🐉🇨🇳 2022/2023 C-DRAMAS - WISH LIST of VIKI CHANNELS WE WANT!

Hey, everybody!!

THE RISE OF PHOENIXES

Xbz5xc

INFO ACCORDING TO MDL

Native Title: [天盛长歌]
Also Known As: [Huang Quan Yi Tian Xia], [凰权·弈天下], [Tian Sheng Chang Ge], [天盛長歌]
Genres: [Historical], [Romance], [Melodrama], [Political].

Type: Drama
Episodes: 70
Aired: Aug 14, 2018 - Sep 17, 2018
Aired On: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Original Network: [Hunan TV]
Duration: 45 min.

SYNOPSIS
Feng Zhi Wei is the unfavored daughter of the Qiu Family, who has to flee due to unfortunate circumstances. Owing a favor to the 6th Prince Ning Yi, Zhi Wei cross-dresses as a man to attend the prestigious Qingming Academy and becomes the supreme scholar to the Emperor. She remains loyal and honest to the reigning Emperor during the princes’ fight for the throne while falling in love with Ning Yi who seeks to unravel mysteries from his past and seek revenge for his beloved ones. Although their love for each other is true, can they maneuver the scheming and countless hurdles thrown their way?

~~ Adapted from the novel “Huang Quan” by Tianxia Guiyuan.

Is there any chance for you all to help me out getting this one licensed?? Some time ago, I’ve watched an ad with Ni Ni and I didn’t recognized her anyway, but then… I started to watch this one on a web/site and suddenly I’ve fallen madly in love with Ni Ni and Chen Kun in this drama!!! I think you all might like it though.

REQUEST LINK: [https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034633713-Request-a-TV-Show-or-Movie] - Let’s go all!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_hands: - Thanks anyway.

8 Likes

I found it somewhere and watching 1st episode and caught myself to comment realizing it’s not Viki… ah the habit.

It looks to me this is a great show, Chen Kun is as always great in acting and the start of intrigues and strategy planning will be interesting to watch. I think Viki should have this gem although it’s 70 eps but then this would be a long-term project for some to work on or more people could participate.
I filed the request today @vikicommunity please add this to your library!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

7 Likes

Yeah, Simi!!

LOL. First, I thought this drama couldn’t make it because it’s a very long one, 70 episodes it’s too much. But then I realized @vikicommunity could allow languages like Portuguese, Spanish, German, Romain, Italian, French, Hungarian… to subtitle this! They update with English subs (We could get a whole Engslih team) and the languages communities would sub it. And of course, the segmenting team would do a whole job of combining, etc… (I must say that where I’m watching this one, the subs are so fast sometimes, I miss a thing or five by not reading it). Anyway… would be a win-win to everyone!

About the real story, I was like… :face_exhaling::scream:. Chen Kun it is a real actor! He’s very good, the first time he cried on the Hall in front of everyone, I was like… “Man marry me”!!! And what to say about Ni Ni. Representing a very strong woman who does not want to marry anyone. But suddenly, with the arrival of her lover, she gradually softens until she gives up and surrenders to his love. I love dramas like this. This is a very Political Historical drama. I really wish VIKI could bring this up.

5 Likes
7 Likes

It was on N t f lx but license expired. Perhaps Viki has a chance to secure licensing now.

4 Likes

Decided to go ahead and create a new one to replace the topic I created in 2021. Since I couldn’t figure out how to edit the title.

5 Likes

A great drama :heart_eyes: I loved it. It would be nice to have it on Viki.
70 episodes? When it’s this good, it doesn’t seem long at all.

3 Likes

That’s it friend!!!
I’m soooo addicted to it.

70 episodes… I started an episode at 1 p.m. - I just blinked and puff… 5 episodes have gone and it’s already 8 p.m. (Today this happened to me lol. And the best! I talk, laugh, get angry… while watching :clown_face:. With who? No one, it’s just me). Today I found out I’m so into Chen Kun that I could travel to China right away :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Title : Follow Your Heart (2024)
Genre : Mystery, Romance, Supernatural.
MDL link : Follow Your Heart (2024) - MyDramaList
Weibo link : Sina Visitor System
Douban: 颜心记 (豆瓣)
Synopsis: While secretly investigating a case, Jiang Xin Bai, a proud prince and the head constable who suffers from face blindness, accidentally meets the unorthodox Yan Nan Xing, a female doctor who changes her appearance every month. They were at odds when they met and in order to keep their respective secrets hidden, they experience “three marriages” and “three separations” together. The two eventually join hands to eliminate the scourge of Wuxiang. (Source: ChineseDrama.info)

Starring : Luo Yun Xi (Till the End of the Moon), Song Yi (Destined).

~ Request Form : https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034633713-Request-a-TV-Show-or-Movie

7 Likes

I also really want to see this one! Although I didn’t like maids revenge, I think the two of them are both fine actors.

2 Likes

You’ll be even more immersed as you watch on. It’s a very good production - cast, crew and all. Keep watching. Enjoy!

I hope so too. It would be a different experience watching it on Viki with all the timed comments to laugh or cry over with. :crossed_fingers: :pray:

I am so ready for this drama! Good or bad with all that AI done, I still want to watch it.

Thank you for trying :heart_eyes_cat:. It seems tagging or bumping didn’t work… :face_holding_back_tears: :cry: :sob:
Going to wait a bit more, and give them some more time. :thinking: :timer_clock:

If no change is made (another week?), how about just adding it onto your new thread @aznative? You can just edit your title to include “Wanted” like so: C-Drama Channels Created / Licensed / Wanted (2024)

Hey Ace! Glad to see you here! :clap:

6 Likes

Hu Ge is back, with this wonderful cast, and awesome PD!
Still hoping Viki will bring this to us here… :face_holding_back_tears: :pray:

:wave: :wave: :wave: :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:
Don’t give up! Request it, and any other dramas you’d like Viki to avail here.

10 Likes

We NEED this drama! It’s like an obligatory C-drama material for 2023/2024.

5 Likes

Title : Legend of the Female General (2024)
Genre : Wuxia, Romance, War.
MDL link : Legend of the Female General - MyDramaList
Weibo link : ??
Douban: 锦月如歌 (豆瓣)
Synopsis: A female general with a gentle appearance but a strong inner spirit, and a male general with a cold exterior and internal but with stronger martial prowess. The two join forces to combat deceit, assist the weak, and eliminate external threats. (Source: cpophome.com)

Starring : Zhou Ye (Word of Honor), Ryan Cheng (My Journey to You).

~ Request Form : https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034633713-Request-a-TV-Show-or-Movie

Looking foward to this one, it seems as good as A Journey to Love.

11 Likes

Interesting though!! Let’s go get it?:star_struck:

3 Likes

Hi JC :star_struck:! How are you doing :blush:? Haha I typically don’t look at these posts, but I feel like I should more because there are some really good suggestions in here!!

2 Likes

We wanted it and here it comes!

11 Likes

YAY! TQ @aznative :heart_eyes:

Here’s the latest BTS of the CP… they look so good together… Can’t wait!

Yeah, you should visit more often :wink: Come and “talk” to us/me here :blush: and share drama/other info as well, if you would.

Yes! This looks promising! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Coming soon to Viki. Releases on February 2, 2024 in Mainland China.

More licensed 2024 dramas.

7 Likes

Yes, both Dawn Chen and Dai Gao Zheng are actors with much potential. Hopefully, we will see “Forever Love (2023)” here at Viki. It deserves to have quality subs. I have also requested Dawn Chen’s drama “Always Have, Always Will.” It’s a great college/university rom com that deserves good quality subs. The current translations available aren’t that good. I’m sure some of the humor got lost, and I was missing out.
There are other good mini-dramas I hope we can get here at Viki:
“Hold On, My Lady”
“The Killer Is Also Romantic”

2 Likes