What is your most favourite movie of all time?

Hey, I just wanted to know what is your most favourite movie of all time?

My most favourite movie of all time is the German movie Honig im Kopf

Story: Amandus is an old man with alzheimer. His wife died and he begun to make weird things cause of his alzheimer like for example he put all his books in the fridge or just shoots with a gun in his house. So this made his son feel a bit worried and so hetells his family he wants to take him home to take care of him. His fwife dosn’t really likes too but she can’t doo anything about it and so Amandus is going to life at their house. Later the trouble begins cause Amandus can’t control his alzheimer and so he burns shoes in the oven, peed into the fridge or forgot the rules of games and he made the wife of his son really angry about such things. The most worried person in this point was the oldest daughter of the family who is 12 years old. She often heard her grandfather talking to a photo of her dead grandmother and she foound out that he really misses her a lot and than she talked a lot about her with him and so she found out their most favourite place in the world was Venice in Italy.

The girl, her name was Matilda asked than her grandfather how it feels to forget everything and he said “It feels like honey in your head” and so she made up a plan to let him see Venice again before it is toooo late. Her plan went out a bit wrong cause soon as they secretly ruan away her parents tried to search for them and than they even made up thatradio and TV eoould know that both are missing and so they got famouse. Than as they went to Italy they got help from someone who heard on the radio about both and found the idea really good how the girl wanted to show her grandfather Venice again but at the end in Venice the grandfather forgot whhere he was and thst he was in Venice with his granddaugter and than the parents from Matilda arived in Venice and at the End the old man died… the best movie I ever watched.

Here is a trailer, so you can see what I mean…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKepZD8oZgU

1 Like

Wann ich die trailer anschaue denke ich schon dass das eine sehr schönen Film ist und der ganzer Film ist auf Youtube zu sehen, also wurde ich mir ihn mal anschauen. Danke für die Empfehlung :slight_smile:

About my favourite movie of all time, I actually don’t know. There are several movies that I really like and the ranking can change depending on time. So here I write some movies I think are really good.

La vita è bella (Life is beautiful)
Il y a longtemps que je t’aime (I’ve loved you so long)
Les choristes (The chorus)
Maundy thursday
Sori: Voice from the heart
Faith like potatoes
Så som i himmelen (As it is in heaven)
Shawshank Redemption
As one
Late autumn
Nanban (movie 3 idiots Tamil version)
La grande vadrouille (the great stroll)
Somewhere only we know

Have you seen any of these movies?

@emmelie96 The first movie in your list gets called “Das Leben ist schön” in German and I was forced to watch it in school twice (grad 8 and grade 11) and it starts out so beautiful and funny, but than it ends up becoming so so so sad…

In School we had history as a subject and the whole 8th grade we watched WW2 movies (I watched like 8 movies if I’m not wrong) and this movie makes me so sad…

We watched in school a movie where I forgot the name of, that was filmed in Austria. It was a movie about a boy around some weeks after WW2 had endet. The boy wanted to go back to Germany to find his family, especially his mother. The than saw a guy who had only 1 leg, cause the other leg was destroyed in WW2. Both had a great time in Austria and wanted to go back to Germany. The guy didn’t liked the boy at first, but as they was in train and the train only drove in a scircle and not where it should drive they went freezing in the cold train and some people died after some days but the man and the boy went to bekome friends and the man wanted the boy as his family so he went sad as he found his mother at the end in the movie and so the man had no family again…^^

Than we watched a movie called “Der Junge im gestreiften Pyjama” that made me sooooo sad.

The story: A family bought a huge expensive house like 1KM from a KZ away and the mother was “and you sure we can’t see the KZ from our house? Are this huge walls safe for us?” she was worried cause of her son. than the sun had a room where he had no window to look outside the side where the KZ was 1 KM away and so they thought this house was safe, but the boy found a small hole in the wall and looked outside and saw the KZ. he run away to it cause he had no idea what it was and than he saw a booy behind the fence and booth boys became friends but later the boy behind the fence said “I lost my dad… can you help me to find it?” they both made a tunnel, but instead that the boy from behind the fence came out it went other: The boy from outside came inside the KZ and both searched for the boys father but the sad thing is that both got than locked into a room and the toxic they than used in the air killed the boy. The parents searched for the boy and than scared and crying run to the KZ but the only thing they found was his clothing… ;(

Oh and than I was forced to watch “Schindlers list” 2 times. first the old version and than the new version … I really hate this move cause it shows the trueth about the past and has so much violence and brutality of how humans was manipulated in the past and I couldn’t really watch both movies cause I can’t like such kinds of videos…

1 Like

For me, Interstellar

Enemy mine
from 1985
I think it’s an incredibly great film
And when someone like me is built close to the water…
Needs paperbacks…
How the two find together, It’s funny sometimes
It’s a great story
And in my opinion, very educational :slight_smile: :pensive:

I forgot
The colour purple [ die Farbe lila] I do not know now whether it is also the title in English
with Woophi Goldberg 1985

The Crow with Brandon Lee

1 Like

THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE MOST AWESOME MOVIE HERE AT RAKUTEN/VIKI IN A LONG TIME. FROM THE SPECIAL EFFECTS TO ITS POWERFUL MESSAGE TO VIEWERS, AND THE FACT THAT IT HAD TWO YOUNG MAIN ACTORS THAT SHINED IN THEIR RESPECTIVE ROLES. THE OLDER ACTOR HAS ALWAYS BEING MY FAVORITE ACTOR BC HE’S GOOD IN ANY ROLE HE PLAYS, AND HE DESERVES AN AWARD ALSO PARK SEO JOON , WOO DO HWAN AND AHN SUNG KI. PLEASE CHECK IT OUT AT LEAST!

1 Like

Wait, Enemy Mine with Harrison Ford? Such an underrated film!! I don’t think that film could ever be remade these days because I’m not sure how audiences would take an alien male having a baby and making a human dude take care of it after he dies haha. But I love how the two guys learn each other’s language.

1 Like

That’s tough. For me, I think I’d say Chappie. Besides the great story and characters, and the incredible Hans Zimmer score, I love the premise of an android with the mind of a child being thrust into the modern world and is impressed upon people with various lifestyles, some illegal. As a preschool teacher who has studied the psychological development of children for years, I loved seeing the idea of “hurrying” (exposing children to things and situations they can’t cope with well because of their developmental stage) displayed so clearly in a creative way, as well as an incredible coming of age story. I do love a lot of movies, but this one stood out to me when it first came out.

1 Like

@barbaro
This is so a great story and this to the time…
Everything was right there… This film deserved an Oscar :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: oh, it is Dennis Quaid not Harrison Ford :grin:

1 Like

@barbaro
I have chappie just watched on YouTube🤓 “Trailer”
Because it seemed so known to me… I can not remember, But what I saw, It is definitely worth watching the film :blush::blush: thank you for this film :ok_hand:

1 Like

I like so many but probably one of my favorites is a 1980 oldie, ‘Somewhere in Time’. It’s about a guy who sees a woman’s photograph and recognizes her. However, that picture was taken in 1912. So he has to find a way to go back in time to find her. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEgTcn8Y9uY

1 Like

Oh with Superman :grin: That was a joke​:grinning:

Somewhere in Time, I think, he is very interesting and come with at the list from me :blush:
It’s nice to see, that old movies to have left a lasting impression. :slight_smile:
Thank you @porkypine90_261

1 Like

That’s right! He was superman, wasn’t he… :smiley: In that movie he was just a lovesick guy. :smile: He wasn’t super-heroing around… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh, sorry, I forgot the actor! Glad to see someone elese who appreciates that film!

1 Like

I was fully on your side with Harrison Ford :joy:
Was surprised that it was Dennis Quaid :laughing:
But we both agree on that, This film is absolutely awesome and well worth watching :star_struck:
:blush:

I don’t know if Vikians watch Bollywood as well or not but if somebody wants to watch a Bollywood movie, I’d recommend watching either 3 Idiots, PK or Kal Ho Na Ho ( Tomorrow may not come; this is my translation I am not aware of the English title)