Why do you think women are hated this much?

Give your mum a hug for me, primo.

Both men and women have egos, both men and women can play very unfairly when it comes to the game of life, but the male ego and the male tendency to want to deny culpability when it comes to sex, pregnancy, and responsibility for a fragile life . . . that can be very hard for a woman.

It’s interesting that, in my neighborhood, there are large families of mixed ethnic backgrounds. Often the parents are not married because, if they get married, the government will immediately penalize them financially–if they are on welfare, if they have income due to a medical disability, if they are the recipient of survivor benefits from Social Security.

But both the “baby daddies” and “baby mommies” are willing to do what it takes to raise their children, get them educated, and help them live a better life.

These are not stupid people; they are not lazy people; their existence and the existence of their children poses no threat to anyone. They are hard-working, humble, cheerful, hopeful.

And they have all left their egos far behind in just trying to get through each day.

3 Likes

I can see that your comment means no harm, yet this is literally one of the reasons why women are hated this much. Because men think they are the “mothers, sisters, daughters, wives”. None of it. Women are women, they are not to be described in any of these titles but as a person, an individual. Patriarchy designs roles for women, like those you stated above, and then creates a “job” description, set exceptions, and forces women to fulfill them.

When women just want to be themselves, then things take a turn, suddenly these precious wives and mothers become “useless” and “selfish” and much more. My country is one of the very first ones in history to advocate women’s rights yet it is quite obvious that from East to the West, women have these titles forced upon them and when they fail to fit into these unrealistic ideals, they are butchered and insulted, looked down upon and hated. It’s high time we saw women as they are, as humans, ditch the idea of “damsel in distress” that needs men to protect them, and see if it takes us to better places.

5 Likes

Please forgive me. My intention was simply to establish that these are not strangers, but loved family members that we should understand and protect. Of course each person is special and unique in their own way.

2 Likes

Some good news finally:
Biden signs executive order protecting nationwide access to abortion and contraception https://t.co/Ic7SC0K4q3

5 Likes

At least they are doing a counter measurement, I just hope the court’s decision will get rectified and women’s rights will be protected just as the health care workers; interesting mention was when he said they will try to reinforce the health data protection because even health data is sold or shared when it should not. - I was shocked about the story of the 10 years old girl that was raped and had to travel to another state to abort being 6 weeks pregnant… this was painful to hear such…

5 Likes

My sister was forced to carry her dead baby for MONTHS. She went through 3 days of hell when it finally self-aborted. NO WOMAN SHOULD EVER GO THROUGH THAT!!!

7 Likes

What? She could have had serious problems from infection! And “serious problems” is an understatement, because I didn’t want to say the other thing.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that! Indeed, no woman should have to go through that. It’s barbaric. Worse than barbaric even!

I hope she’s physically well now and receiving some psychological therapy for it.

5 Likes

This is an an ancient question across the globe. The answer is not a cultural one since there is no culture immune from this malaise. It is one of humanity. I believe women and children are perceived to be valuable and must be possessed so that they can serve men as will as contribute the wealth of men.where in the world is there laws that dispute this? Even laws are built into religion to coerce everyone to accept this inhumane practice. I also believe that colorism is connected to this to cause conflict and discontent aka to avert awareness from the barbaric idea of owning women and children.

1 Like

This too . . .

2 Likes

I really don’t know if this is allowed, but I do hope it will be

1 Like

Oh, hun, I only quoted this last bit which I’ve totally been feeling for the past 2 or 3 years SO strongly. Thank you such a well written comment on this thread. Your thoughts and words are be mine 100%.

1 Like

Clearly, you haven’t read each states’ laws regarding abortion. Have you not read about medical staff (doctors, nurses, etc) that have turned away women even when they’re clearly in a life and death condition with their pregnancies, in states with little “safe guards”? They opened a can of worms with this decision, and I’m speaking as an old woman who follows Jesus.

There isn’t scripture referencing abortion, strictly, however, there are scriptures referencing a pregnancy (with child) being terminated. Jewish law itself allows for the termination of a pregnancy (a child)…

“Jewish law does not share the belief common among abortion opponents that life begins at conception, nor does it legally consider the fetus to be a full person deserving of protections equal those accorded to human beings. In Jewish law, a fetus attains the status of a full person only at birth. Sources in the Talmud indicate that prior to 40 days of gestation, the fetus has an even more limited legal status, with one Talmudic authority (Yevamot 69b) asserting that prior to 40 days the fetus is “mere water.” Elsewhere, the Talmud indicates that the ancient rabbis regarded a fetus as part of its mother throughout the pregnancy, dependent fully on her for its life — a view that echoes the position that women should be free to make decisions concerning their own bodies.”

2 Likes

Well said. My belief is the same.

3 Likes

This is one issue leading to patriarchy. “The woman came out of man’s rib.” This led some people to believe that women are inferior to men or even belong to them. People should have whatever believes as long as they don’t affect others negatively.

I think it’s scary that fundamentalists gain more power nowadays, and I hope this will change before we start believing in a flat earth once again (hey, dear creationists).

It’s quite interesting how other countries influenced Japan. It’s similar with censorship. Before, Japan was quite open toward homosexuality or even erotic stuff. Later this changed and nowadays, they are well-known for their censorship. However, from the articles, I think that the Chinese Neo-Confucianism led to women being less valued in Japan or Korea.

5 Likes

love your “soapbox”, I think there are times that abortion is needed, and times that really need to pray about it as well I think that would be first & foremost. BUT also It’s their decision for yes or no. no, I don’t believe in abortion either, but again if it saves the momma’s life? etc we can probably go on a debate for that too. and yes a learned experience, a comparison if you will, I didn’t abort, but lost mine, and took me a very long time to get over it, the negatives hit me. as for the rib? it was just a saying, she was close to his body, not under his feet. she was created to be loved not abused.

" a view that echoes the position that women should be free to make decisions concerning their own bodies.”" your second paragraph speaks volumes!

really wish America would wake up, and now the other countries as well!!

2 Likes

Wow, cannot believe that this topic is still fresh.

I as a traditional Protestant Christian, not a vague liberal and not a screaming fundy, was taught by my Christian parents out of the Judaeo-Christian Scriptures that men and women were created to be each other’s friends and allies in both sexual and non-sexual relationships, that children and old people are to be cherished, protected, and delighted in, that there is one human race in many colors with many cultures, and that government’s purpose is to spend time keeping society as peaceful and safe as possible, especially for those who are weak and helpless.

IMHO, governments across the globe these days are so scared of losing prestige and power, so scared of “losing international face,” that they cannot do anything but create scenarios in which the people they are supposed to protect end up bombed out, divided, frightened, traumatized, and unable to do anything but be angry about every perceived injustice they face.

Governments pledge trillions for war, but how much to sufficiently feed elders and babies in drought-ravaged countries?

Billions for electric cars for the masses but how much for the establishment of organic farms in economically deprived areas?

Millions for COVID vaccines but how much to teach people how to effectively lose weight, stop smoking, get enough sleep, reduce stress, and otherwise minimize disease risk factors?

It’s effing easy to throw money at problems, especially if it means voters will return politicians to office every election. It is almost impossible for politicians to “throw” love, compassion, patience, and humility at problems . . . because they have none.

2 Likes

That’s all well said. But a bit far from this topic, don’t you think? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I live in an American living in a city where illegal guns, illegal drugs, drive-by shootings, and deaths of high school students caught in the middle of deadly domestic abuse situations was a normal occurrence during COVID lockdown.

Elderly people, especially those who looked Asian, were routinely harassed, beaten, and on one occasion left for dead in the street. Children of working class couples and single moms suffered incredible food insecurity.

In my own neighborhood, prostitutes did their business in my back yard and in the back of SUVs with hip-hop music blasting so loud it could be heard four blocks away.

In my corner of the United States, abortion as a right or a privilege or whatever you want to call it overshadowed–and still overshadows–the debate about how to keep marginalized populations from starving to death and being callously and randomly killed.

Interestingly, very few of the people in my neighborhood are interested in abortion as a tool for family well-being. They are poor or working-class. They come from Africa, Asia, South America, the Middle East. They are all highly intelligent, well-read people from different religious backgrounds. Their focus is on: feed my kids, care for my elders; pay for my house; send my kids to college.

Food, clothes, education, good job. That’s what they think will make life better for everyone, but they get very little help from the government in those areas.

Abortion is the way to have a better shot at a good life according to some, but according to others, the money and time spent on promoting abortion would be better used to keep people safer in their homes and well-fed.

The question under discussion (“Why do you think women are hated this much?”) should actually be: “Why do you think people who are anti-abortion hate women so much that they would deny them the ability to get one?”

In the United States there are many so-called conservatives who are pro-abortion and many so called liberals who are not. But my view is, wherever they stand on the issue, people arguing about it are not keeping anyone from starving or making it possible for them to live in decent housing or send their kids to school.

In a hierarchy of needs, I always put food and shelter and public safety right at the top. Because women who’ve died of a drug overdose or been stabbed to death or starved to death don’t need abortions.

1 Like

I don’t see how the legal right to abortion, the freedom to choose whether to have it or not, prevents the government from protecting citizens on other basic needs/rights. I don’t see how those are mutually exclusive and one must make a choice. Making a law - or, in our case, NOT CHANGING an existing law - doesn’t cost any money or resources or even grey cell use. Just leave the ##$@ law as it was, that’s it! Simple!

7 Likes