Anime/manga for beginners?

Hi, there.

Is there a particular anime series on Viki, which you would warmly recommend to a beginner?

Hard to say because although I saw a lot of anime and did read a lot of manga I didn’t see any series Viki offers. I checked what they offer and I might want to give “Sola”, “The World of Narue” a try… And I saw they offer Canaan which was really popular a few years ago but never watched it myself.

If it doesn’t have to be on Viki I think you can’t really go wrong with a series by CLAMP, they have a bit of everything. I did read and watch almost all their work.

There aren’t many new anime on Viki. Most are older series, like Black Jack and other Tezuka works.

From Viki, I recommend Black Jack (all series), M3 The Dark Metal.
Otherwise, I wholeheartedly recommend:

• for rom-com: Toradora, Kamisama Hajimemashita
  • for action: The Seven Deadly Sins (Nanatsu no Taizai), Donten ni Warau (Laughing Under The Clouds)
  • for psychological/thriller: Psycho Pass 1&2, Ergo Proxy

I selected them based on what you wrote, thinking that for a beginner, the visuals, music and story should be topnotch to make you appreciate anime all the more.

But if you want some great anime, with thought-provoking plots and splendid visuals, I’ll list some:

• Shingeki no Kyojin (The Attack-On Titan). Stay with it until episode 6, everything will become clearer then.
  • FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood - there’s much confusion with this one, since there’s another series with the same name, but that one only covers half of the story and strays from the original plot. So, Brotherhood is the one to watch.
  • Code Geass 1&2. Lelouch is one of the best antiheroes out there.
  • Gintama. Period. For the awesomeness of Gintoki and the gags
  • Akatsuki no Yona - Good story, great visuals and a mind-blowing twist right from the start.

Thank you both, @Dudie and @morico! I will check these out.

Recently (2 months ago) I came across one of THE BEST mangas I have read: Orange
Truly recommended ^^