What Are You Reading Right Now?

I just read a really sweet K-Drama book. I haven’t been able to find many so I was excited to read this one and wanted to share.
I really liked it and want the author to hurry up with the next! It says she’s doing a series.I think the main character is modeled after Lee Soo-hyuk, Lol. Highly Recommended!
[

1 Like

If your really interested in K-Pop reads you should check out the site Wattpad.

1 Like

Thanks Maruchi, I will!

For Indonesian who love to read!

this is my undone work about segmenting…
Segmenting; The Art Of
but please kindly note, i write it not because i’m good, i just want to share my thoutgh about it :mask:

Do you have any book recommendations? I’ve started to read more and would like some suggestions. I’m not demanding, so I’ll look into any book you may have in mind.

The book cannot:
a.) be about a teenage romance
b.) or classic (I’m reading some in class).

The book can:
a.) be any genre but thought-provoking
b.) and have necessary elements in a novel (brevity, plot, and so on).

1 Like

Thanks, Brandon! Will check them out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you found anything worthwhile yet? I’m looking for a book that suits your criteria as well :smiley: Most young adult books I’ve come across these days are written in a really immature voice. (I guess that’s how they’ve always been, but I wasn’t bothered by it when I was younger). It gets even worse when the author constantly swears in an attempt to relate to their teenage/young adult readers.

sigh It seems like I’m getting old

Currently, I’m reading a book called “Une Boutielle dans la Mer de Gaza” (“A Bottle in the Gaza Sea”), which covers a series of emails between a young girl from Tel Aviv and a slightly older boy from Gaza. I’m really enjoying how it portrays their perspectives and highlights how government and international relations don’t necessarily reflect the views of citizens.

I’m about halfway through the novel, but I must point out that there have been a couple of offensive/questionable statements made regarding Muslims and Arabs in general, but aside from that, I think the author does a decent job of dealing with a sensitive issue.

1 Like

Thank you, @youraverageangel. I’ll definitely look into your suggestion! :slight_smile:

No, I haven’t been able to find the right Y.A. novel for my palate. I assume the immaturity comes from teens and their rebellions, but I’m also a teen and get irritated by their attitudes. :sweat_smile:

@irmar, I’m sure you have some novels you’d recommend. Could you help us out here? Thanks!

Yes, many, but people vary so much in their tastes that it’s very difficult to give random advice like this, not knowing anything about the person asking. I would recommend different things to different people.

Ravi, you can’t spam here. For this time I am not reporting you, but next time I will. You’ve been warned.

1 Like

A thousand splendid suns and other books by Khaled Hosseini i highly recommend.