A new drama

well we got vampire detectives, vampire prosecutor and even a vampire doctor, now up for grabs, zombie detective! not in my area but I did request it.

one of my favorite actors plays the zombie CHOI JIN HYUK
so now we have the variety, witches, ghosts ( ghost detective)vampires, now zombies! what’s next, I am waiting for it!

4 Likes

we’re also getting a male gumiho played by LEE DONG WOOK!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I always thought they were always girls, don’t remember seeing a guy gumiho, set me straight if I am wrong, oh gu family book but that wasn’t a fox, right/ oh wow can’t wait for this one too! and another favorite actor!

anyone else? aaaahhhh I know aliens, herhehe you know me and Atlantis,sorry just had to put that in there.

1. werewolf
    2 aliens
    3 mermaid or mermen, that is onland (Not our chinese favorite) like a researcher or detective or whatever
    well thats a start

1 Like

Not in mine either. :frowning:

nope even I’ve never heard of a male gumiho before, but if Lee Dong Wook is playing it, I’M IN!

The trailer is giving me Hotel Del Luna vibes, but his EYES tho :heart_eyes:
2 Likes

whyen is this going to come on!

1 Like

Zombie Detective is confirmed to started on 9/21 and Tale of Nine Tailed is scheduled to air sometime in October. If you are in the USA, you might want to check on the availability of Zombie Detective again. I am in the USA and originally it showed not available for my region but now it is. Choi Jin Hyuk is one of my favorite actors, too. I was considering volunteering for the English subtitle team but I am a bit hesitant since I am not big on zombies.

2 Likes

yeaaaa! thank you for the info! yeah a couple of my favorite actors too

1 Like

I hope it’s werewolves.They are really exciting!

2 Likes

werewolves would be fantastic, I know we had mermaids ad mermen, but still would like to see that, we have had fox"s from other worlds, to be sure theres others, those aliens we hear so much about .

I don’t know if you are older folks like me, but there was one show called “man from mars,” I admit don’t remember much about it, so it must have been in the 50’s range. but why not aliens transformed( love from the star) I just thought of it. but not like that but a ,say, detective, writer, owner of a business, and of course powers we don’t have, think it would be neat, and you noticed I didn’t mention Atlantis, don’t get me started on that!!! Guardian was quite good too note if a vampire can become a doctor or a prosecutor why not the zombie, the fox, ,werewolf, etc etc etc. be anything!!!

2 Likes

Doesn’t ring a bell and when I try to google it, I get only results for Life On Mars
Anyways, I guess my alien memories aren’t going back much further than Alf, ET and Sport Billy. :joy:

Btw, speaking of vampires, did you ever read Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite? :books:

1 Like

no it isn’t life on Mars, hmmm I don’t think I have imagined it. I will look on my end and see if I can find something. mirjam, no I havent, but will look for that too
a comic book,??? I thought a series!
found it but didn’t think it was a super hero of sorts
theres mopre about it, but thought this was enough! so I guess I am wrong about a series!!

Silver Age (1950s–1960s)[edit]

The Martian Manhunter (J’onn J’onzz) debuted in the back-up story “The Strange Experiment of Dr. Erdel” in Detective Comics #225 (Nov. 1955), written by Joseph Samachson and illustrated by Joe Certa.[Note 1] The character is a green-skinned extraterrestrial humanoid from Mars, who is pulled to Earth by an experimental teleportation beam constructed by Dr. Saul Erdel. The Martian tells Erdel where he is from, and is told that to send him back will require the computer brain’s thinking plot to be changed. The shock of the encounter kills Dr. Erdel and leaves J’onzz with no way of returning home. The character decides to fight crime while waiting for Martian technology to advance to a stage that will enable his rescue.[2] To that end, he adopts the identity of John Jones, a detective in the fictional Middletown, USA.[3]

During this period, the character and his backstory differ in some minor and some significant ways from modern treatments. Firstly, as with his counterpart, the Silver Age Superman, J’onzz’s power range is poorly defined, and his powers expand over time as the plot demands. The addition of precognitive abilities ( Detective Comics #226) is quickly followed by telepathy and flight,[4][5] “atomic vision”, super-hearing,[6] and many other powers. In addition, his customary weakness to fire is only manifested when he is in his native Martian form.

A more significant difference is that in this version of him, there is no suggestion that Mars is a dead planet or that the character is the last of his kind. Many of the tales of the time feature either Martian technology or the appearance of other Martian characters. Detective Comics #236 (October 1956), for example, features the character making contact with the planet Mars and his parents.

J’onzz eventually reveals his existence to the world, after which he operates openly as a superhero and becomes a charter member of the Justice League. During the character’s initial few years as a member of the Justice League, he is often used as a substitute for Superman in stories (just as Green Arrow was for Batman) as DC Comics were worried about using their flagship characters too often in Justice League stories, fearing overexposure.[7] The Martian and the archer inaugurated the team-up format of The Brave and the Bold .[8] J’onzz appears there one other time, working with the Flash.[9] In some stories he is shown travelling through space at near-light speed[10] or to other planets.[11]

The detective John Jones is ostensibly killed in action by the Idol Head of Diabolu, an artifact which generates supernatural monsters. J’onzz abandons the civilian identity as he decides fighting this new menace will take a great deal of his time.[12] At this point his feature moves to House of Mystery , where J’onzz spends the next few years in battle against the Idol Head.[13] Shortly after its defeat, he takes the persona of Marco Xavier in order to infiltrate the international crime cartel known as VULTURE, which he defeats in the final installment of his original series.[14]

As Superman was allowed by DC to become a fully active member of the Justice League, J’onzz’s appearances there dwindled. He last participated in a mission in his original tenure in #61 (March 1968), shortly before his solo series was discontinued ( House of Mystery #173, May–June 1968). In #71, his people finally came to Earth for him and he left with them to found and become leader of New Mars.[15] Over the next 15 years, J’onzz appeared sporadically in various DC titles.

1 Like

so it was a tv series!

J’onzz is played by David Ogden Stiers in the 1997 Justice League of America live-action television pilot.[77] He has a difficulty with shapeshifting, being only able to impersonate others for a short period of time, and no mention is made of any other powers. He was also played by Miguel Ferrer when he temporarily changes into Weatherman (Ferrer’s character in the film). Ferrer would later go on to voice J’onzz in Justice League: The New Frontier .

I don’t think I know it.

And here’s the book I was talking about:

2 Likes

I joined the English subtitle team for Zombie Detective. I hope it’s good.

2 Likes

lost souls sounds good, gotta find it, wonder ifd it can go on kindle, will find out!!

1 Like

Kindle! You are more modern than me, haha. I still read paper books! :wink:

There is a Kindle version! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

paper books all the way! :joy: There’s nothing I love more than the old-book smell :joy::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

going to look for it today!

2 Likes

I am now in the English subtitle team for The Mermaid Prince, a new web drama.

1 Like