Adage or sayings

@choitrio
With us in Germany some Kim are called with first names :blush:
It used to be like that, That these then needed a 2 first names…Since otherwise one did not know…
Whether this person is male or female… For example:
Kim Sophie or Kim Torben :grin:
I do not know if it is still like this today

3 Likes

Ha Ha, best for you not to stand at the bottom of Namsan with those three throwing rocks to test how true that saying is, and with a 50% chance those are good odds that one of them will get you!

3 Likes

It’s a first name here as well. And I think the majority of them are women, but there are indeed also some men with that name.
I suppose if German or Dutch Kim would marry Korean Mr Kim, her name would change to Kim Kim. :wink:

5 Likes

Ooohaaa soooo many Kims :joy:
We are overrun :grimacing::rofl:

3 Likes

Hahaha :rofl: Yes, world dominion by the Kims!

3 Likes

almost like Smith & Jones in the usa!

3 Likes

Or De Vries in The Netherlands! :joy:

3 Likes

I have remembered a bit with the sayings in my country (Ecuador)

‘’ Chulla vida ‘’ :heart:

2 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

I’ve got to discover some funny proverbs on Discord chat:

(“The Bahay kubo, or nipa hut, is a type of stilt house indigenous to the cultures of the Philippines. It is also known as payag or kamalig in other languages of the Philippines. Its architectural principles gave way to many of Filipino traditional houses and buildings that rose after the pre-colonial era.” Wikipedia)

(The stalk is the main stem like a peduncle.)

In French,

In Russian:

I think it was in Touch Your Heart, Lee Dong Wook is reflecting on why people even watch Dramas/Romances and he says, and I am probably paraphrasing, Even a distant fire can warm a cold heart. That really resonated with me.

My colleague once told me

Life is too short for “sometime”…

How right she is

1 Like

There are many versions of “Footprints”.

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes