What are you currently watching?

I think they just let the licenses expire without renewing them? We have to request for them to renew them ig

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be great if every drama was here to stay until the end of time? :unicorn:

But … no license lasts forever (as far as I know) and there’s several licenses needed if you want to air 1 drama in the entire world.
Now if Viki would keep on buying licenses for old dramas forever, then there might not be that much budget left for the new dramas.

3 Likes

That’s why you have to be fast LOL the struggle of a kdrama and cdrama watcher :sob:

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s hard to keep up! :running_woman:

3 Likes

could it happen that it expires before we finish watching it???

2 Likes

Yes, it can. Unfortunately.

3 Likes

It could even happen while we’re busy translating it. That’s one of the reasons why some dramas have incomplete subs in certain languages. They’re not always abandoned. Sometimes the subbers of a certain language simply didn’t have access anymore.

4 Likes

wow what a bunch of neat answers! thanks all

and a ps about outr zombie detective, good first episode!!! and ofcourse sub issues, but I got over half way into it, so I thought that was a good thing. can’t wait till next one.

1 Like

@mirjam_465

Thank you so much you are always so helpful when (I) we need you.:heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::gift_heart:

That is so true; I can’t access many of the dramas/documentaries/shows I was CM or Moderator in, and when I had the chance to continue my work in them, my access was ‘‘blocked’’ so right now I might look like I an habitual offender who abandoned my projects,:sleepy::sleepy::disappointed_relieved::cry::cry::sob::sob::sob::sob: which I didn’t.

4 Likes

I am taking a break from translating for Zombie. I think there might have been a misunderstanding so the first part of Episode 1 was not being subbed. Episode 1 is at 94% now, but not edited yet. Also, we were seriously short on translators. I think I ended up doing almost 600 segments for Zombie today.

4 Likes

I just watched #ALIVE with Yoo Ah In and Park Shin Hye AWESOME zombie movie for the 2nd. time now!!! (On NTFX) but hopefully they’ll have it on Rviki. I have never in my life screamed and jump so much. THE BEST PART??? THE ENDING!

1 Like

I enjoyed it too. My boys thought it was tame. I think they preferred Train to Busan. Yoo Ah In is one of my favorite actors and he didn’t disappoint me. If you are a fan of Yoo Ah In, I strongly recommend Veteran. He was scary good.

3 Likes

@choitrio

Thanks I will watch it if I can find it (on ntfx?) I never heard of [Veteran] before. I did see him on Chicago Typewriter, and he was awesome and so natural there too. Your boys found #ALIVE tame bc they are used to that bc the zombie games they might/must play, are the scariest thing I had to watch while my son played in his play station 4. Oh my goodness, if I didn’t leave the room I felt I would have a stroke bc the games are so real looking and the zombies jump in the screen of theTV (I’m getting the shivers already) lol

I jumped and screamed just as much for TRAIN TO BUSAN but I have seen that movie 3 times already. I truly like it although it has its tragic and very sad parts. Both movies gave a decent ending so I love them more for doing that. In [the Walking Dead] they created a character just to kill it several episodes later so I stopped watching it.

4 Likes

I’m watching a movie right now: 37 Seconds. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Just finished Flower of Evil what an awesome finale (although at 81% only subbed it was enough for me). LJK and MCW are the most perfect couple in this drama, and the child performance was beyond words. That small child did so much for this drama that I can’t even explain in words how amazing her performance was.

The rest of the cast were so in tune in their character, and did their part perfectly well. It was like they were born to play that specific role. I’m really happy about the whole outcome although the ‘‘amnesia thing’’ has grown thin on me in K dramas I dealt with it and let it take its course. Hope if u haven’t watched it please do so. You won’t regret it!

4 Likes

@mirjam_465

I watched this movie a long time ago and there were parts that made me sob so hard, and I felt so sad for days, but it does have a sublime message if we pay attention to it. Prepare the tissues…:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

I loved Chicago Typewriter too! Yoo Ah In is an absolutely amazing actor. I might have watched Veteran on Amazon. My oldest son who graduated with Film Studies degree told me about it.

2 Likes

Watching

a really sweet and cute little drama only 16 episodes with less than 45 min. Some may know I am not all for fluffy stuff, but cute and sweet is okay for me. You get it all at first even it’s a Chinese drama you get the typical Korean stuff. Starts off with like K-movie Mr. Perfect, I think was the name. Anyway noona romance with kisses and skin ship. A nice watch.

4 Likes

Well I an watching a lot of things - Hotel del luna , First romance , Love equations etc. I just finished Untamed because I heard it’s a good drama. Any other reccomendations?

1 Like

Lots of things. Just started Love And Fortune (not on here though …).

1 Like