What are you currently watching?

Go for it, you won’t regret it!

Mother was really good! I watched it one year ago i think and i loved the plot very much. I have also cried a lot if i think back wow ^^ How time flies…

I wanted to watch Secret Boutique as well but it’s blocked…

How can you sub it into German when it’s blocked?

@feyfayer

I LOVE WTCB but I’m so afraid of the ending. KANG HA Neul has been one of my fave young actors since --’‘To the beautiful you’’ then I saw his 3 other movies and I said to myself how unfair this asian companies are bc he deserves many awards. for Dongju I read the other actor got the awards and i was boiling mad. this was his masterpiece. Check them out.

4 Likes

Kang Ha Neul is one of my favorite actors! I saw him in Scarlet Heart Ryeo, and afterwards, I kinda fell in love. His acting in New Trial is astounding. He does an amazing job really portraying his characters and getting the viewers to empathize with them.
I started When the Camillia Blooms, but I stopped because I decided to finish watching the other dramas on my list. I really liked episode one, but I am afraid of the ending from the previews we are getting in the first episode.
I also want to watch Missing Noir M. Kim Kang Woo is another favorite actor of mine. I saw him in My Husband, Mr. Oh! and I think he did a great job.

2 Likes

Really?! I’m definitely watching it then (with tissues by my side) ^^

Via VPN it’s not a pleasure but oh well ^^’’’

@helenama73_911
I also saw him there the first time and since then i love his acting ever since :blush:

2 Likes

@helenama73_911

[Missing Mr. Noir] KHN is a second lead ( posted as a ‘‘cameo’’) but he’s #1 in my book. I guess I haven’t seen [My husband Mr. Oh] and [Scarlet Heart Ryeo] I didn’t like the way the story unfolded, so I stopped watching. Regarding [Camellia Blooms] I think someone else dies in there but they are showing her bracelet to make it look it’s her body.

So far, in the last episode I noticed that she’s not wearing the bracelet anymore, so that brings relief to my mind… for the time being. My theory is the young girl or his mom had the bracelet on, and is the person shown in the scene. His reaction could also be that he’s relieved that it wasn’t her . If I don’t think this way I’ll stop watching bc I hate tragic endings in dramas.So far is so funny I just look forward to the episodes.

2 Likes

I prefer happy endings, too. Or at least I want to know before, if a drama hasn’t a happy ending, so I can decide, if I want to watch it and prepare my heart :slight_smile:

Especially if I watch a long chinese drama, it would be so painful, if I watch 60 episodes and in the last 5 minutes one or both of the leads will die.

3 Likes

Does this happen often? I haven’t watched any Chinese dramas so far so I don’t know.
Do they let their leads die??!

1 Like

Historical Chinese dramas are famous for a bad or open ending, sorry to say that. So I often wait until the whole drama was on air and spoil myself with the ending.

4 Likes

@tweet998
OMG chinese dramas/movies not only kill the main leads. they first kill every member of their family. Not kidding you. I hate Chinese dramas because of that. Lately the most modern dramas done now, might leave the guy or the girl alive.

I stopped watching Chinese dramas bc i couldn’t deal with all those tragic endings. It’s depressing.

2 Likes

What’s with this 12 year old mentality of longing for a “happily ever after”? It’s not about sad or happy endings, it’s about good or bad endings - how the movie or drama wraps itself up. A sad ending doesn’t necessarily means a bad ending or vice versa.

Everyone has a personal taste :slight_smile: And who are you to judge, if this is a bad or a good taste? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I would like to transfer this to this topic, everyone can decide whether he/she prefers a “happy ending” or not and what is a “happy ending”.

2 Likes

If you don’t like what i said, that’s absolutely fine - But you can’t say “to each its own” or “who are you to judge” when i am also just expressing my opinion. As long as i am not oppressing your freedom of expression you say whatever you want but i do not have to respect or agree with your opinion and you don’t have to respect or agree with mine neither.

Actually, I am kind of happy they have some sad endings. I hate it when the ending is always expected. The guy always ends up with the girl, the leads always achieve their goals, all problems are solved, etc… I guess that’s why some people call it “Drama land”.
Although I don’t like unexpected tragedies because it can interfere with my real life events causing unexpected crying and depression in crucial situations, but in general I think a mix should exist; not all shows headed the same way.
Means I’m gonna check out a Chinese drama soon, any recommendations for a newcomer?

1 Like

@tweet998 Maybe Nirvana on Fire?

1 Like

Of course you don’t have to agree. But saying that our taste is “12-year-old mentality” is offensive and rude. (To 12-year olds too)

2 Likes

It’s not always like that. I watched many Chinese dramas and movies and the main leads usually did not die.

The anime I used to watch were way worse, because they had that “sacrificing” attitude in a deeper way than Chinese figures.

So compared to these anime the Chinese dramas are realistic without being too “sacrifice and death” focused.

I dislike stories that include war or tragedy and in the end everyone is happy and has a good life. That’s not how real life is so for me these happy end stories are just fake (and if you look at historic events you’ll see that the real persons also often died during fights or for other reasons like being murdered or so).

2 Likes

I NEVER said here DON’T watch Chinese dramas, did I? I only gave my opinion why I don’t like them bc they tend to kill the main characters or at least 1 of the main characters. Most Chinese dramas [I LIKE TO SEE] that catches my attention, do End up in tragedy. My last sentence was very clear.

‘‘I stopped watching Chinese dramas bc I couldn’t deal with all those tragic endings. It’s depressing.’’

@sonmachinima
It’s not always like that. I watched many Chinese dramas and movies and the main leads usually did not die

Yes, is not always like that, I discussed this with you before many times. Now at least they leave one (1) of the characters alive but alone. Especially the traditional or mystery Chinese drama that catches MY eye, always end up in tragedies (or are too violent for my liking).

@ tweet998 Means I’m gonna check out a Chinese drama soon, any recommendations for a newcomer

Some are here at viki/ NTFX, if you have it, check them out.

SHANGHAI FORTRESS (only 1 of all the wonderful characters survives) Too sad ending for ME. (Movie 2019) PREPARE the tissue box for this one.
The Naga Pearls where almost every character I laughed with and liked, dies.
Ashes of Love. (I forgot who dies here but there’s too much sorrow during the drama)
SWORD OF DESTINY This one really killed me with all those women dying.
Mojin the Lost Legend. (here at viki)
Candle in the tomb (main character don’t die but others do) Here at viki.
Lee Jun Ki (movie here at viki) Hate the ending on this one the most. Was sad for days.
RESET movie here at viki I hate that ending. It’s obvious what happened there. Hated the ending so much! OPEN/ENDED finale.
Snow Girl and Dark Crystal ( some scenes made me cry so much)
Bloody Romance (hated this one/ way too sad for me)
Ghostly Tribe (too violent)
Moribito Guardian of the spirit. (so much violence and death)
The Princess Wei Young (too much violence)
City of lo (a)st things This one is rated R/violence/nudity etc…
Detective K (I liked this one bc death was part of the story no choice there)
Sword of Master
Sword of Destiny
Trek Of Mountains
A home with a view (not too sure this is chinese) but very crude/violent. WAS suppose to be funny but it didn’t.
Shadow girl and Dark Crystal (cried a lot with this one)
Spring (main characters go through so much/ mom dies I loved her character)
Cuo Xi Yan ( saw it a long time ago was sad in many parts)
Legend of the white Snake.
Sanctuary. All characters I loved in the drama and wanted them to survive dies (no longer here at viki). I cried for a week bc of the sad ending.
Martial Arts of Shaolin
JET LI contract killer (if you are squeamish with blood you are warned)
Reign of Assassins
The great hypnotist (sad story plot)
Chronicle of love

These are some of the few I can remember right now that I didn’t like how sad they made me feel while watching the drama/movie. As you can see I DO, and have watched Chinese dramas/movies. What I do now like @somejuwels it’s that I search to see if it has tragic ending, and I won’t watch it. But I don’t go around saying/writing don’t watch this at all.

@benny_lewis
i do not have to respect or agree with your opinion and you don’t have to respect or agree with mine neither.

YOU HAVE TO respect the way others feel about things bc that’s when you cross the line with MY freedom of expressing the way I feel about something. You could have stated your OWN opinion/feeling without that so accusatory line of ‘‘having a 12 yr. old mentality.’’

THANK YOU so much @irmar this was well said.

@irmar
Of course you don’t have to agree. But saying that our taste is “12-year-old mentality” is offensive and rude. (To 12-year olds too)

1 Like