fu show (kungfu kid?) guess 20 years or so ago? well, the guys have grown up. and I am presuming that its going to be funny, but that first episode, not my cup of tea if you know what I mean and see? this is another reason why I like the Kdramas and C-dramas, veryfew and between vulgarity, and well you would have to look to understand.

anyway, y’all thanks for the pep talk too.

4 Likes

afbeelding

2 Likes

thank you!!:blush::disappointed_relieved::heart_eyes:

1 Like

@frustratedwriter

I don’t know the circumstances of the 3 year separation from your son but I do know that you can try to communicate with him through family members or through Facebook (you never know)

I also had a fight with my oldest son and he had to leave my house 5 years ago, but after a year I looked for him, and clean his small apartment twice a month, brought him food, got him a TV, whatever he needed. Although he has a job he hanged out and spend his money.

I am glad although we can never live together in the same roof, we communicate and I know where he’s at. Sometimes they don’t approach us bc they are too ashamed of what they did (disrespecting us) but as mothers we must let them know we forgive them and we can talk at least.

PTSD with the right therapy can be treatable and hopefully your son is getting treatment and medicine for it. YOU AND YOUR SON ARE IN MY PRAYERS. DON"T watch any dramas that will bring you sad memories/thoughts/ Watch dramas that make you happy and relax

PS> ON YOUTUBE they have a lot of prayers for our children and protection for them. I have it day and night on my TV do the search and chose what you like better. I can’t suggest mine to you bc is in spanish priest PADRE SALVADOR HERRERA (he speaks in tongues at the beginning) and he starts praying and he’ll ask you to say your son’s name; when he ask we say the full name of our son/daughter and he continues the prayer…

1 Like

You weren’t the only one who felt that way… I read the forums and people were so mad that the writer wasted this episode :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m new here :slight_smile:
I’m watching Fated to love you
I like very much that dorama :heart_eyes:
Also I see Because this is my first life, I like too :blush:

3 Likes

@feyfayer

This comment might be considered a spoiler.

Yes, the last episode was such a waste of time for us viewers. The story lacked the human touch and nature of love between child and parent. The corrupted old man commits a crime AGAIN, and we never see what happens to him and pay for his crime (the beating? Big deal!). I saw it twice thinking I missed something or maybe I feel asleep, but I guess I’m blind bc I see nothing happening to that BUM criminal.

I feel bad for all those wonderful actors that were so good in their respective roles but got a loser for a writer. You have to be a loser to mess up something that was going so well (really the gangster episode 13/14? was a sign we were going to be smeared with more crap anyway).

The daughter grows up, gets married and the father is pushed to the side although we all know it was never his fault he wasn’t in her life. I can’t get over that drama that was going so perfect until the last 4 episodes and worse end episode (the most important part of any drama). I WILL NEVER recommend this drama again, and I’m glad I never made a request for it here at this site. The actor’s need to get a back bone and input the mistakes of the writers before is too late.

. Needed to vent…sorry…:hot_face::hot_face::hot_face::hot_face::hot_face::hot_face::hot_face::hot_face:

2 Likes

good advice, but he is still retired military, I know he is stationed at one of those bases, last time I heard he was MP. he has blocked me on Facebook, I do have his email address, but no response when I do email him as for my family members, he was closer to his aunt in VA but she hasn’t heard from him either, nor her son, so thats out, my middle sone lives in MD and as far as I know he hasn’t heard anything either, its like he is off the grid. so prayers really appreciated, and thanks.

I do know who is in control!

3 Likes

AMEN! GOD is always in control. I hope he’s safe and comes back into the family.

1 Like

now back to this. I finished watching Miss truth on prime, wow what a lousy ending BUT hopefully there will be a second season, the one guy played on taoist grandmaster, that also was good too. may just watch that one again! just started miss Holmes, its kinda good, haven’t gotten into it much yet, thats it for now

1 Like

NTFX has a lot of great dramas/movies I won’t mention them here bc is not fair to those who don’t have ntfx but lately ntfx is on a role with great dramas/movies.

DID you try to watch here at RVIKI site [MY NAME IS BUSABA?] It’s a lakorn/Thai drama; the subtitles are almost perfect and fast. The story is entertaining and the cast very good looking so a feast to the eyes BUT I wish she stays with second male lead, but I know it won’t happen. She’s so lucky both guys are a hunk, rich and adorably nice.

2 Likes

yes I am watching My name is Busaba, I think its cute.

and I do agree about NFX, they are doing a bunch on there now!

2 Likes

I get it. Lots of plot holes and unanswered questions.
I didn’t mind the gangster episode, as it answered a couple of questions and resolved issues in the relationship between DC and his father. I do think they spent too much time on it.

I don’t think actors have much say in how the story is supposed to end; they only have input in making their characters pop more on screen. The question I have is if the script was complete when the actors read it or if the writers finished the script later or if they edited the finished script mid-way. The episode just felt uninspired and that’s the biggest disappointment as a viewer.

1 Like

Finishing the last episodes of Meteor Garden. Happy the story line changed a bit, because I felt like I was watching a repeat (copy paste) of previous episodes and I was growing tired of it. Let’s see how it ends :slight_smile:

Side note: the violin scenes make me cringe so much :laughing:

1 Like

Yes in Asian film media world, I doubt actors/actress have a saying on the dramas or movies story plot development.

Here in U.S. they even sue the writers or Directors/ Producers if the actor/actress feel wronged in any way or disagree on anything, and they don’t go along with it and fix the issue.

Lee Jun Ki (Gi), and Si Jung won’t accept any role offered if the writers, directors, producers don’t agree to work with their ideas during filming. If you noticed their dramas/movies are always the best and if you see the trailers you noticed how much input they have on the scenes. They have a back bone others should follow the example.

4 Likes