Autumn in My Heart cast---then and now

I’m watching Autumn in My Heart since I’m in the middle of a throwback to the classics. I got to the third episode when I realized that these actors seem familiar, and I was shocked and pleasantly surprised when I found out that I knew them. But now that I think about it, this is a drama from 19 years ago…so here we are, time has passed, and now these actors are famous. I’m taking them back to their roots, so to speak :smiley:

And now for the big reveal, if no one hasn’t guessed the actors by now…

Moon Geun Young

Song Seung Heon

Song Hye Kyo

Won Bin

And this cutie, who I haven’t seen in recent dramas…
Choi Woo Hyuk

And this is the actress that plays in the first three episodes (at least, as far as I know) as the real Choi Shin Ae. She died of a brain tumor in 2007. May her soul rest in peace and prosperity

Lee Ae Jeong

2 Likes

Autumn in My Heart started not just the Endless Love series, which also includes Winter Sonata, Summer Scent and Spring Waltz, but also the Korean Wave, a phenomenon that led to the worldwide distribution of Kdramas. And as you’ve mentioned, lots of actors and actresses rose to fame thanks to it.

1 Like

I’ve noticed a lot of the same actors play in those series. I’m watching Beautiful Days and I noticed that the same lead actress plays in Winter Sonata and Stairway to Heaven. The older, supporting actors and supporting actresses also appear in similar movies together. I wonder if that is due to the director being the same one all the way through?

1 Like

Yes, all four dramas were directed by Yoon Seok-ho.

1 Like

Yes!! Beautiful Days is my favorite of all times. Maybe because it really got me going with Kdrama. I’d stay up all night binging. I’d love to watch it again. Enjoy

1 Like