Apparently Team Discussion has been 'discovered' by spam

found the upvotes on one of my projects just now: didn’t know the sex spammers were drama fans…

11 Likes

Sadly yes. Also have someone like this in my channel.

2 Likes

… not only there a lot of spammers are followers on our profiles. All we can do is flag them, their profiles get deleted, but they still show as followers. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

How can they access Team Discussions… usually the editor is open for designated teams… am I missing something??

2 Likes

Would they need to access TD?
Can’t they just detect users with lots of comments and up vote comments on their disqus profile?

These spammers have been around for a long time and are still active. Saw these in one of the Coming Soon channels:

Anyone with a Disqus account can access any of our discussions as long as we’ve made a comment or posting on any of Disqus’ platforms. For instance, if we commented on any drama channel, all anyone has to do is to click on our Viki ID to look at all our comments (including those on TD) in relation to that ID.
PS: I didn’t know about this till someone told me about it recently. Not surprisingly, I went “WOW! Really?” lol.

Sure wish such access can and would be banned. :pleading_face::roll_eyes:

1 Like

I was surprised that same 18+ acc. upvoted my comment in TD too!

What’s crazy is my sn for Viki disqus is only used in the TD. I have a separate disqus acc. I use for other platforms. I haven’t really left any comments under shows either. I think maybe these spam trolls are lurking in discussions and looking our profiles up

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I saw someone outside my team upvoted a comment of mine.

2 Likes

oh it’s creepy

1 Like