Anyone finding it difficult to watch anything on viki lately in firefox or any browser?

Everything lately loads slowly or stops and just freezes and you have to refresh over and over

3 Likes

yes its this god awful lag , that is making the videos load slowly , or just freeze … I keep refreshing and trying to skip over to the parts where the lag starts but its no use… its like it starts half way and once that happens its hard to recover.

1 Like

I had that problem too, but I switched to chrome and it disappeared.

I use chrome exclusively for Viki

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. We are aware of certain video performance issues which cause the lag and stuttering sometimes. We are working actively to address them.

Cheers,
Dhruv

Hello Dhruv,
It seems to happen often when an add loads , even the add has lag , and freezes.
It seems to me from a technical standpoint there could be a few possible causes
1 are you perhaps dealing with difference in encoding of advert and video that is causing conflict?
2. If it is flash video/ flash advert are there some hidden outdated code in between the layers or the video player
wich is causing this lag at the flash players end.
3. I notice that this has been happening recently on all videos … like since about a week or so … has there been any major / minor changes to the video player / updates/ patches to the deployment ? IF so its better to roll back because the performance is the worst , and it is driving away people from ever considering paying for viki due to its horrible painstaking video delivery .

I use chrome and I´ve got no problem at all. It stress when it happens but viki group does solve it fast. dont despair

1 Like

Firefox is my favourite browser for many things, but it’s not well compatible with viki. I use Opera without a glitch.

2 Likes

Thanks for the chrome tip its working fine now,

ok, while we are on this subject, I am a viki member here, and with it on google chrome. what I’d like to know can I go to like foxfire to watch viki or not? just curious…or do I also have to pay for it if I go to firefox or any other ?

I suggest you try it. There are some differences. Some you might like (like rating a video with a heart) and some not.
You also change to and from fullscreen clicking on a different place, but that’s not important.
Changing browser doesn’t change your status on viki (visitor without account, free member, paying member or QC). Viki recognizes you when you login, it doesn’t care what your browser is. Why would you pay just for visiting with a different browser? (Nobody would use that browser anymore, LOL!)

thanks! I happened across foxfire and was curious. I may check it out then. again thanks

Maybe not ads, I’ve got a pass so I don’t see them and still video has been continually freezing then skipping, to the point of being unwatchable. It started for me about 48 hours ago.
I’ll try Chrome for a temporary fix. I don’t much like it but hey, I’m in the middle of Haechi, and it’s addictive.

@anon30587421 I’d really like to be able to watch with Firefox, though so I really appreciate that the issue is being addressed.

Oops, just realized how old this thread is. Sorry if reviving dead discussions isn’t appropriate. The issue is the same though

1 Like

Yes, 2 years later the problem still here every weekend this goes on here at viki, the drama keeps loading the segments and subs are out of sync. I can’t watch dramas here on weekends it’s a shame that 2 years later the problem hasn’t resolved.

2 YEARS LATER

osthein_761h adidaxia
Maybe not ads, I’ve got a pass so I don’t see them and still video has been continually freezing then skipping, to the point of being unwatchable. It started for me about 48 hours ago.
I’ll try Chrome for a temporary fix. I don’t much like it but hey, I’m in the middle of Haechi, and it’s addictive.

@anon30587421 I’d really like to be able to watch with Firefox, though so I really appreciate that the issue is being addressed.

Oops, just realized how old this thread is. Sorry if reviving dead discussions isn’t appropriate. The issue is the same though