Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

No worries. We all do, one time or another, perhaps due to one glitch or another, too. :wink:

3 Likes

@ninjas_with_onions,

3 Likes

Well it was worth a try since they keep tinkering with Discourse something might have changed!

4 Likes

You’re right about that part. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Did you get it? I’ve tried replying via email but… :expressionless:

4 Likes

But what does reply to a post via email means?
i mean, should i reply to a topic by email? how exactly? sorry if that’s seems a stupid question

3 Likes

No. Not at all. :grinning:

It means when you check your email (the one that’s linked to Viki for notifications), you’ll see replies to any of the topics you’ve posted in. Then make an email reply via one of those emails.

3 Likes

No, Viki still haven’t enabled the reply to post via e-mails feature of Discourse. Can’t say I blame them though, it does seem a rather pointless extra step when the forum already exist.

4 Likes

Ok. I thought so since that “badge” is sooo elusive lol

Not really pointless.

Some folks cannot access browsers or forums during work hours, but checking emails are allowed. Some folks prefer to check their mobile email app more than getting on any browser, and so on.

3 Likes

A valid point, our company have a block on social media sites too. One person was sacked when it was found out she was on social media most of her time at work than she actually did her job!
I don’t see any issues with people using their phone during breaks/lunchtime for these things, but if you can interact via email just as much as via a browser on the forum, you’d still be spending as much time on Viki but just through E-mail.
I think the Discourse e-mail function was a way to integrate the mailing list discussion systems from the early days of the internet where you would set up an E-mail server, people would add their email address on the list (subscribe) and any e-mails sent to the server would be re-sent out to all the other people on the list, and you have open discussions by selecting which email to reply to (the reply is re-sent out to everyone) so you can have a group discussion solely via E-mails!

4 Likes

I actually replied via email several times but it didn’t work so i thought maybe they meant something else by “via email”, now, i get why it didn’t work, thanks everyone :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:martial_arts_uniform::ninja::dagger::crossed_swords: All those dramas I’ve watched, with the secret teams protecting the royals going incognito comes to mind. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I got mine! :smiley:

6 Likes

Woot woot! You did it… You didn’t give any hint you would, lol :rofl:

Congratulations, I hope you had fun with “discobrat” and now know useful tools, you can go ahead and also do the advanced license :joy:
@leerla73 @ninjas_with_onions Look, I bribed another member to do it, yipee!!

Congratulations You Did It! Animated GIF | SuperbWishes.com

4 Likes

Thats your thing… // One of many… :wink:

4 Likes

I’m very talented, you see? :rofl: :rofl:
How do I get the advanced license? :star_struck:

1 Like

I’d have to look in this tread cos I don’t remember it by heart.

Ok do this as it says again with the “discobrat”, good luck!

3 Likes

they gave me a new badge! I love it! :star_struck: :tada:
Thank you!

3 Likes

You can get more badges, check out your profile on discussion, click on the 3 lines above right next to your picture and click on badges or just click on your profile picture right above my reply and click then Badges to see which ones you can also gain :wink:

1 Like

Thank you! :hugs:

1 Like