Always too late

so i really dont know if its only me or it happens to you guys…
whenever i request a channel Its already taken (literally all) and whenever i want to be a moderator thats already taken so how do you guys know about the upcoming shows/ dramas beforehand? i always happen to be late

also, they said QCs get newsletter to know about all that but i never got any since i became a qc .

I didn’t really have a “newsletter” to know new shows too.
I think that the best option is to “follow” CM who arre “active” on viki. They have a bunch of new Channel every year and if you go on their profils, you’ll see their future project and have more chance to find a drama where “mod” in your language aren’t choose yet.
After, it’s all about “contact”. Some CM contact mods who work with them and did a good job to know if ever they want be again mod on their new project.
You can find futures dramas in writing drama name in search bar too. In asianwiki, you have a lot of names of futures dramas.

2 Likes

I never thought about it until you mentioned it, but I don’t think I’ve been getting a QC newsletter either. I do get occasional messages about projects or features though, so I sort of wonder if they’re still sending out an actual newsletter.

kawaiie’s got a good point. You’ll notice that there are certain members who consistently manage channels. If you check out their roles page (http://www.viki.com/users/USERNAME/roles) every so often, you’ll see the new channels they’ve submitted.

People often submit channels months (more than a year sometimes) before they’re set to broadcast - before a concrete synopsis, cast, or even broadcast date is set. You basically have to be the first person to find out about the new show XD Dramawiki also has lists for upcoming series, by country. If you follow any news sites or blogs about dramas, you’ll probably also hear about shows sooner.

Not all projects are confirmed when you sign up for them, but just be careful not to sign up for more projects than you can handle.

Go to this link every so often and see if you want to manage one of the channels posted. Some channels managers let you be a second moderator or even third so you might want to look into that.