What are you currently watching?

I would love to read the books; however, many of them are online and have subpar English translations. If I could get my hand on physical copies of the professional English translation, I would! Also, I dislike reading books online. I need to wear glasses to look at the screen, and I tend to skim and skip lines when I read online. I really wanted to read Ever Night, but I was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to understand the complexities and depth of the story through the translation.

VAGABOND the title they put on NFX but here it has another title and it’s suppose to have been here at viki sept 26 (that’s what i remember maybe I’m wrong)

Is not a sequel most of the same actors there were in the drama GU FAMILY BOOK if you saw that one you know what I mean the ending was hinting a reincarnation continuation, and that’s what it looks right now with Vagabond with Lee Seung Gi and Suzy Bae. Check it out although you are into Chinese mainly you might like this one. It’s a spy/terrorist/ conspiracy action packed drama/show. So far is upto episode 6.

I rarely watch Spanish dramas with those themes I detest those drug syndicated dramas because they are the same story over and over again. I dislike the Mexican dramas in our days that is all about Narc and women trafficking/prostitution (except la Senora de Acero I told you about bc she was tough and fights back to get her kidnapped child). Like in Chinese dramas/movies the Mexican ones too most of the good ppl. die and the bad ones stay alive (something I detest to see lol).

I always mention that here the Mexican to English dramas/movies are difficult to understand bc they are so hard for anyone to translate, and most of the words/dialogue they talk are words that exist only in their country and we (if we are not mexican of course) find so difficult to understand what is their real meaning.

Like in Mexico, Friend is called CARNAL which in Puerto Rico where I come from means ‘‘my own blood’’ but on NTX they write carnal not friend so you stay wondering and some think is the person’s name but it really means Friend/my friend.

1 Like

This is also a slang from los pachucos in LA during the zoot suit era. I read a play “Zoot Suit,” and it was riddled with pachuco slang and English. I had a hard time at first, but thankfully, my professor explained the definitions. The Spanish from the different countries is different, especially in terms of slang. For example, guagua in Cuba means the bus, while in another Spanish-speaking country it means child.

1 Like

For real? A child? I was laughing so much when I read this. Guagua is also bus in PR. I have to tell you this I hope they don’t reprimand me here (you know the drama) I was in my 20’s and met a person from Ecuador and she said You want chicha? That in my island means: You want pu**y? I got red and wanted to slap the crap out of her (I was young…and a toughy) but luckily my mom intervened (she was the one who told her to ask me that) Chicha in her country means alcohol/rum but I didn’t know that either. In Ecuador they say bicho to the mosquitoes but for us that’s the word for the men’s ‘‘private part’’

Isn’t that funny? That’s why I don’t react like I used to, I just ask the person: What’s that? bc that in my country is…lol

1 Like

I tried the first ep and decided to watch later (if the license will stay). It seems to be more cruel and harsh than I thought. No, actually I didn’t think too much about it, I just want to watch it most because of the cast.
The next I tried was Touch my Heart - I tried to watch it pretty late and it put me to sleep. I watched about 15 minutes without recalling much of the story, so I think it doesn’t seem that compelling to me - it’s something for much later.
Then I continued with 20th Century Boy and Girl and yes that’s a drama for me, I will keep watching this and after that I will take a little break as a viewer.

1 Like

all I can say is me thinks a mystery afoot. Loose ends!! yeah a second one would be great to tie up those loose ends. for watcher,that is. there for a bit I thought our favorite guy was the killer!! so glad he wasn’t.

lawless lawyer was good, haven’t seen whisper yet, loved watching stranger. oh btw, and don’t get me wrong, but I thought I seen an ad for a second dr kim.
Room 9 is another I haven’t watched
Mr temp. I think is good, haven’t finished that yet.
misty I just didn’t get into it I am starting to watch Vagabond on Netflix. just gotta get through that first episode!!
Finally watching chicago typewriter, second episode coming up! a good start.
Lutra I have been wanting to see that gogh the starry night, where ? Is it in another link?
I also am watching glitch, I think its good so far,
welcom2life is my next one to watch!
I am watching Chief Kim again, this is so funny,cute, (3rd time)

I am watching that new one the marriage guys, in the Josun era, thats kinda cute, they set up marriages and stuff.
Been wanting to watch that Novoland:Eagle flag I will catch it after I finish up some of these I am watching, the item, golden eyes, etc,etc,etc. Have a great day y’all

2 Likes

I watched it here, restricted on the other side of the ocean?
Take care :wink:

2 Likes

I’m watching KILL IT. But my favourite was ‘Somenthing in the rain’, I loved it!

1 Like

KILL IT is the genre I started to avoid, LOL I don’t know if I will be able to watch Room N° 9, I am 20 minutes into the 1st ep and already took a break, haha. I don’t have legal access to Something in the Rain, so I didn’t get to see it yet.

1 Like

Something in the rain broke my heart during the vision. My first kdrama was Mr. Sunshine and I loved it so much. Since than I can’t stop to watch kdrama!

2 Likes

Yes, I lost track how many times I was certain that <possible spoiler!!!> Han Suk Kyu was the villain in “Watcher”, then I just knew he wasn’t, then I tripped up again, back and forth. So relieved by the end.

I definitely recommend Room no. 9 and Whisper for your list to watch. I have a clean slate, recently finished up Mr. Temp (suspend your belief and common sense for the ride) and Melo is my Nature (which is one of my faves this season) Now I’m delving into Hotel del Luna, Great Show and Melting Me Softly, all pretty fun so far!

Have a great day, too @frustratedwriter

1 Like

@lutra

I loved “History of the Salaryman”. Can’t believe it’s been over seven years since I watched it!
Such a marvelous cast too. I’m ready for Jung Gyu-woon to return to the small screen, it’s been two years since he was in “You Are Too Much”.

@sheishun_548

Having a second season of “Watcher” would be marvelous. The drama also made it onto my favorites list.
For anyone watching “Watcher” Dramabeans recapped the entire series.

2 Likes

@frustratedwriter

You might enjoy watching “Money Flower”.

2 Likes

Beethoven Virus, protect the boss, finished boss kim,rookie historian(NF)

hmm, wonder if its on. the roku channel. going to have to look (Lutra)

Currently watching “When the Camellia blooms” (not on Viki).
Kang Ha Neul’s performance is great (different than what I’m used to).Gong Hyo Jin is always great.
It contains mystery (serial killer on the loose) and moments can you get angry at (villagers comments and actions). But also a lot of laughable moments. Liked it so far.

Oh, also watching Big Issue (almost finished) and heading onto the next Sageuk on my list. Don’t know which one I’ll pick yet…

5 Likes

Oh nice to hear! I already have it on my watch list but didnt start yet lol

Atm i am watching those dramas:
Love and Destiny
Loveeee the story so much rn and i am happy to see this on viki as well <3

My Girlfriend
Really funny atm but i have seen only the first ep so far

Secret Boutique
I just love revenge dramas and this is one of a kind because this is really an unfair life which the FL had so far so i am digging it

The Tale of Nokdu
I didnt thought that i would like it but i love the reserve role here

The Untamed
Really promising atm i am at EP 4 but i like the acting

Graceful Family
Great suprise if you ask me because i dont have any fave actor/actress here so i am really curious how the story will unfold

Melting Me Softly
Not really impressend, well… maybe i had to high demands? :confused:

2 Likes

Hey! Joining the conversation.

I’m currently watching Melo is My Nature and so far I really like it. I don’t know how to explain it but it’s different from all I’ve seen till now - drama and not. It’s relatable, a bit quirky, all the characters are lovable. Kind of like a Fight My Way/Friends cross-over if that makes sense.

I have to agree with @rose_shn, Melting Me Softly is enjoyable but a little bit of a let down. Probably too much anticipation but also a tiny bit too much exaggerated acting for my liking. Honestly, it’s the sentimental parts that catch me for now. There’s also some plot holes that I hope will get an explanation later on.

I also just finished Designated Survivor : 60 days (not on viki) and WOW! It’s an action/political drama which discuss pretty deep topics like “What’s the use of democracy?”, “Should we still have trust/hope regarding political entities?”. Even if that’s not your cup of tea, I can ensure you that you won’t get bored. Let’s just say that I almost had a heart attack in nearly all the episodes. And I also found my new favorite actor, Son Seok Gu. He really impressed me so now I have to watch everything he’s done. :sweat_smile:

That’s why I think I will watch Mother next. Has anyone seen it ?

Oh, and I’m catching on my to watch list with Bad Guys, the original one. But slowly because damn it’s dark!

3 Likes

Ok, that means I’m going to start watching it right away! Fight My Way is my favorite!!