Are You More of a Binge-Watcher or Do You Take Things Slow?

so do you like procastinating hard and settling down for a marathon, wasting every precious second in the day as a sacrifice to DramaLand, or do you like spacing episodes out neatly and watching them during the quiet times of the day? Or are you the Night Marathoner, the one who is never without bags under their eyes because NIGHTS ARE NOT FOR SLEEPING?

I confess I fall under the binge-watcher category…I cannot stand even the LEAST bit of suspense and HAVE TO KNOW what will happen in the end. Weekends are my days to splurge, and my favourite thing in the world is to curl up at night while everyone is sleeping and enjoy a serving of the best of K-DramaLand! :joy::sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Wow! as soon as I saw this,I knew that I can relate to this.I am Night Marathoner and I can’t sleep without knowing what’s going to happen next .Watching episodes in the day is not as fun as watching them in night cause you can then have great dreams and make theories about what’s gonna happen next.:rofl: Weekends are for searching new dramas and planning on what to watch the following week.I think that it is great that all of us have something fun to do.Have a great day!!

5 Likes

sometimes a binge watcher then other times slow watcher

3 Likes

I think it really depends on the show. If I’m watching a slow burn romance drama, I tend to savor it and watch only a couple episodes a week. But if I’m watching a really dramatic and action-packed show, or even a very plot heavy one, I tend to binge watch. Great question!!

7 Likes

I’m all of the above. I have my binge watch moments, preferably at night (daytime is for sleeping, right? :wink: ), but I also like to be accompanied by a drama during my meals and I cannot make a binge watch session out of each and every meal now, can I? :rofl:

4 Likes

If there is only one or two episodes available I will not start watching but wait. I usually watch one episode at the time per evening or every other evening. Or, if I’m home sick or so, can watch several in a row instead of a movie.
Gone are the days where where you have to wait a week between them and I’m grateful for that. The only show I watch and wait a week for the next episode is 90 day fiancé. The rest I either stream online or have saved up a whole season on tivo before watching.
:grinning:

4 Likes

I totally feel you!!! I spend my ‘sleeping time’ totally excited and dreaming of what will happen next…and then the theories make me go crazy and wish the night lasted just a few more years :joy::joy: I get totally immersed in them, so it’s like the main character and i are one: WE GET THROUGH IT TOGETHER, and I ride the rollercoaster of emotions with her

I usually try raiding the refrigerator at night while watching my dramas :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I used to be a Binge watcher and I sometimes still am. Shows like What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim and Go Go Squid I had to binge but since I have 4 kids and a husband I can’t always cut out the time to binge anymore. I definitely watch more at night when my little minions of darkness are asleep. I’ve thankfully found so really good facial toner that makes the bags under my eyes less noticeable. :joy::sunglasses:

4 Likes

The first thing I thought when I read this was "Oh dear, this is probably me in ten years!":joy::joy:

:joy::rofl: I’m always really tired but people assume it’s because I’m a mom… which it partially is but it’s mainly me sacrificing sleep for K/C-dramas. My 4 year old loves K-Dramas and runs around the house going “Aigoooooo”. It’s kinda adorable. He supports my binge watching by falling asleep on my lap so I really “can’t get up”. lol

3 Likes

That is just plain adorable!

2 Likes