A chivalrous woman?

Is it normal to use “chivalrous” to describe a woman?

For example, a woman is brave, generous and upright and does a lot of outstanding things.

Can we say “She is chivalrous”?

Thank you~

Laura.

1 Like

Hey Laura! :slight_smile: No, you can’t. This term is used in reference to a man or his behavior/action. In particular, a man’s behavior/action toward a woman/women. Think of ‘gentlemanly’ and you’d instantly know when or how to use this term. For a woman, you could use ‘gracious’ or ‘valiant’, or any such similar terms.

3 Likes

that was a neat question, and the answer was awesome, yeah I did want to know too. Thank you!!

1 Like

Hi jadecloud88,

Thank you for your answer.

Laura

1 Like

LOL, thank you too.

Btw, I am wondering is “chivalrous” a popular word? Or is it still under regular use?

Thank you~

Laura

I think the concept is less popular, that’s why the word is used less. You don’t meet many chivalrous men nowadays. And women being more independent, they don’t really think they need them.

I think the word Virtuous woman instead of chivarious for the man,

a knight in shining armor, the romantic here. he combination of qualities expected of an ideal knight, especially courage, honor, courtesy, justice, and a readiness to help the weak.

Faith – A Virtuous Woman serves God with all of her heart, mind, and soul.
Marriage – A Virtuous Woman respects her husband

Virtuous Woman teaches her children the ways of her Father in heaven

Virtuous Woman cares for her body.

A Virtuous Woman serves her husband, her family, her friends, and her neighbors with a gentle and loving spirit. She is charitable

Virtuous Woman spends money wisely.

A Virtuous Woman works willingly with her hands.

A Virtuous Woman is a homemaker. She creates an inviting atmosphere of warmth and love for her family and guests.

A Virtuous Woman uses her time wisely.

A Virtuous Woman is a woman of worth and beauty.

https://jamesmsama.com/201

about chivalry

I seen so much info on this one, it was amazing! hey y’all just google it was an eye-opener to me as well. and you know, it really isn’t dead, yeah this is the guy thing, we as women virtuous is our word…

oh yeah the virtious stuff I put here is Proverbs 31

Thank you.

I do want to read it but unfortunately, the page can’t be found.

Laura