Your Favourite Love Triangles? / Viki's Drama Rating System

@ninjas_with_onions @lutra The UK isn’t as prudish as you think. Anyone who thinks we prudish clearly hasn’t seen enough UK content . There is a show the BBC put on recently called ‘normal people’ watch that and you’ll soon discover that the UK is nowhere near as prudish as you once thought we were

As for certain content not being available in the UK I would imagine that has more to do with the U.K.'s copyright laws which are in some respects more balanced than they are in other places. Let’s just say it all comes down to what is considered a civil offence and what is considered a criminal offence in terms of copyright law. I think this leads to us being locked out of certain content because content rights holders sometimes don’t like it

1 Like

I don’t think the UK is prudish. I just asked because it is label R in the US.

I was in the past an avid watcher of British series but that is already 25 or so years in the past, but I can’t think that the British people would have changed so much. Where was your source for coming up with the thought about prudishness in GB?

Hi @lutra

My post was actually a general reply to both you and @ninjas_with_onions

In one of their earlier posts @ninjas_with_onions said the following

Assuming of the content in question has been given a rating by the British board of film classification (BBFC) , it would probably be given an 18 certificate given what people have said the UK equivalent of R woud be 15. It may not have been given an official rating, though if it is not accessible/available in the UK.

1 Like

Well I looked up the rating for Germany about the movie in the databank for movies and thought there is something equal for GB.

Well you were telling me and him, that we both thing people in GB are in general prudish, that’s what got me confused. You might need to ask him directly @ninjas_with_onions

1 Like

I’m sorry for confusing you @lutra Writing and configuring the layout of posts when using dictation software can sometimes be a bit awkward. If ever you’re confused by something I post, just ask me to clarify like you did earlier :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes, you’re probably correct on this. It was just that through the others they confirmed the film could be streamed in the US and Europe but I couldn’t in the UK but the message wording was in your ‘region’ when thy meant by country. I was inferring to the discussion on the sexual content of the film (and the BL description of the film) for the no go, as apposed to the efficiency of the BBFC!
I think you had touched on the subject of streaming as a distribution channel elsewhere, which this site would fall under and would still need passing by BBFC and not just because Viki has labelled it NC- 17 internally already?

1 Like

waoh me too. I am also underage :flushed: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes