A new streaming service for Chinese dramas to be launched in 2019

Have you seen this article about a new streaming service, which should be launched in 2019? Aiming for the US Market, with free content and the option to subscribe.

https://cdramabase.com/2018/10/31/news-corner-new-streaming-service-bambu-focusing-on-chinese-content-set-to-launch-in-early-2019/

2 Likes

This is getting so ridiculous pretty soon if anyone wants to watch Chinese, Korean dramas eic…we’ll have to subscribe to different sites and pay the separate prices. Poor the one’s that have not much options and will have to fork more money. I am so blessed I can see movies, dramas from so many different countries with just one price.

I just saw a great movie from philippine called: The Third Eye.

The actors were great and the story was awesomely scary.

1 Like

I guess the one difference is DramaFever shut down so we did lose a significant number of Chinese dramas and money for Chinese dramas.

Also Chinese dramas weren’t nearly as exclusive. Both Dramafever & Viki had Nirvana in Fire for example.

We will have to see how restrictive this new service is and if it’s preventing Viki from getting licenses.

1 Like

Wow :astonished: I didn’t even know that DF shut down!!! That was certainly a curveball.

You make a good point. I think that has been trend across the entertainment world even outside of Asian dramas. Disney is pulling out of Netflix too. I think they’ve been meaning to start their own streaming service. So if you want Marvel or Kids shows, you’ve gotta get their service. You want Warner Bro movies and TV? You’ve gotta get their streaming service starting next year.

It’s like we’re receding into the old trend of paying for cable channels. The costs just keep going up. :sweat:

1 Like

Netflix just removed several of my favorite shows with no explanation whatsoever. So what you are saying is happenning right now to me too. I have Prime Fire stick and Slingshot (which mainly has designing/decorating houses/flip houses/divine design etc…a few oldies but good movies.) which I love so much!

So, I still have plenty of different options to watch. I also love to watch dramas/movies from every country in the world (as long as I like the story) I just don’t like K-dramas that lately gives in my opinion limited options for vierwers to watch bc of the ‘‘not in your region’’ crap.

I’m watching BODYGUARD from UK is a fantastic show with 6 episodes so far. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with so many things available for me to watch lol

Most sites now have a few good dramas for a price that is not worth paying for. The streaming sites are getting out of hand and in the long run they will fail too. If Sears, Toy’s R Us, K-mart are closing all their stores you can imagine these sites have very little chance to stay up and running bc no one will sacrifice themselves just to watch a drama or movie. They better stop with their greediness and stop this nonsense that will get them nowhere. They need to be fair and honest if not, they will not prosper. I can guarantee you that.

I hit the like for the shared info, but why do I feel that it’s the beginning of the end for Viki…?..

1 Like