App suddenly not working anymore on Android TV?!

I was using the Viki App just fine this week but now it suddenly says to update it but I cannot because the device I use is not supported so it doesn’t show up in the Google play store?! If the device was old I get it but it’s not even 2 years old, still get’s updates from my tv and internet provider.

Do more people have this issue suddenly? Lucky me the app still works on my 4 year old phone so I can cast from there on my TV but it’s so annoying it isn’t working on my TV anymore.

I don’t have a smart TV but the device acts as a chromecast along with normal digital TV.

I’ve been experiencing the same issue on both a beamer (cast) and smart TV. Both fairly new. Can’t update either because it doesn’t prompt one. Deleted and reinstalled the app too with no luck. App on my phone fine as well.

I found out my internet+TV provider has Android OS 11 installed on their devices and there are no plans to upgrade that anytime soon. It’s strange because why would you put Android OS 11 on a rather new device when there are newer versions?! Android OS 14 is already released. Saw a few complaints about it on their forums and I think I that’s also the reason why the Viki app isn’t working anymore.

1 Like

Thanks for the update! I probably have the same thing going on. Will look into it~