Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

Some excellent writing, you could run rings round some of the terrible scriptwriters of the dramas about!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The dry cleaner’s daughter has a wonderful smile!

3 Likes

That’s a good one! You are fine company my friends! - :blue_heart::blue_heart: congrats @natyh also

4 Likes

Ok Again attempting to respond from the email! ----- What am I doing wrong? No email badge :sleepy:

3 Likes

Here in our little virtual corner of the soju-and-dried-squid tent, the kind and sensitive group I am coming to think of as “The Badge Whores” could definitely collaborate on a script that would equal or better some of the offerings that Viki has been able to wheedle out of Korean networks.

Of course, the really bad shows I have in mind were probably done in the early 2000s when the “Hallyu Wave” was just getting started (and the idea that anyone outside Korea would go crazy for them was not well-formed in anyone’s mind just yet).

Hedged about with the right amount of “we’re just having fun, no disrespect to any person, place, or thing intended,” we could have a lot of fun and see how well, ahem, moderators are paying attention.

(Giphy)

3 Likes

But they do pillow-fighting the best on C-dramas, and so . . . fighting as a potential word or theme in a C-drama discussion seems kind of inevitable. Duh.

And I love it when generally “buttoned-up” characters in C-dramas start grabbing pillows (or coats or purses or magazines for that matter) and start taking out frustration on a family member who will not stop eating others’ leftovers . . . or “punishing” an admired co-worker for not calling in and making everyone worry . . . or whatever . . .

I can’t see how mere discussion about C-dramas could merit a slap on the wrist.

3 Likes

Suddenly I’m a racehorse listed on the board at a betting agent’s. I get the feeling the odds are not in my favor . . .

7 Likes

Yup!!! I receive the notification hehe
elh62gV

8 Likes

Despite two people posting that IT’S IMPOSSIBLE, IT CAN’T BE DONE your very next question is how did we do it? :rofl:
The badge requires that you REPLY to a post, using E-mail. What you are getting are E-mail notifications that someone is interacting with the post(replying etc) what you were replying to is the notification, you were not “posting” a reply VIA E-mail.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I get email notifications of replies to my posts on the website, but when I read those emails, they seem to imply that I can only interact about “the topic” by going to the website.

Waaaay too much Joseon-style bureaucratic fussiness combined with misdirection in those emails. Must become paranoid and discover what plot is afoot to destroy the ambitions of the Badge Whores!

If “Mama” ain’t happy, ain’t NOBODY happy . . .

4 Likes

The national grandmother - must root out the problem!

We badge “hoes” need to band together

5 Likes

I don’t doubt it’s “do-able” we have a very basic call logging system that can raise and update calls by emailing to a specific email address, but even then it can only do plain text and attachments.
I can imagine the nightmare of trying to educate the majority of Discussions users that the most they do is write a bit of plain text, no inline pictures, links, bold, italics, spoilers, quoting etc. The results would be too dull and messy to even think about implementing.
And what if you want to edit it? We would be going in Discussion, locate the post amongst the other peoples posting activities and you’re now back in Discussions anyway so why bother with the subpar emailing mechanism!
Yeah, that impossible badge is probably there just to frustrate badge collectors! :rage::rage::rage: (I’ll use a nice description)

4 Likes

Un-obtainable!!!

3 Likes

Honestly, I’ve thought about this a LOT. We’ve got all kinds of amazing weirdos over here, I’m sure we’ll succeed at making the best Asian dramas ever! :sunglasses:
@kdrama2020ali can be in charge of the casting…we’ll have a visual treasure chest :joy:

4 Likes

I was just posting in HOTTIE POSSE - I tell you I need “merch” like the Hottie Posse BADGE
The Hottie Posse T-shirt, The Hottie Posse Coffee Mug!!!

2 Likes

Well, It had to happen didn’t it? I want out! Don’t lock me in with the crazy people! Of course, now I’m in it, it’s no longer the crazy people club, it’s the super elite intellectual private club OK?:smiley:

6 Likes

Although it’s equally odd only an hour before that I seem to have got

I’m sure I had this before this, I’m not sure if I messed something up deleting cookies when I was trying to figure out how to trigger the Interactive new user tutorial to get the Certified badge. :thinking:

6 Likes

Sorry - You’re locked up with the WEIRDOS - the BADGE “Ho-Hos”

But your Sorry not Sorry RIGHT?

맞아요.
Majayo

7 Likes

Meh, colour me unimpressed. Neither of which is that impressive compared with…:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

7 Likes

OK HOW DID YOU FIND THE tutorial -

You’re not telling are you!!! It’s 1 am - I need to go to bed!!! :crazy_face:

@ninjas_with_onions Your Avatar is my FAVORITE

5 Likes