Anyone watching the olympics?

I did watch the skaters last night, so theres a 14 hour difference, and its cold there too. these guys doing that 5 twist turn was awesome, If I fell like that I would have major injuries!! all of them I thought were great. I have to admit my heart went out to those guys when they fell, can you imagine the pressure, a country their country watching them and wanting them to be successful> wow the pressure!. I plan to watch it . not taking over my dramas cause I watch it at night. just a thought. no big thing. just love watching this is all

3 Likes

I blame the ice it was too solid when they did the jumps and when they fall back into the ice their skates kind of got stuck instead of sliding. The temperature was 20 below zero. they need the machine they have here that soften and cleans the surface during breaks so the next competitor has more ease when skating.

I was so upset and scared for them. It’s so unfair that they don’t help the skaters more. They all fell or tripped at one point.

1 Like

I Love watching the Figure Skating/ Ice Dancing! :ice_skate:

https://youtu.be/DgJFOR8Oeso

This is one of my favorite performances, Li Zijun and Yan Han Skating to the OST of My Love from Another Star, They are normally pair skaters, however they have been training :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t have TV but if had the chance I would def watch figure skating as this was my hobby when I was young and yes the quality of ice can make a huge difference!

3 Likes

Ok i’m curious. Why you don’t have a TV?

I could if I wanted, just gave up all the commercials and ads infestation and bla bla shows, Im just not into it, I can watch dramas on viki, and then I don’t even have any time as Im fixing up my house :slight_smile: snow blowing and lawn moving takes up time too :scream_cat:

2 Likes

Oh wow I can’t live without watching my news and Netflix on TV.

heres one for you angellight, I don’t have a tv, so how do I watch the games and other shows thats on tv,
my son got this for me last year, one of those big screens, and with blue ray, I can watch tv as well doing computer stuff , like viki, df, genealogy etc. and really enjoying it,

(AT&T is causing a problem somehow) I can get you tube, netflix,hulu through this, but if a problem with blue ray I can still get them on my computer, I can still get the tv. so I don’t need a tv. just like simi11. oh and no I don’t pay for those, my sons do. just thought I would clear that up.

as for the skaters falling, so the ice was too hard . didn’t think of that

one.
did I miss those skaters?? love the song.

Lol, I do have a Sony google tv but just no cable with channels I use it rarely because if I do watch Im on my 17" pc/laptop I can carry anywhere :slight_smile: One advantage is that if I need to stop watching I just press the stop icon, while a tv show won’t stop for you and then those hundreds of ads, I simply can stand ads since always and if they were short but 3-4 minutes :scream_cat: I don’t have Netflix cause I would not exhaust the monthly subscription I used watch hulu but now it’s not free either, oh well I won’t die if I don’t see it, I rather put money into traveling :airplane:

1 Like

I also don’t have a TV. It was a conscious decision when I moved out of my parent’s house and I became a mother.
If there is something I absolutely want to watch I can go there, we live at less than 5 minutes distance from each other. But in reality I do it very rarely. For all the rest, like news etc. there is the radio and the internet.

No, I don’t like sports

ok back to the games, heres a question maybe you know the answer ( i did google but didn’t get my answer) the sloom(? right?) the snow boarding and thar rouge(?) how in the world do they keep their movements. that snowboarding was awesome, but how do they keep moving? the one they ski downhill, and the rate of speed, and not “falling on their faces” wow! awesome, the gazettechan, this is the only kind of sports I do like, can’t wait for the \swimming competiton, the gymnasts etc. ok, ok, I know this link is supposed to be for Viki and the dramas. can’t help but be excited to see these young kids compete and do this stuff!! (um I am kinda a grandmother figure here so be nice):heart_eyes: oh and I really hope this isnt offending anyone!!!

3 Likes

ok you math whiz kids, a thousandth of an inch?? a hairbreadth?? wow he won just that much, speed skaters… awesome.

You won’t believe this they finally used the machine on the ice and none of the skaters fell and it was a beautiful experience to see them skate with ease of movements. They are all really good and is so hard to chose. Thank goodness for the judges.

1 Like

That’s a relief! But… How is it possible that they didn’t think of this before? I mean, aren’t they professionals?

That Opening was incredible, and I don’t even like sports! As a Kdrama and Kpop fan, though, I just had to watch the show.
Also, seeing athletes from both North and South Korea walking in as one people gave me hope. :heart::kr::heart:

2 Likes

my problem is the 14 hours difference, I am just not able to stay up all night to watch it. did see the skaters and they did fantastic, yeah they used the machine for the ice ,I did see the difference! was so pleased they did those turns without falling. I noticed on the board the Koreans got a gold medal, way to go guys, canadian second then usa(I think it was) third. they all did a fantastic job! that snow boarding you can have it, wow fantastic anyway, andf the slolome(?) what a feat, and those guys oon that sled, timint the absolute, I did get to see the fast skating, and thosew two, 1 thousandth of an inch?? he won. now that is skating for sure. more toi come on this morning so plan to watch it. sure wish they would do replays or something . anyway thanks y’all for responding. uh oh I am making a booboo! the other countries, I apologize for not recognise any of you!! all of you did a fantastic job too.

I really have no idea why it wasn’t done before. Maybe there were too many competitors and they didn’t have the time to do that? Or maybe the extreme cold played a factor there. The weather got better now, that day the temperature was -20 below zero. many of the contestants had to be treated for hypothermia, asthma attacks and high altitude symptoms.

1 Like

The one who won the gold medal with the board is a 17 year old boy from the countryside. he did that so perfect!:astonished:

all I can say these “kids” are awesome!!