Are Thailand dramas (lakorns) coming back to viki?

Yesterday, I noticed a new drama called ‘My name is Busana’ and the amazing thing about it is that is is a lakorn. So…does that mean that viki is bringing back lakorns!!! Anyone know the answer to this question?

3 Likes

Hope so, too. I was a fan of lakorn dramas and worked in many of them (way back). Although some strong themes (ra*e) I never liked (and I hope they don’t bring those back bc they are a painful subject). But the romantic, mystery/ghost lakorn dramas/movies are so good, and will bring here at RViki the needed varieties of dramas for viewers to watch and fully enjoy.

2 Likes

I hope so too. There are REALLY good Thai lakorns out there. Not many sites are.licensing Thai dramas lately so I guess it’s a good opportunity for Viki to stand out amongst others.

3 Likes

I’m glad as a starter they have here a really good one; My name is Busana. I haven’t stopped watching, but now have to wait for the rest to be subbed. The only thing i think it will be very short (I see posted 10 episodes only) so i’m guessing I only have 4 more to go? No matter hope others watch is very naturally funny and romantic.

2 Likes

Don’t worry: I saw in the editor that there’s going to be 24 episodes. :slight_smile:
And the other languages are waiting even longer, since they only got green light for the first 2 episodes so far. But there was a bit of a delay in the English team at first, cause it was hard to find Thai-Eng subbers.

Btw, it’s Busaba. :wink:

2 Likes

lmao when two letters are close by I tend to hit the wrong key and then ppl wonder what drama I’m talking about. Must proofread before posting. I added the link for the drama. Deserves the attention. Can’t wait for more good lakorn dramas. Like everything in life they, have some bad ones too (it’s a drag to work in those).
Have to go food shopping and is raining cats and dogs (pouring) ughhhhh so uncomfortable to shop on rainy bit cold days.

2 Likes

Funny enough the person who started this thread also wrote it with an n. :rofl:
Until now Fleet Of Time was the only Thai drama available in my area. So let’s hope for more.

Lol, in Dutch the expression goes like this:

afbeelding

3 Likes

Netflix has a reasonable amount of Thai content, at least in the UK anyway. I do agree with @mirjam_465 I hope we do see more added to viki in the future

3 Likes

Really? I watched one Thai drama there and when I searched I found only one or 2 others.

1 Like

Most Thai content licensed is BL, but I buck the trend, that is not my cup of tea :slight_smile: So I’m happy for a simple romance on Viki :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

@somejuwels Actually, it’s not, at least on UK Netflix anyway. Most of the Thai content is either romance, drama, crime, mystery or horror . There’s only two shows that I’m aware, of that could be classified as BL. There’s one or two others that have elements of BL , but I don’t think could be classified as such

@mirjam_465 is one show in particular that I’m currently watching, which in English is simply titled ‘Hook’ it would probably be classified primarily as a sport drama

2 Likes

It seems Viki is starting to bring new short Thai lakorns

It would be awesome if they could bring the longer (16ep) Lakorns licensed too. We made a difference when we used to have those channel3 Lakorns.

6 Likes

it would also be nice if you could put f4 thailand flower boys on viki

1 Like

I suppose technically these are lakorn, since they’re series from Thailand, but more commonly these are Thai BL, and many people don’t watch BL, although they’re missing out on some very good series by ignoring them.

I’ve been looking everywhere for an English translation of Don’t Say No, since the platform it originally aired on was shut down the end of December, I’m excited to see it’s coming to Viki. (I always forget to look at the coming soon section)

4 Likes

I agree. I would like to have bad Romeo here. This lakorn is great with yaya. I’m sad to have to watch it on website with poor quality of subtitles or no HD… Please Viki think of lakorn. We love them also.

1 Like