Any korean learning website suggestion and communication apps to improve my korean?

hi so i’m currently learning korean since i’m able to read hangul i want to level up by learning words and sentence grammar and different vocabulary however my pronunciation is based on the romanization that’s why it’s kind of weird. since i watch a lot of dramas i,m kind of familiar with some words. anyways i’ll appreciate anyone’s help. 정말 감사합니다 :smile:

4 Likes

Duolingo is great for sentence structure and learning new words, and Memrise can help you expand your vocabulary. Both of these are amazing and free websites that I use regularly.

4 Likes

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/introduction-to-korean (starts September 2)

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/introduction-to-korean-2 (starts September 16)

And, in case you want to go off-screen for a while, there are of course studybooks out there, but also nice bilingual storybooks for language learners. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

i used to use duolingo but to learn french and i didn’t really like it with that language. anyways thanks for ur help :smiley:

2 Likes

omg thanks i really looked hard for courses but i couldn’t find any thank you so much i really appreciate it :blush::grin:

1 Like

Glad I could help. :slight_smile: Choi Sisters also have a Facebook page btw, where they also answer questions about Korean. And if enough people are interested in a certain topic, they make a video about it.

Oh, and here’s a general website that helps you find (and organize) free online courses on lots of different subjects:

1 Like

I like this YouTube series to learn:

Subtitles are available in English, Korean and Thai, or you can practice listening without subs :slight_smile: Good luck!

3 Likes

Why don’t you use viki Learn? the function is available on any K drama episode or movie which is at least 50% captioned in Korean. Try it on Legend of the Blue Sea or Descendants of the Sun. There are probably over one hundred dramas with each episode captioned over 90%.

4 Likes

i already watched these two dramas on netflix since it was a long time i’ll watch them again

1 Like

We have a lot of other Korean dramas with Learn mode available – I just mentioned those two because of their popularity.

3 Likes

I’m using LingoDeer and I’ve been learning a lot. More than I think I ordinarily would. It helps you focus on syntax, vocabulary, characters, and conversation. You look, listen, and practice speaking. It’s pretty cool. I’m also using Memrise app as well. Another source I just found is the Korean from Zero series and it too has some interesting learning approaches. I bought the book from Amazon which enables me to access their website and download their audio files and other resources.

2 Likes

Here’s something VERY interesting about Hangul. ( You really need to get away from using romanization - it suckeths :smile:)

I don’t know if you can see it though. It’s in the on-line Korean Philosophy class from Sungkyunkwan University.
https://www.coursera.org/learn/introduction-to-korean-philosophy-and-culture/lecture/9Iv3H/hangeul-the-korean-alphabet.

Hello, this channel on YT might prove practical.
They also do lots of live stream, in real time.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

TTMIK is the most popular way. They have some free lessons with grammar and also on youtube. I also like the app called Drops: Learn Korean. I always did it on the bus.

3 Likes

This was a live stream.
Verb Nominalization

1 Like