Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

If you go to the 3 lines up above with the search button and your avatar - you can pull up all the badges - I am now trying to figure out how to get them - Already started trying to get badges no one else has

@ninjas_with_onions had to tutor me

1 Like

ringbadge
You realise that it’s technically impossible to even get just all the bronze badges from the getting started section, probably deliberate to stop people from being taken over by the spell.
The
And how do I know it can’t be done? (through legitimate methods)
Look, it was taunting me, a meagre bronze badge with zero count. Did I succeed? Do you see a 1 in the count? :confounded:

8 Likes

I just tried to get this one but I have already replied via discussions most of the time
same cuz I saw no one had it

I just tried so let’s see what happens

6 Likes

oh my goodness! another surprise! thank you! aaaaawwwwwwwwww thanks for your love y’all

8 Likes

I am off again, battery is low and thunder is still rolling, heavy rain just hit us now it’s probably back with a thunderstorm.

Edit: 20 mins later quiet and no more rain. Crazy weather already June but weather is still like April.

4 Likes

I am :sob::sob::sob: streaming tears of laughter :rofl::rofl::rofl::joy:
I don’t think @entwyfhasbeenfound knew this :thread:thread :yarn:would unravel like this :joy::rofl::rofl::sob::joy:

4 Likes

:sob::joy::sob::rofl::rofl: The Pinky, and the Brain :rofl:

3 Likes

Same on this side of the world :earth_americas: I think the seasons got tired of us complaining when they come around. They had a meeting, and decided to come altogether at once in each other’s seasons. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

I must have THEM ALL!

Which ONE NEXT!

5 Likes

It’s here!! :gift: My Aficionado! :gift: :notes::musical_note:
Belted on another one! :laughing::smile::laughing:
Screenshots_2021-06-04-14-27-44 Screenshots_2021-06-04-14-29-14

5 Likes

Screenshots_2021-06-04-14-29-14

CONGRADULATIONS!!! AFICIONADO - 100 consecutive days

축하합니다
chughahabnida

3 Likes

Still a little thunder in the mix, but weather warning ends in these minutes.

Not that I would be happy too soon. The one for tomorrow is out from 11am until 11pm. Oh, dear, and it doesn’t look much different the next week. Only Sunday might be without thunderstorms …

4 Likes

(This was originally from the 1960s Broadway musical “Man of La Mancha,” but it has since then become a great song for many other artists as well.)

Storm the barricades! Go for it! Unity!

5 Likes

Thanks! 감사합니다! 감사!

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::rofl: :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation: it’s now @kdrama2020ali turn to scale the “reply by email” badge, I made an attempt, but ended up dangling :joy: from my safety ropes. I’m due for another trip up the mountain. There’s a rumor of a ring :ring: badge. :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s flat out pouring cats, and dogs on this side of the world :earth_americas::umbrella::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::cloud_with_rain::umbrella:

Post Script: And I am working in it too :frowning:

3 Likes

I have attempted the climb - no recompense yet!

First Reply By Email badge - we are trying our hardest

3 Likes

Looking more and more like a bad arranged-marriage “meet cute” each time I log on . . .

The dry cleaner’s daughter is shy and willowy of form. Yet she is über-modest in her sister’s hand-me-down track suit. She is also virtuous and pure of heart (and a hearty eater who got a job driving a cement truck in pre-school to pay for her own five pounds per day of after-school snacks).

The herbal throat lozenge king’s son is strong-willed, careless of social convention, and resentful of being constantly corrected and belittled as he works in the mailroom to prove to his dad that he is worthy of inheriting the business.

He misses his dead mother (she died in childbirth) and carries a deep burden of sorrow because he cannot bring himself to please his father’s grandmother (his only family ally) and apologize to his father for years of unfilial behavior.

Depending on the writers, the genre of the story, and the broadcast network, he and the dry cleaner’s daughter spend anywhere from five minutes to twenty years meeting, fussing, fighting, belittling, misunderstanding, learning to tolerate, and allowing themselves, ever so reluctantly, to fall in love.

(from Google and Netflix: Flower Crew Joseon Marriage Agency)

Then, depending on netizen online responses and broadcast ratings, the fated lovers will either spend twenty-five MORE episodes dragging their heels and being constantly torn apart and harassed by nosy, bitchy, and/or prejudiced relatives (and even strangers), or they will end up sitting across from each other at a “meet the in-laws” dinner at a traditional Korean restaurant where the dry cleaner’s daughter’s little brother innoocently asks for cup noodle . . .

https://assets-metrostyle.abs-cbn.com/prod/metrostyle/attachments/83a0ef45-e3d8-4deb-92d6-2799d12701ce_ramen%20gallery%20thumb.jpg
(from Metro Style website)

Everyone gasps!!! His parents stand up, ready to call off union with the lower classes!!! Her parents stand up, demanding that his parents pay their overdue drycleaning bills!!! The restaurant owner hurries in and begs everyone to calm down (so he can figure out who to ask for a credit card before things get out of hand).

AND THEN!

Urged on by love, fate, and a desire to see kimchi covering his oldest-brother-law’s sharkskin suit, the cough lozenge king’s son rises to his full height, upends the entire table, and strides righteously off into the dark!!!

(from Google and Pinterest)

Will they complete the pattern destiny has laid out, or will they be fated to live forever apart???

[to be continued . . .]

6 Likes

Oooh! A ring to search for. Now comes the fun.

Especially the inexplicable scene where the secondary male lead (a “minding my own business” cousin or grade school classmate) gets roped into being the fiance of the smart lady lawyer who is dumped by her lawyer boyfriend because . . . she doesn’t spend enough time at home???

(from the website Foodie Loves Fittness)

So SHE lends HIM money to buy her a rock the size of Gibraltar . . .

(from Britannica’s online encyclopedia)

And through a series of merry mishaps (including a dive into the Han river to rescue the accidentally dropped engagement ring), the lawyer and the jewelry store owner eventually (and with a LOT of snarking and sniffing, and constant assurances to friends that they are not suicidal) fall in love and “tie the knot” as they say in English.

Epilogue:
“Um, honey, why did your hand just fall off?”
“That red thread bracelet you gave me? Remember that? I’m pretty sure it completely cut off my circulation.”
“Oh, no. I guess that means I’ll have to feed you all your meals!”
“Gosh, honey, you are the best!”

(from the website Goody Feed)

7 Likes

Ta-Da!!
@natyh and I received this badge today.

9 Likes