Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

Just be active on Discussions. I had the Regular role previously, but lost it when I was inactive. I was demoted to the Member role. I regained my regular role today.

4 Likes

@baepsae29,
The link to Discourse states:

Trust Level 2 – Member

Members keep coming back to your community over a series of weeks; they have not only read, but actively participated long and consistently enough to be trusted with full citizenship.

Get to trust level 2 by…

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 1 like
  • Receiving at least 1 like
  • Replying to at least 3 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 2 can…

• Use the “Invite others to this topic” button for one-click onboarding of new users to participate in topics
  • Invite outside users to PMs making a group PM
  • Daily like, edit, and flag limits increased by 1.5×
  • Ignore other users
  • Edit their own posts for up to 30 days after posting

Admins can change these thresholds by searching for tl2 in site settings.

Here at Viki’s community - members

This badge is granted when you reach trust level 2. Thanks for participating over a period of weeks to truly join our community. You can now send invitations from your user page or individual topics, create group personal messages, and have more likes per day

There are many hiccups to Viki, if you get caught in a hiccup, like me, you’ll wait years for a badge. In my case, The Devotee Badge. Sigh!

4 Likes

I’ve completed a week ago, thinking it might have been what I was missing, but doesn’t look like it.

I’m not even a Member yet. :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Then keep liking and responding to threads. It has to be something about the more basic types of activity on Discussions. Maybe open a new thread just for the fun of it? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Make sure it isn’t on here already or people will tell you you made a redundant topic :rofl:

5 Likes

Maybe Viki should code for topics to avoid redundancy. Sigh!

2 Likes

The Regular Badge at Viki:
But some features aren’t working just like inviting other members… and there is no private lounge too…

2 Likes

They took away the rights to recategorize and rename the topics at some point. I remember having them before.

But I think everyone has the option to invite new users to Discussions. I think there’s even a badge for it.

Yeah, what is a “private lounge”? Is it the private group messaging, the one with blue notifications, instead of green for the public chats? I thought everyone had the right to those.

4 Likes

That’s a very useful information thanks for sharing :heart:

1 Like

Hasn’t the Private Lounge been a mystery for a while? :joy_cat:
Also, there are some badges that are mentioned, but no one has ever received them, such as inviting a user. At least, it doesn’t show the number of badges that were given for this ‘achievement.’

I wish they could remove or replace the badges (with new ones) that aren’t attainable anymore.

5 Likes

We should just open a new thread for that

@baepsae29 :wink::wink:

2 Likes

@bozoli, @feyfayer,
. . . about, The Lounge here . . .
:arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:

:arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:

1 Like

I’m too shy to create any new thread, need another 5 years on discussion before gaining some confidence
DhDf

7 Likes

Lol!

If you open one, I promise I will like it and respond to it.

(whispers:) And probably others will, too.

6 Likes

I second this :blue_heart:

4 Likes

We will probably all like it!

7 Likes

No worries, just come on over to “the dark side”! :hatching_chick:

6 Likes

There’s one badge here in discussions that might give fans pause to obtain. But! :wink: I’m here to tell you, think of this fun :notes: song from :jamaica: Jamaica, when it is justifiable to grab this badge. :rofl: And, go get your badge! :laughing::joy::sob::rofl:
Here is Miss. Lou :butterfly::dove::white_heart: singing, and explaining the lyrics.

The badge in question, is of course,
(⁠*⁠❛⁠‿⁠❛⁠)⁠→ this one! - First Flag. :arrow_down:
https://discussions.viki.com/badges/13/first-flag

2 Likes

Jamaican Musical Chairs!

Getting a First Flag badge is truly odd. Who would be proud to get that? Nobody wants to have to call a post to anyone’s attention because it is questionable.

If anyone wants to get that badge, I can oblige by creating a post that is questionable according to the discussion board community standards algorithm:

I love ■■■■■■■! It’s a great source of C-dramas, K-dramas, doramas, T-dramas,etc.

I love ■■■■■■■! It’s a great source of C-dramas, K-dramas, doramas, T-dramas,etc.

Don’t forget to mail me a jar of kimchi when you get your badges.

And if a person can get a Second Flag badge, that means either a frequent poster is not playing by the rules and causing a lot of disruption, or the flagger (not to be confused with a segger or a subber) is the cranky helmoni in It’s Beautiful Now and is flagging posts so she has something to do while eating breakfast.

OR . . . there is a really wack high school girl gang lurking somewhere in the Viki community.

(Webtoon screen cap)

And if you want a Second Flag, help yourself to or more of these:

(Google search screen cap)

3 Likes

Haha! It is somewhat. Your keen perception! :laughing: :joy:
I wanted to convey the message of :notes: " 'memba a play wi dey play!" :notes:

1 Like