Anyone watching "Fresh Off the Boat"?

If you’re in the States, you may have heard of it. It’s an American family sitcom, featuring an Asian American family, that recently started.

I was catching up on the show and reading a few reviews about it. And I was wondering, for anyone who might be watching… What do you think of it?

I was writing this long post about how relatable it felt for me (as an Asian American), despite my own personal experiences differing quite a bit. And I was thinking about my identity with regards to race… But I was losing my focus with where I was going.

What I will leave here though is that I did enjoy the show - it’s kind of funny, but more-so, it felt so very familiar. And I think it’s great for the Asian American community. I was lucky enough to grow up in a place with lots of Asian American families and other immigrant families, so I’ve never felt like a fish out of water for that reason. But for a great number of others growing up in the US, this is something they might see and go “So it’s not just me.”

Okay, so another question. Have you ever felt out of place because of your race or ethnicity?

Maybe interesting reads?

It looked interesting but I have not tuned in to it.