Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

Five hours ago, I was digging clothes out of the clean laundry pile in the corner of my room, getting ready to go to church. I wasn’t hearting anybody at that point.

Cause Discobot says it’s bad. But then Discobot says its good. And I’m a role model for doing something bad. Well, I’m in the gang that plays hooky and talks smack and whatnot, so that’s just fine.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Jhp3wSPZxFoMo/giphy-downsized.gif?cid=ecf05e47g4i9h0p7h7gzkvpeagdtufm4d6b57atswc6zgw9w&rid=giphy-downsized.gif&ct=g

(Giphy)

Discobot needs to see the school psychologist and let us alone.

Love my “peeps” . . .

https://media.giphy.com/media/FO4lgeCgKkC2I/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47n1xsdto8iraogqlg951ri3kkbzsyipu107y50zov&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

(Giphy)

7 Likes

축하합니다! :confetti_ball::tada: # 축하 해요! :tada::confetti_ball:

W :partying_face:W! :balloon::ribbon::gift::balloon:

https://c.tenor.com/pl54bxCr1x8AAAAM/wow-omg.gif
https://youtu.be/nmjAozP2UUs
Screenshot_20210809-123714_Messages

1 Like

Y’all… I just found out that Viki limits the number of hearts you can give a team :joy::joy: I like getting the heart count to a rounded-off number, so I was doing that when Viki started yelling… no, screaming at me to stop! Too bad, I was just two hearts away from 500 :persevere:
“THANKS FOR YOUR LOVE!” (a.k.a will you STOP messing around and get back to WORK, you procrastinating little weirdo??!!)

6 Likes

You go girl! Discobot is like many in positions of power; when they have been deposed, they keep on sending out memos to people who no longer care. Take those memos and put them in the shredder (of course at midnight . . . in the dark . . . in the middle of a blinding typhoon . . . after having administered chloroform to the security guards).

“Um, excuse me, whose shredder am I using, and where is it, and why does it have a security guard, and why do I need to shred memos I don’t care about?”

Well, I guess if you don’t want an opportunity to be involved in a spy thriller trope, you don’t have to be.

“Women, you can’t live without them, and you can’t shoot 'em. See what I put up with.”

4 Likes

Okay, as to not forget what we have learned and earned, …
I just got my 6th Nice Reply Badge, so how are you all doing with that badge.

• You have 0-2 nice replies
  • You have 3-6 nice replies
  • You have 7-10 nice replies
  • You have a lot more and just don’t want to brag too much about them

0 voters

3 Likes

To our recent earners of trust level 3!
tmp

:confetti_ball::tada:Congratulations!:tada::confetti_ball:
@gaby_heitmann_975, @sweetybirdtoo, @mas4, @padmalayag, @porkypine90_261, and @my_happy_place
:confetti_ball::tada:Congratulations!:tada::confetti_ball:

Those with the coveted wiki editor :name_badge: Badge.

Come earn your Wiki Editor :name_badge: Badge!

These are the fans who have earned their Regular :name_badge: Badge.

:confetti_ball::tada: 축하합니다! :tada::tada: 축하 해요! :tada::confetti_ball:

9 Likes

Thank you so much!! Dear!! :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

Aapaka svaagat hai, Raajakumaaree Lo Lo. After all, we love our dramas, but we don’t want to live in them.

I learned a lot about the British Raj in college.

To mix cultures: “Oy! Don’t get me started!”

(Giphy)

Way too much drama there, but it produced the Brigade of Gurkhas, which means YOU certainly have the intellectual resources to contribute deeply to the Viki community AND outwit Discobot.

Sadlly, the British Raj also attracted its share of clueless, not always harmless idiots. Colonel Blimpington (pukka sahib, eh what?). The British office managers who insisted their employees wear WOOL SUITS??? to work even when the ambient temperature was 110 degrees F./ 43 degrees C.

Do you think that perhaps Discobot could be a reincarnation of an old Bank of England bank-to-bank transfer program from the 1970s? That would explain its incessant fussiness combined with its complete uselessness in crucial situations.

(Giphy)

“Is it possible that Discobot is karmic punishment for the office manager who annoyed the stuffing out of my great-great-grandfather? Tthat would explain so much!”

(Giphy)

3 Likes

The culture mixing is evident :joy::joy: I realize we have colloqial-ized even the romanization of Hindi… I struggled to read that in one go!

2 Likes

I read it lol! She is welcoming me, you know right that slang thing

3 Likes

I’m just singing them cross-cultural translation transliiteration blues.

What little I know of any language written in Devanagari script is what I know of Nepali. I am barely bi-lingual in the Northern and Southern European sense; I am “restaurant-lingual” in a couple of other languages, and pretty much otherwise.

If I were to communicate with what I know in Nepali, it would be:

• Hajur lai kasto chha? Tapai lai kasto chha? Timi lai kasto chha? Mero nam Edith ho.
  • Momo. Sel Roti. Dhido.
  • Dhanyabad. Swagatam.
  • Daju. Didii. Bahini (sounds like "bweeny’). Bhai.
  • Rani. Rajah. Rajkumar. Rajkumari.

That’s about it. My Nepali friends smile, call me Aunty-ji, and give me food. Their English is better than my Nepali because I have no urgent need to learn good Nepali or die.

6 Likes

LOL for me, Discobot is that friendly yet weird “guy”, who taught me this and that at Discussions. If you ask about the “your answer needs 10 digits”, “give others a chance to tell their opinion”, or “this post is already dormant for 10 months or so, are you sure you want to revive it?”
This one is not Discobot, but “you know who” - in K drama it is usually the guy who grows up with just one parent, who never has as good grades like f.e. Discobot had, or he didn’t get the girl he wanted. Discobot might have neither, but I am sure this other guy, let’s call him Discobrat for now, thinks this way, because she smiled at Discobot once at least … So Discobrat is just a weird case of jealousy, not able to interact nicely, or socialize with others the right way. Yeah, yeah, what to say, Discobrat is doomed for life.

P.S. If anyone is wondering about that weird post asking for phone numbers, it got deleted, guess by whom?

5 Likes

1 Like

:pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive:
This happened, and its not the first time. Why is this happening?!! I have been dethroned from my coveted 2nd place, Jun 5th, awarded Originally!
Screenshot_20210902-105117_Chrome
https://discussions.viki.com/t/badges-who-thought-they-were-a-good-idea-and-where-do-you-go-to-earn-some-of-them/38213/260?u=leerla73
Screenshot_20210902-115920_Chrome
Yes, this has definitely happened before:worried::pleading_face::frowning:
https://discussions.viki.com/t/badges-who-thought-they-were-a-good-idea-and-where-do-you-go-to-earn-some-of-them/38213/283?u=leerla73

1 Like

And if you deleted your first one and do another Wiki Edit, you will get the first badge again, since, it doesn’t keep a history it only counts active Wiki Edits. So there you are again, and like we said with losing the Regular status you will lose the ability to create a Wiki Edit.

3 Likes

But, I did not delete the first wiki. :pleading_face: In fact, I had about two or so wikis to begin with, and created others since June 5th. Only staff can delete, other than the original poster

You’re probably getting it mixed up with having the wiki badge disappearing altogether. The comment I made about the time travel bit was to do with how old the post is you turn into a wiki. I think at the time I observed KdramaAli had somehow edited 29 days (29d) prior despite having gained the wiki badge a day after Feyfayer who turned a post to a wiki on the same day. (1d)

EDIT: I noticed that the ability to un-wiki my very first wiki seems to have disappeared. So does that mean I’m a little safer from losing the Wiki badge? With the spanner now turned into a bin to delete the post altogether and thus losing the wiki badge? I 'm not willing to find out! :joy:

2 Likes

Guys! Look what I got! Am I the only one???

I just finished a 2pm ONline LIVE Concert Fan Meeting it was so good - and then I saw this!!! I’m so tired I have been up since 3:30 am - back to bed.

https://c.tenor.com/SOwwQeJL1qAAAAAC/angry-birds.gif

6 Likes

There on the picture it says “Others with this badge (1)” and when you click on it, you will get to see that it is irmar, who is the other badge owner.

5 Likes

How was the fan meet??!! Excited to hear your experience! You can reply in the Segue Cafe^^

1 Like