Arg! Viki please FIX this language bug!

Viki! Please fix this default language bug! It is like a virus!

I do NOT speak German! and it keeps dropping me into German in the segment timer. Why?

My default language is English.

This is NOT a browser issue. It follows me on all browsers. Something on the Viki side is doing this.

It is annoying to have to change the language every time I open a part. It is not going to kill me, but it is just irritating enough that I have to complain about it here.

5 Likes

I used to have the same with Portuguese, first in the editor and later (when that was fixed) in the segment timer. But at some pointā€¦ my default language had suddenly turned into English again. By then I was already so used to the Portuguese default setting that it almost was a sad thing to have to miss itā€¦
Either way, just live with it and one day, it will change. :wink:

3 Likes

Itā€™s happening outside of editing, and segmenting.
Every so often, links of shows I post, appear in spanish.
My, set, Viki, website language, is English! :woman_shrugging:t5:!

Take a look :nerd_face: :face_with_monocle: :nerd_face:

3 Likes

There was a placeholder notification on top of the main discussion page. The one that starts with ā€œLorem ipsumā€.

1 Like

Yes, my VikiMail messages about who had become CM used to be in Portuguese, too.

2 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s very annoying. my default language is Arabic but sometimes it suddenly changes to English & the bulk translation is always in Afar!!!

3 Likes

There is also a long-standing bug in using Korean language on a K video. If I choose Korean as my language, the sub editor automatically chooses ā€œcaptioningā€ and shows no ā€œFromā€ language. If I choose subtitles to look at English to ensure I am entering the Korean in the correct segment, when I leave the part and start another part, the system reverts to ā€œcaptioning.ā€

3 Likes

I get that too when I work on ASC