Age-gap in "Love Like the Galaxy"

Hello!!
I’ve been watching “Love Like the Galaxy” and I’m currently on chapter 7, but I was wondering how old are all the characters and if there’s any big age-gap between them.
I don’t know if i missed any important information because I’m watching it with subtitles in another language to practice, but I still can’t find how old are they anywhere, except for Yuan Shen.
Thanks for your help!!!

Edit - I think I didn’t express myself correctly, I’m asking about how old are Cheng Shao Shang and Ling Bu Yi, not the actors haha

3 Likes

If you are speaking of the leads, Leo Wu and Zhao Lu Si, she is 13 months older if I figured it correctly. You can confirm by using the link below. Hope this helps.
Leo Wu 12/26/1999
Zhao Lu Si 11/9/1998

3 Likes

Haha thank you, but I was talking about the leads, but in the show, about how old are Cheng Shao Shang and Ling Bu Yi
Do you know by any chance?

1 Like

I don’t know the age difference of the characters.

You might add a comment on MDL asking if any viewers know.

Or ask viewers on the Viki channel.

3 Likes

Chen Shao Shang - it’s mentioned it was 10 years since her parents left her as a child (baby? toddler??), but dad also says that he’s been away 15 years (something may have been lost in translation)? So she’s either around 12 or 17ish at the start of the drama.

I haven’t figured out Ling Bu Yi’s age yet.

5 Likes

Yess, that’s why I was confused and scared haha, I didn’t want her to be 10 or something with someone older.
I hope it clears up soon
Thank you for answering!!

2 Likes

Hoenstly ehen it comes to xianxia or wuxia age can’t be a factor at all :joy: thy really just do whatever

1 Like

Hi! I haven’t watched the drama (except some trailers and clips) but have read the novel. From what I’ve read in C-netz, their ages are:

First encounter:
LBY 21 years old
CSS 14 years old

After their separation, they meet again 5 years later (or more than 5?) :
LBY 26 years old (or more)
CSS 19 years old (or more)

After I’ve watched the drama, which I will once Part 1 and 2 are fully aired, I’ll know for sure and will update again. It seems that Part 2 will only be aired later this year :frowning: and that’s why I’d rather wait (albeit with agony too lol).

Hope this helps. :sunny:

7 Likes

In the drama there is a scene where Emperor asks CSS how old she is. She replies that she is “some months past marriageable age.” There is a translator note stating that 15 years was considered “marriageable age” in the ancient times, so I think CSS is supposed to be around 15 1/2 or 16 in the drama. As for LBY, nothing is said other than he is a young general. The Emperor does say in an episode that he “adopted” him as his son for over 10 years ago, and the incident of the lone city was around 15 years ago, so I think LBY supposed to be around 20 years old in the drama. However, nothing explicitly stated in the drama.

5 Likes

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
You save me, I wanted to search for more information in the novel, but there’s no translation :frowning: . I’m glad someone who read it answer!!
I was really scared that she were 10 or something haha

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!! I’m still at chapter 7 so I didn’t know and I didn’t wanted to find out she was 10 or something in the next chapters
Thanks again <3

1 Like

You’re welcome. No worries. For sure this drama does not have a big age gap for the leads.

2 Likes

Just saw a post from one of the translators. LBY is 21 years old in this drama, so same age as in the novel. Looks like CSS is a little bit older in the drama than the novel. I guess it’s up to the audience to decide how many “months past marriageable age” is CSS. Probably anywhere from 15 1/2 to 17 years, depending on your own take. I’ve seen a lot of discussion about how her parents abandoned CSS when she was a baby, but the term baby can describe a child from birth to age 4 years. So it could be that CSS was even as old as 2 years when her parents left for battle, although from dialogues probably more likely that she was younger.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! You’ve given a lot of useful information! Now I can watch it again without guilt haha

1 Like

when they get married or before i think CSS- 15
and LBY- is about 21
because when she is learning etiquettes the lady was like "Now that you are learning at the age of fifteen , it will naturally be more difficult:- to learn etiquettes. but idk fully but yah their age gap is about 5-6 years. :slight_smile:

CCS is a girl who travels through time and space in the original book, but this part is omitted in LLTG. She is 14 years old in LLTG

In episode 4 it is shown that they had to leave 2 hours after she gave birth. And you also see that when they leave the twins are still newborn. So shy is probebly around 15 years old.

1 Like