šŸŽ [Announcement] The 2017 Holiday Sub-a-thon šŸŽ

End the year with a bang for the chance to earn an exclusive holiday badge, featuring Okaimono, the Rakuten Panda!

When: Dec 1st 00:00 PDT ~ Dec 10th 23:59 PDT

How to participate: Contribute a minimum of 1000 subtitles or 1000 segments to receive this festive badge to show off on your profile!

For more information on how to subtitle and segment, please refer to our FAQ. And as a friendly reminder, before working on a channel, please message the Channel Manger or Moderator of your language to let them know youā€™re interested in volunteering!

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us via the Help Center.

Cheers!
Viki Community Team

6 Likes

For beginners ā€œHow to join a Team and Begin Subtitling on Vikiā€:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmOUVFY5e0M&feature=youtu.be

Donā€™t forget to do screenshots of your sub/segs count when you start subbing and when you stop Last time I didnā€™t get my badge automaticallyā€¦ something went wrong with the count but after sending screenshots I did get it.

2 Likes

Hi I want to gwet the badge how can participate what have to fill?

It says right there. You have to write min 1000 subtitles or do 1000 segments in a drama, movie etc. during the below said period. PDT is California Time. Perhaps you have ongoing projects where you can sub or seg, if not, ask the channel manager or the respective language moderator of the drama you would like to contribute.
Or post that you would like to write subtitles here:
https://discussions.viki.com/t/want-to-subtitle-let-people-know/33/1962?u=simi11
or find a project and contact CM or Mod here:
http://subber.viki.com/project_finder

Please message the Channel Manager and/or Moderator for your language on EACH DRAMA and ā€¦

WAIT FOR A RESPONSE PLEASE. Pleaseā€¦do not work without being added to the Team and in some cases, auditioned for your ability to help us successfully and meaningfully complete the drama.

Be patient, this is a global group and yes, people sleep, eat, work, go to school as well as volunteer here as your Channel Managers and Moderators!

Thank you in advance for honoring the need for communication during this subathon, as well as when such an event is not happening here.

GeNie of the Lamp Channel Manager, English Moderator, and other duties, such as sweeping the courtyards when they need itā€¦sigh. POOF!

3 Likes

Dear Viki,

Iā€™m loving the subathon badges! Keep up the good work :blush:

3 Likes

I am so ready for this ā€” the badge is so cute~!
I somehow made it work last time when I actually didnā€™t have much time to participate, so I should be able to make it work this time too >u<

2 Likes

Nice badge. What do you think about creating a badge for 1000 contributions (either subtitles or segments) instead of 1000 subtitles or 1000 segments? People who both segment and subtitle are also good contributors and should be recognized too.

5 Likes

IĀ“m subbver in many dramas but how I know which dramas count subtitules? and how I know that IĀ“m participanting?

like the subathon before, Vikiā€™s system will count the subs or segs you do during that time as already said. As there are always technical bugs and to be safe, make a screenshots of your sub count in your profile when you start on Dec 1st. and when you finish by Dec 10th by 1 minute before midnight California time.
You donā€™t need to do anything, no registration.

1 Like

This is coming during such a stressful time in terms of school :sob: :sob: :sob:

The badge is super cute and I really miss subbing so Iā€™ll try to make it work.

2 Likes

I forgot to make screencapsā€¦ oops. But I wonder something: Do you also get the badge when you did a combination? I already have made 1000 contributions in total since december 1. Might be a bit less then 1000 segs but I also did some subbingā€¦ so if I have 950 segs and 50 subs for example, will I still get this cute badge?

1 Like

How do we calculate the subs from Dec. 1 to Dec. 10?

By writing down your contribution count and the beginning and the end and then calculate the difference of course. If you didnā€™t write down your contributions or made a screencap of them at the beginning you canā€™t calculate it anymore.

1 Like

@dudie to be on the safe side make the 1000 segs here the criteria:

Hope that helps and good luck!

Yay, I just reached 1000 with 4 days to go. :slight_smile:
A few thousands more, to complete the entire translation of the project Iā€™m working on. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

@sim11 Yes I figured itā€™s best to be on the safe side so I segged a bit more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing so much information will give it to my girls too. They also deserve a badge even though some are ā€˜ā€˜newbiesā€™ā€™ but great subbers!

I, myself am doing everything possible for this one since for the Japanese badge, something went really wrong there. I donā€™t want to talk about it, but I do feel cheated and USED!

What goes around, comes around. Itā€™s not the badge what bothers me, is the way some people act in here. Anyway, the Panda is so cute, I must earn it and get it! lol.

This time Iā€™m keeping tabs on everything in case I feel wronged in any way. I had a Panda for 11 years until my mom disrespectfully threw it away. I was traumatized for a while RIP NEFTALY (that was his name I gave him)ā€¦:sob:

5 Likes

1915 new subtitles in total andā€¦ my brainā€¦ isā€¦ fried.
7 episodes complete and edited - 8 more to go :scream:
1 more episode tommorow, but after that I think I deserve 1-2 days off. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Hello!

Thank you everyone who participated in the 2017 Holiday Sub-a-thon! Weā€™re currently reviewing the list of participants and implementation of the badge will follow. We estimate that the badge will be applied at the end of this week.

Thank you again for all your contributions!

Best,
Camille
Viki Community Team

4 Likes