A Question

I remember that one could suggest subtitles for someone else before on Viki and rate them, but I can’t seem to find that feature anymore. Is it no longer there or what??
I’d appreciate it if someone could explain :slight_smile:
Thank you :grinning:

I do think they removed it as they removed the counter for suggestions on our profiles :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We suggested it be removed because you need more than just dialogue to translate accurately.

1 Like

Viki announced this I think via email that they will remove that feature and the button disappeared some months ago but only recently they took the counts from our profiles as well.
It was after an extended discussion with fans here on “discussions” that it was decided to remove it.

1 Like

You are talking about the ONE LINER I suggested many times this feature to be taken out since it never served its purpose to add/suggest a better/correct subtitle. Some, many times when they added their own subtitles wrote it as a female, when the sub was about a male. Others, would rate a subtitle as wrong and wrote in, a worst one. The ONE LINER wasn’t working but yet, people were getting subtitle counts they didn’t deserve. I am so glad they removed the sub counts for everyone (me included).

If they implement this feature again it should NEVER count as a subtitle count unless at least 100 people rate it as correct and of course, we must make sure is not the same person rating themselves 100 times. I realized many could rate their own sub when they recognize as theirs as good, even if it was a terrible translation.

2 Likes

Oh I see. Thanks for explaining!

1 Like

Yea, that makes sense actually. Thank you for explaining! :smile:

1 Like

Your welcome.:relaxed: