Badges: Who thought they were a good idea, and where do you go to earn some of them?

LOL the picture …
Do you know what you get while searching the net for Lutra Lutra?

5 Likes

I personally think that certain BADGES are not a good idea to have here, ESPECIALLY the REGULAR one bc some people that have that BADGE think they have the right to go into TOPICS they didn’t wrote, and make changes on them. NO ONE should touch whatever anyone writes as a Title or whatever, just bc they have a REGULAR BADGE.

This REGULAR badge in my opinion interferes with individual’s right of privacy when SOMEONE DARES to go to their title/topic and make changes; without even asking the person for permission to do so, and this to me seems: unlawful. These BADGE for some strange acting individuals here gives them the opportunity to harassed others, for whatever reason they may have (like choosing not liking a person out of the blue). The ‘‘drama’’ is that No One should touch other people’s stuff bc this badge allows them to do so. I HOPE they eliminate the REGULAR BADGE once and for all: problem will be solved. Why allow something so wrong to continue happening here?

I HAVE THE BADGE and would never go anywhere to make CHANGES. We need to be respected when it comes to our privacy.

THANK YOU @jeslynl for looking into this matter and hopefully looking into eliminating the REGULAR badge that I feel brought and can only bring conflict in here.

3 Likes

Is this the species that is so famous and followed in Hong Kong? major SQUEE factor. But don’t try to out-cute me!

(Youtube)
3 Likes

Grump. Passed judgment on by an algorithm. Well, fine.

(Giphy)

1 Like

Since Discourse offers a lot of things that are supposedly customizable, there should be a way to get rid of badges that don’t add to the Viki experience.

It would be good if there were a “too cool for school” badge.

(Giphy)

And a “how cute” badge.

(Giphy)

5 Likes

Gosh! I didn’t know this is a “thing” too. I’d normally “like” a post if I agree with it or find it good/funny/amazing/etc. Sorry guys, my hands are tied now. lolol.:rofl:

Does anyone know…
Does it happen on a daily basis?
How many “likes” are allowed per day?
I’ve been “liking” for the longest time with no “restrain” and only just come across this today. Granted, I visit Discussions sporadically and post even more sporadically.:sweat_smile:

7 Likes

It happens daily if you like posts frequently
Many of us experienced this
I think around 50 likes are allowed per day after that you will be locked for 21 minutes(happeneds in my case first time)
And then for one hr(my case) and i think the time increases every time and i saw some users locked for 12 hrs( @leerla73) and 19 hrs(@loveurself_melanin)

3 Likes

gfycat

Heart Jail!!!

5 Likes

In real-time relationships, it’s easy to say “hey, I like that idea” or “I like your chocolate cake recipe” or “I like that color on you” as often as you interact with friends and family. You have naturally developed bonds of affection and respect, you have closeness to each other, and you have body language to help communicate thoughts and feelings.

Iif it turns out someone is insincere or even treacherous in his or her motives for making compliments, it is possible to respond to them as circumstances dictate. The human brain is so constructed that it can process BILLIONS of bits of information per second.

And the human body’s reaction time to perceived threats or problems is also pretty awesome.

It’s important to deal with “likes” on social media platforms because of a host of . . . “sincerity issues”? And algorithms help do that. However, any computer-based system for determining the importance and value of “likes” is always going to get it wrong somehow because it’s only . . . what’s the word, class? An algorithm.

People worry about computers running AI programs somehow becoming self-aware and taking over the world. Bwa ha ha ha ha! Not bloody likely, if Discourse is an example of an AI etiquette monitor.

(Giphy)

4 Likes

You contribute a lot of sunshine over here, you totally deserve the badge!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Batman: Well somebody called, look, 1 missed call.
(Sorry couldn’t resist. :smile: :kissing_heart: )

2 Likes

Why the distress signal :laughing::smile::laughing:

2 Likes

giphy

I’m BATMAN
Geez I fooled you guys!!! hahahahahahaha!

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::joy: :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation: luv it! So fun!

You bat :bat: man too!?! :laughing: Oh! Whaow!!

1 Like

movies, films, flix

Ok - Cat Woman - but shhhhhhhhhh Don’t tell!!!

1 Like

Ok, shhhhh! :shushing_face: But these are suggested badges right?! This is indirectly, subliminally what we are discussing right? :rofl: You know 'em :point_down:t5::business_suit_levitating:

3 Likes

Pinterest

I seriously think we do need "SUPER HERO" Badges - You guys get in these GRITTY discussions! I applaud you and I’m over here (fighting for Minho and looking at my HOTTIE posse) So fluffy bunny here. You are the HEROS. You guys are MY HEROS!

2 Likes

Not even close.
Squirrel%20badge

12 Likes

squirrel%20up

I have 8 in the works or more! Ok like 15 but who’s counting! I WIN that one!

5 Likes