2021's QC gift!

Spoiler!
For those of you who haven’t received their gift yet and are curious of what is in it! [look away now if u don’t want it spoiled]
20220303_150217
The tote bag refers to the three biggest/most popular dramas (I think) The first two are obviously Goblin and Legend of the Blue Sea, but I’m not sure what the last one stands for?

20 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t they discussing this in another thread as well? I remember people asking what the final drama was :thinking::slight_smile:

7 Likes

True, hidden in this thread:

5 Likes

Like everyone said, the 1st two were obvious, but I was surprised they chose The Legend of the Blue Sea, which I didn’t think was that great. I would have thought maybe they could have chosen “My Love from the Star” or something like that.

I had assumed the 3rd one to be a Chinese drama that I haven’t watched. The picture just looks more Chinese to me.

10 Likes

I’m linking your post with the current QC gift thread, I hope folks will continue to comment there as well, thanks.

1 Like

I didn’t think My Love from the Star was great, though it IS a classic…
Viki has all the dramas from the top ten most popular shows worldwide (according to Viki) so they could have chosen DOTS, W or WWWSK too - which are wayyyy more popular than LOTBS and MLFTS

3 Likes

@ sarah_jungkookv

The tote bag looks cuter here than in the other pic at the other post. YOUR picture is very vibrant in colors, and the mask with ‘‘Lobbly’’ looks so cute and useful… ENJOY IT! Great way to recycle by reusing as a grocery bag for simple non heavy stuff.

What is the blue card for? image

Summary

Did you ironed your totebag? this one looks so wrinkled.

5 Likes

Since the first two are Korean shows, I think that last one is Hwayugi - Korean Odyssey
It is loosely based on Journey to the West and that story travels the 5 regions and that is why you see the Chinese style seat and backdrop on the bag.

5 Likes

I’m sorry but you guys might be wrong: MY THEORY is, that is not so much about the specific drama itself, but a message through the pictures and phrases used in the bag.

Irst. phrase (can{t see top words) bottom says

HOW?-NAME?- GAME? TO BE IMMORTAL

2ND,
VISIT THE BLUE SEA

3rd.
Journey

WIND

The person that has the canvas-tote bag can give us the whole message and what they think the real meaning this pics and phrases are really trying to convey to us.

More guessing anyone?

2 Likes

Good guess. I also thought it was Journey to the West.

4 Likes

I have the bag. The top word on the left is Quebec. HOME of the Immortal. - If you remember, Goblin had a long term property investment there – he OWNS the Chatueau in Quebec. so the first one is Goblin a.k.a Guardian: The Lonely and Great God

That mermaid and visit the blue sea is a dead giveaway that the middle show is Legend of the Blue Sea.

The right one says: “Journey to the five regions and rise with the wind.”
In one episode, Lee Seung Gi had a terrific fight with strong winds and Hwayugi is loosely based on the Chinese story called Journey to The West which was about a monk’s travels through the 5 western regions. so that is why I picked Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi for the last one.

What are your guesses?

8 Likes

@porkypine90_261

I really thought it was another hidden message, but I guess I was wrong. I thought we could win a trip to Korea or something Game/ Wind for the airplane/Blue Sea by crossing the ocean and the card was a sweepstake to fill out to win the TRIP to Korea, and see all those beautiful hanok from the Joseon era.

Gosh, did I let my imagination run wild. lmao

PS. It didn’t helped that I didn’t watch GOBLIN, and I wasn’t really expecting that the tote bag only mentions Korean dramas although we have here at RViki such variety of dramas from so many different countries. I wonder why they chose to mention Korean dramas only. As popular as they may be, is only fair to acknowledge dramas from other country like China, Japan, etc. The volunteers work so hard in the Chinese dramas, it’s only fair.

3 Likes

Yea, that card was a thank you card not a plane ticket… I WISH it were a plane ticket - along with some spending cash.! :sunglasses: But it would be no fun to go to Korea now because of the long quarantine time. By the time you got out of quarantine your vacation is up and you’d have to go home.

I have no idea who picked the shows.

4 Likes

I think the main reason I decided to volunteer was the phrase “concert tickets” in the perks section, and my mind went wild imagining a free ticket to an EXO concert LOL :laughing: :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Just received my package :grin:

4 Likes

@porkypine90_261,
I, too, think they are all Korean shows. The last show I have not watched, so now I’ll have to watch it for sure! :joy: All because of this mystery picture on the QC gift bag! :rofl::rofl: Thanks for asking about this mystery picture on the QC gift bag @natyh. :rofl: Oops! :shushing_face::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

In the synopsis it says this ´◔‿ゝ◔`)╭☞

Watch Hwayugi

Directed by Park Hong Kyun, Kim Jung Hyun, Kim Byung Soo, this drama is an epic retelling of the Chinese 16th-century story, Journey to the West. Written by the Hong sisters, this drama also marks the return of Lee Seung Gi to the screen, having finished his military service. On top of that, the Hwayugi cast is known for their synergy and dynamics - this is not a drama to be missed if you enjoy supernatural elements, comedy, and a stellar cast of heartthrobs.

@vivi_1485’s analysis was spot on about the vein of the pictures being related to a historical show, and supernaturality, as a dead give-a-way.

6 Likes

I also thought the last picture could be Hwayugi.

5 Likes

Still waiting for my gift…:roll_eyes: from Canada

2 Likes

Oh this makes sense, I have watched it a long time ago, I can’t recall it so well :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Yea, the annoying thing is, none of the key words brings it up on Viki.

2 Likes