An appreciation post for the mods/ teammates

Hello everyone! I have worked on quite a few projects here… And I’m very thankful and grateful to the mods/ CMs/ subtitlers I have worked with… Just thought of giving a shoutout to all the fab people out there!

A special shoutout to @shraddhasingh and @nimi_stepinac !! My first projects were with you guys… Both of you have been the sweetest and the kindest ones I have interacted with here!!

Feel free and share your views with people you have worked with!!

18 Likes

स्नेहा दीदी को धन्यवाद इस मुद्दे को लाने के लिए,

मैंने आज तक मात्र 2 प्रोजेक्ट्स पर काम किया है| जिसमें से एक पूरा हो चुका है और दुसरे पर कार्य जारी है, इसलिए मैं यहाँ अपने प्रोजेक्ट्स या टीम की बात ना करके थोड़ी-सी ऑफ़-टॉपिक बात करना चाहूँगा|

मैं और मेरे घनिष्ठ मित्र जिन्हें जानते हैं विकि पर, जिनके कार्यों से हमने कुछ सिखा है| वे निम्नलिखित हैं-

1. श्रद्धा दीदी- मेरा ऐसा मानना है इन्हें हिंदी की जानकारी अच्छी है अन्य लोगों की तुलना में विकि पर| इन्होंने बहुत सारे पीडीऍफ़ उपलब्ध कराया जिससे हमारी हिंदी में सुधार हुआ और अन्य हिंदी सबटाइटलर के लिए उपयोगी सिद्ध हो सकेगा|

2. पद्मा दीदी- पहले तेलुगु उतनी प्रचलित भाषा नहीं थी विकि पर| हाल के दिनों में, मैं देख रहा हूँ कि तेलुगु के बहुत सारे सबटाइटलर हो गयें| इसका श्रेय पद्मा दीदी को जाता है|

मुझे लगता है जब इन्होंने शुरुआत की होगी तो अकेले ही सबटाइटल जोड़ने पड़े होंगे| टीम जोड़ना मुश्किल रहा होगा|

इससे मैं अपने घनिष्ठ मित्र को प्रेरित करता हूँ कि वो मातृभाषा में सबटाइटल जोड़ने का कार्य जारी रखे| भविष्य में तेलुगु की तरह उसके मातृभाषा के सबटाइटलर भी बढ़ेंगे|

7 Likes

What a great idea, giving a positive feedback to our fellow volunteers!

@marykarmelina, thank you for being the first one to believe in me and always offering calming words when I get upset or discouraged. If it weren’t for you, I probably would have quit volunteering soon after I started like many other Kor-Eng subbers.

@irmar, you amaze me with your incredible dedication to your craft!

16 Likes

Ha, what a coincidence! I was just thinking, half an hour ago, reading your patient explanation of Joseon astronomy: “They probably appreciate what I do but at the same time they must also be very relieved to be rid of me when this drama ends”.
I love you all! And off I am to bed because it’s the wee hours of the morning again!

15 Likes

Thanks…! For the recognition dear!

4 Likes

I am not on a team yet, just offering up spelling/grammar errors as I find them – but I wanted to give a shout-out to @cgwm808! She has given me such great advice on how to get started and I appreciate her willingness to help a newbie such as myself! :blush:

11 Likes

I was busy in shifting home from past few days so couldn’t reply on this topic immediately after reading it. Now since I’ve finally settled, I have enough time to work at Viki again.

@sneha_narayanaswamy @blfansa
Thank you to both of you. :heart:
It can be intimidating to begin a new hobby. I truly appreciate knowing that I have you on my side. I feel blessed to have a family at Viki.

My very first project at Viki was an anime where I worked as a subtitler. After finishing that project, I joined another web drama, Imaginary Cat. Thanks to @marykarmelina for trusting in my work. I initially joined as a subtitler but after sometime, you promoted me to Hindi moderator without even asking for it. I am really grateful that you gave me a headstart at Viki.

7 Likes

Nice topic! There are so many people I want to thank!

First of all, I’d like to thank @mirjam_465 for getting me started on my English Editor journey. Thank you for all the time you spent teaching, correcting, and encouraging me. And most of all, thank you for introducing me to my wonderful trainer.
Thank you, @worthyromance, for being the best trainer ever. I’m still amazed at the amount of patient, step-by-step, sub-by-sub correcting and explaining you did for me. I actually started taking my work so much more seriously when I saw the amount of dedication you put into creating quality subtitles. All those rules have been drilled into my head because of your consistent efforts. I hope to see you around soon^^

I wish I could thank all the volunteers on all the English teams I’ve worked on till date. I’ve had such wonderful experiences learning from everyone. I’d like to thank @damiechan for helping me on my very first project with @mirjam_465. I also had so much fun with the Thai drama team and its weird subtitles because of my lovely teammates (Can’t tag all of you, Viki is already glaring at me :flushed:)
I want to thank TE @pandabears8735 for explaining so many terms to me as I tried to GE New Horizon. Each project brings new challenges, and this one helped me learn how to collaborate with TEs for the best subs.

I’d like to thank @bjohnsonwong, my Level 1 NSSA Sensei, for helping me start out on my segging journey. You’re someone I look up to :smile: I also want to thank all my other senseis, @lari_sferreira42_336, Stariz, @cahcodognatto, and @shms for helping me through all the Segging Levels. I know you all must be busy with your own projects. Thank you for taking the time to correct me :blush:

14 Likes

Eu ainda não trabalhei com nenhum de vocês, mas sou grata por todo esforço árduo de toda a equipe Viki, pois sem o trabalho conjunto de vocês teria que me limitar a assistir sem entender nada.

Deixo aqui meu muito obrigado a todos vocês e meus parabéns!!!

:smile_face_with_three_hearts::beijando coração:Preformatted text

5 Likes

I’m so glad!!! You are welcome =)

3 Likes

Thank you Vivi, you’re so sweet, you put a smile on my face with your kind words :heart:
Hope to see you around on our future projects ^^

3 Likes

If I’d have to thank someone in particular, it’d be the moderator who gave me the chance to start subtitling in my language. Sadly, she is not active anymore, but thanks to her, I started my experience in here.:clap:

9 Likes

@lovemyself

What was her name when she was active here? It would be nice that you mention her name. I have many that are not here for a long time now, and sadly, I forgot some of their names, but they were wonderful human beings, that were so respectful, caring, and a real team player/teammate.

My #1 and fave CM/Moderator: was/is
https://www.viki.com/users/tish_afi/overview.
Amazing patience and humbleness.
[as long as you have made a connection with someone, you will always be remembered] don’t know if this is her quote or someone copycat her name on twitter.

Another humble, loving, and caring moderator. Blessed in patience and caring.
https://www.viki.com/users/mirna023_316/overview.

THE #1 teammate and the best segmenter here at Rviki. com No one can match him! (imo)
A pleasure to work with, and a sweet person to communicate with. Forever in my heart.
https://www.viki.com/users/dasfl49/overview

I hope RViki. reward them like they very well deserve; for their quality volunteer work. I miss you all, and never thought I would still be around, but here I am. Always in my heart.

5 Likes

Just bumping it up!

2 Likes