Actors & actresses messages to me

do these young (sorry I am not young) people really message people just to get to know their fans? I got another one today, and I hate it if I am being scammed. how can we really find out if they are legit or not. with me being an elderly lady, just want to be careful, sure I’d love to hear from them, thereas a BIG BUT!!!

No, they don’t write to fans. This is one of my favourite actors page he has a symbol that it’s his account on ■■■■■ and that it has been confirmed. It’s highly unlikely that he would contact me but it’s nice to read about his new projects. I’m not young either but I’m a bit sceptical to things nowadays.

4 Likes

thank you so much for your response!

1 Like

In the best case scenario, they have a secretary - or a whole public relations team - that replies to fans’ letters and messages.
In the worst, that’s a scammer.

1 Like

It’s 99% a type of romance scam. These scammers go through your profile, check who do you like, make a fake profile and then start to write to you. They make you believe that you are their only one, and soon start to ask money. These scammers every year get out dollar millions from their victim. On yt, there are some channel where they show similar cases like this. Unfortunately they have new episodes every weak, that how many victims are… and these are just in the US.
Their usual scenario:

• catfishing you, try to convince they are the real one, but they have an account with no friends, because they just made it (and tried to run away from their evil management)
  • make you fall in love with them (they are professionals in this)
  • suddenly they wont have money, and they will need your help (either for food or medical bill, or internet). They ask you to either send gift cards, or crypto, or
  • they want to share their money/gold with you, and you just have to pay the delivery/tax fee, or
  • they want to meet you, but they dont have money to the airplane

Just keep it in mind! Young actors, singers most likely wont look for love/friends online. They will end up with someone from their own industry with someone similar to their age.
These youngsters probably have more money than most of us. Hardly they ever going to ask from a fan to pay their bill. Also, if they would do this, their future carrier would be over.

Just to emphasize… you are not alone! These people are really ruthless… Just make sure, you dont fall as a victim!

Also, with AI technology… unfortunately these scammers even able to create “real looking like” video calls. Just delete these people and block them. Once, you get onto their list (as someone who answers) the same scammers will try again and again with different profiles.

4 Likes

I agree that there is basically ZERO chance a famous person would randomly contact fans through a social media account.

Sometimes fans are lucky enough to have them like or respond to comments now and then, but I would ALWAYS be suspicious of someone famous trying to strike up an actual conversation.

2 Likes

What makes it worse is that some of these ‘scammers’ are people who were scammed themselves, are being held hostage (they take their travel documents away) and put them to work in these scam-jobs (with threats, torture, etc.). There are videos on YT exposing these as well and the ones who escaped say that they would spend hours online on social media platforms pretending to be someone else in order to scam other people out of money or personal information.

Like has been said before, the chance that it’s the actor / famous person is extremely low.
Don’t give them any of your personal information.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s awful. I had no idea that kind of thing happened, but sadly it doesn’t completely shock me. The levels that humans are capable of going is bottomless.

2 Likes

thats what I thought! thanks! y’all you have helped me a bunch, I so appreciate this. yes the picture was him, and he did say that it was his"private" email, and for me not to let or tell anyone that we were communicating, that right there did raise a red flag to me. again thanks, I just have to watch these and be leary of them no matter how innocent they are. But oh gosh just to hear from one of these young kids! again thanks for helping this senior lady, maybe should have known anyway.

2 Likes