When did u became a kdrama fan

School 2025 was my first drama with Nam Joo Huyk and I really didn’t like him. I thought he had no charisma. I started liking him in Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo :joy::joy:

1 Like

Have you seen start-up ?

Yes and I loved it ! And you ?

think I started watching first DF about 2014then transferred here after that one did a belly up. I started watching DF I had an accident and had a cast on my knee, so wasn’t able to get around much. I think my first one was Healer , then Heal me Kill me, then the rest came along.

I did and I liked it a lot especially Nam Joo Huyk. He is really touching. I also really liked Kang Han Na. At the moment I am watching her in My Roommate Is a Gumiho, I’m waiting for episode 14.

Yah and I loved Suzy too. I know a lot of people don’t like her but I think she is a good actress.
My roomate is a gumiho is good ? I hesitated to watch it.

Healer is one of my favorite drama ever ! But actually I didn’t like Kill me Heal me because of the main actress…

I am a fan of Suzy!

Same here! Loved everything about it.

Finally a fan of Suzy !! :joy:

1 Like

I like Suzy but start-up is not his best role.
I like My roomate is a gumiho. I was a little afraid that it would be flat before watching it but Jang Ki Yong acts really well.

Really, you don’t like her in Start Up ? She totally touched me.
I will watch it then ! ^^

1 Like

I liked her character in Start Up, she was so determined, but I have to admit it was one of the few times I actually would have preferred if she didn’t end up with either guy. Don’t know why.

I liked to see women be CEO and when Nam Joo Huyk said he failed in being CEO. Suzy acts well but her character was not the most interesting for me. She’s determined but she didn’t touched me a lot. The grandma did.

Suzy is one of the best young actress in K dramas and is sad that ppl don’t see her worth. I Watched her in BIG playing a spoiled brat role superb! In those singing drama (forgot titles) then I saw her in Family Gu Book? Amazing too although I hated the ending. Comes VAGABOND masterful and START UP need to say more. She’s very selective in her dramas but when she choose to be part of it she’s !00% there; professional, funny serious when she has to be and best of all makes most of her stunts unless they are too dangerous.

My journey into the kdrama rabbit hole began earlier this year (2021) when I was lured into watching Mr. Sunshine on NF. (I had always, always avoided captioned movies, etc. because I was sure I wouldn’t want to read all that dialogue). I absolutely LOVED Mr. Sunshine! Then to top that, the advertisement for Mr. Sunshine (on NF) said something to the effect of Mr. Sunshine was, “…from the people who brought you Guardian: The Great and Lonely God…”. Of course, since I loved Mr. Sunshine so much, I had to check out this Great and Lonely God thing (Goblin). That’s when I really got sucked in! I hardly ever watch any American-made programming any longer. I think the last American/UK produced series that I felt was worthwhile watching was Game of Thrones. Some of the kdrama offerings on NF were boring (MHO) so I started searching online and found Viki. It’s been heaven ever since!

4 Likes

I didn’t like Suzy in BIG but I liked her in

which is my first drama on Viki
I cried a lot with

I also liked her in Vagabond.
I agree she’s a great actress but some of her characters impress me more than others.

1 Like

@anne_21

Funny thing the 2 dramas you mentioned here, I didn’t like them too much lol, and I practically forced myself to finish watching them since I like to support this young actress that don’t get rewarded and praise, like she truly deserves. What I admire the most from her is that she does many of her stunts, and that’s something she needs to be admired for. Very, very, few Korean actress do their own stunts in dramas or movies.

In BIG her role was so funny to me bc I have several cousins that they are spoiled like that, and I see them doing something crazy like that, so it was like watching my cousin’s crazy behavior; over a good looking boy.

Same for me ! I saw her in Gu family book (one of my favorite drama) and Vagabong (one of my favorite drama too, funny how it’s both with the same main actors !). In a way, I see Vagabond as a ending of Gu family book.

1 Like

@inavikidrama_624

Exactly! to me VAGABOND was the continuation (re-incarnation) of both, and thankfully we’ll get part 2 pretty soon bc i’m dying to see what happens next in Vagabond 2. It was so unfair that they left the ending like that, and nothing has been done to continue the story bc of the pandemic.

They need to make studios in SK and digitally create dessert scenes instead of wanting to go to other countries to film movies/dramas. I believe the less ppl travel abroad for a long while now to come, the less risk we take in bringing/spreading a new disease.

I have a lot of studios in my area and when you see the movies you can’t tell is not the real thing. Invest a bit more and in the long run they’ll save millions bc it has to be astronomically expensive to travel equipment, staff and actors too. The money they save can be used in creating studios. When I went to Disneyworld they have different stages of places in Manhattan and Brooklyn and they are identical to what I saw here so it is possible to create buildings and whatever they need to create.

That is one thing I admire from the Chinese film industry; bc their sceneries, special effects, background scenes, are amazingly accurate, stunning and most of those scenes are done in a studio, enhance by digital images. Isn’t the AVATAR movie amazing? I loved what they did with this fantastic movie. It is possible for them to create studios, cut cost and continue filming w/o worry of outrageous cost in movie/dramas productions.

Shows like Youn’s Kitchen; are the exception to the rule, but I feel it shouldn’t be done for years to come. traveling now is like playing russian roulette with our life.

1 Like

i started but when i realized that the guy i like will not get the girl i stopped watching

1 Like