2020 Dramas You're Most Excited For?

Hey everyone!

What dramas or movies are you guys most excited about that are coming out for 2020? Or what dramas are you guys most excited about seeing in general could be dramas already out? These can be dramas of any language! :grin:

Hannah

2 Likes

The ones I was very excited for in 2019 wasnā€™t even license or be translated or freely translated at all. So, I am not having much hope for 2020. Most of the mainstream dramas lack plot, lack character development, and most of all lack high quality camera work. The recent dramas have colors that are way too high on the your-fantasy-version than realistic tone; along with a lack of detail and realism to costume. Considering the fact that Chinese has a lot of fighting and spiritual battle actions, their CGI is way below the quality ship out by America; and their super long episodes of nonsense; plus that whole thing about where physic doesnā€™t apply to Chinese drama. This makes me miss the era of Jackie Chan, Stephen Chen, and Jet Li. [The beginning actions for Bloody Romance was quite good, but later in the seriesā€“such a disappointment.].

So far, I would say I am kinda looking forward to Faked Princess since I read it is gonna be a happy ending and on the lighter comedy side. I am so not looking forward to that side couple from Ten Miles of Peach Blossom. I would rather watch Mo Yan and his future wife, but I read that in the novel it is quite a goose chaseā€“so maybe not either.

1 Like

Most upcoming dramas seem to be of Japanese origins, so Iā€™m sure plenty of Jdorama fans will be really happy.

https://www.viki.com/explore?program=coming-soon

1 Like

Well I hope the Japanese dramas doesnā€™t catch that COMING SOON bug that is annoying so many here. Right now, I was watching a drama with full episodes but all I read is complains that the episode says COMING SOON for days now and they are waiting to be able to see it.

I am a Japanese drama lover especially not so on romantic side (they are not great in that dept) But they have these types of dramas of cats that turn into humans and fall in love with a human, and those are really wonderful. I also like the Detective one bc they are really good in crime investigation.
But the ones I really praise are the ones where the women fight for their rights and win the battle; Like the drama - Holy Battle in Couleur de Rose -the future is in our hands- (Barairo no Seisen) -PLEASE hear my plead bring it to viki again. :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

The King: Eternal Monarch. I really like it and the special effects are really nice to watch. :slight_smile: ģ“ėƼķ˜ø has matured nicely and is doing a good and believable job as a king. :slight_smile: I like the plot and the other characters, especially Woo Do-Hwan - he is hilarious as Jo Eun-Seob especially when compared to the rigid and stern kingdomā€™s Jo Yeong. Kim Go-eun is doing a good job as a kick-ass cop. Iā€™m glad her character is past the disrespectful way of speaking to the King. Yea, She thought he was just crazy but even so, It was a bit too much even though her cop character was totally jaded. The cinematography is gorgeous!